Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 11:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You need to ask yourself who it is that's influencing you and consider whether that influence is moving you closer or further away from the cross. Personally, I do not fear the boogie-man, or that of a vengeful god.
"A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus."

Why should you care about the Wrath to be poured out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 11:03 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
“A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

Old 08-03-2018, 11:12 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
You need to ask yourself who it is that's influencing you and consider whether that influence is moving you closer or further away from the cross. Personally, I do not fear the boogie-man, or that of a vengeful god.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:25 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
“A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
7's huh.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post

Why should you care about the Wrath to be poured out?
Why ? Because it only exists in those who have not yet come to know the true unchanging nature and character of God that never entertains the nature and character of man as being real.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
You left out Rom. 1:18-20 which was included to affirm God's view of those who suppress His truth in their wickedness. Your argument is with God and the Bible, not me.
The argument is with those whose thinking as not yet fully ascended back to the glory of God. It is time to leave the wickedness of worshipping the bible as if it is God, or leaving everyone thinking you do(because whether you are or not, it very much sounds like fundamentalist do) as if God and the bible are one and the same.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:41 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The argument is with those whose thinking as not yet fully ascended back to the glory of God. It is time to leave the wickedness of worshipping the bible as if it is God, or leaving everyone thinking you do(because whether you are or not, it very much sounds like fundamentalist do) as if God and the bible are one and the same.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It's just a promise in Hosea 2 ... That all Gentiles must come as submissive virgins as the flesh is supposed to be submissive to the will of the spirit. It is not a male and female thing, it is a flesh and spirit thing where Jesus himself came as a pure submissive virgin, a true temple that housed the male spirit of God.

There is therefore no more male, and no more female because all are female by flesh, and all are male by spirit, the spirit of the hidden man of the heart.
I appreciate this explanation. Still thinks it's pretty icky, can't changed me on that ...the Muslim thing, too...virgins waiting for them when they blow infidels up. We women have enough predators as it is here!
I do know all souls are as female and God is our Lover.

I notice I mistakenly called you HB for short when it should have been HF, sorry.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Quote:
Why ? Because it only exists in those who have not yet
come to know the true unchanging nature and character of God
that never entertains the nature and character of man as being real. - pcamps
Only our Father could have shown you this (as He showed me).

Old 08-04-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Are you a soldier...-- or a scout, spurred by curiosity?

Anyone remember the show, "Branded" with Chuck Connors?
Julia Galef: Why you think you're right -- even if you're wrong | TED Talk
I love that ...soldier vs scout! If we are in tune we have a balance of both...I see that in myself.
Yes, we still a Western Network 'Grit TV' here and Branded still plays!

Living with a therapist for 23 yrs...I think I know why people want to be right! (our basic core initial fear of abandonment...
of course, I could say that about everything!!! Instilled basic survival ...LOL!)
..but will enjoy the link...thanks...will anyone else click it? Hope so.

I forget about Ted Talk. I watch many interviews on 'Buddha at the Gas Pump'...here's one with Ken Wilber , "A Brief History of Everything", "The Religion Of Tomorrow" ...sorry this site gives you a huge photo, not just a simple link. As a sample if you never heard of it...2hrs 43 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1eOUIt4zUE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity