Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2018, 11:37 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I have very right to point out to other readers that you claim the Bible is inerrant and infallible but don't practice what it preaches. The mods have given you a way to avoid seeing my posts so stop being a crybaby.

And you tried to use one of my favorite theological writers to prove your point that HE thinks of the Bible in the same way you so. You once tried the same sly trick with Prof. Bart Ehrman. In both cases I've shown your thinking to be anything but straightforward.

Call yourself a Christian if you wish. I'm just pointing out that neither your posts nor your apologetics line up with what we see of Jesus.

And I am NOT lying about what I said in the first paragraph of my last post. You threatened another poster with the same B.S. regarding "reporting" them. I dug through all your posts to point out to a mod that you were saying the same things about other posters. I think you are so caught up in your own self-righteousness that your fundie blinders are not only blocking your vision but impairing your thinking.

And I have support for my claim about you calling the kettle black by other posters on this very thread. See post 442 and 443. It's quite obvious to more than yours truly.

Again, let me point out why Peter Enns is definitely one of MY theologians and why he is so foreign to your way of thinking:
Peter Enns, The Sin of Certainty, Chapter The Lie It's All Your Fault

Report me. I'm as entitled to my thinking as you are to yours. I'm certain the mods will agree. But if you think you are so very special that you can convince the mods that certain people may be banned from responding to your awful posts---give it shot. If they would such a thing, then I wouldn't want to be on CD anyway.

By the way, the entire Christianity thread is all about getting someone right with Jesus! Indeed, that is the point of your idol, the Bible.
I'm not the one who's crying. You're the one who's getting all preachy because I called someone a fool.

And Enns quite clearly stated several times that the Bible is the word of God. The quotes were provided in post #407. And I provided them because you made the ridiculous claim that me calling someone a fool proves that the Bible is not the word of God.

Post #401
''You've proven that the Bible isn't the Word of God by ignoring the very words of Jesus who warned you to not call any person a fool. ''
So what you need to do is write Peter Enns and tell him that he's wrong about the Bible being the word of God because I called someone a fool. And since you accuse me of making the Bible an idol because I said it is the word of God then you also have to inform Enns that he is making the Bible an idol for believing that the Bible is the word of God.

And yes, you are lying about what you said about digging up dirt on me in the past and reporting it to the moderators.

Now run along and tell Enns that he's idolizing the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 12:08 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
You've proven that the Bible isn't the Word of God by ignoring the very words of Jesus who warned you to not call any person a fool.

You did that--and then refused to apologize for it.

That's enough for anyone to ignore ANYTHING you have to say regarding "God's Word."

You have no respect for it in your personal life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'm not the one who's crying. You're the one who's getting all preachy because I called someone a fool.

Post #401
''You've proven that the Bible isn't the Word of God by ignoring the very words of Jesus who warned you to not call any person a fool.''
There are people who have been made to feel inadequate their whole life by those who turn out to be hypocrites.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:

And Enns quite clearly stated several times that the Bible is the word of God. The quotes were provided in post #407. And I provided them because you made the ridiculous claim that me calling someone a fool proves that the Bible is not the word of God.

Post #401
''You've proven that the Bible isn't the Word of God by ignoring the very words of Jesus who warned you to not call any person a fool. ''
So what you need to do is write Peter Enns and tell him that he's wrong about the Bible being the word of God because I called someone a fool. And since you accuse me of making the Bible an idol because I said it is the word of God then you also have to inform Enns that he is making the Bible an idol for believing that the Bible is the word of God.

And yes, you are lying about what you said about digging up dirt on me in the past and reporting it to the moderators.

Now run along and tell Enns that he's idolizing the Bible.
I've stated the Bible is the Word of God. It is good if understood as Enns stated, within it's cultural context. I agree 100% that it is the Word of God---but written by fallible men who made errors---factual errors. But you don't try to live it. This is simply an intellectual religious game for you, it has nothing to do with your heart.

And the Bible isn't discredited by you calling someone a fool, it is discredited when you speak of it "reverantly" out of one side of your mouth while disparaging its teaching with your life and actions.

I'm not lying. It's easy to catch you being a hypocrite regarding calling people names, Mr. POTUS. Others on this thread have called you on the same thing. But I'm in your face---constantly---and it irks that darkness in your heart. Oh, I think the POTUS never apologizes to anyone either!

Child,’ said the Aslan the Lion, ‘I am telling you your story. . . . I tell no one any story but his own.’”

It's hard to look at the depths of who you are---I speak this as one who has been there. Yet I appreciate the opportunity to provide more wisdom from Enns:
Quote:
One cannot have contentment in the Christian life without the darkness. Dying is the only path to resurrection, and that is the only way of knowing God. There is no shortcut. Jesus himself is our model for this.

When faith has no room for the benefit of doubt, then we are just left with religion, something that takes its place in our lives along with other things—like a job or a hobby.
Peter Enns, The Sin of Certainty,Chapter Let's Bring This Aboveground
I'm thinking the Bible is but a hobby for you.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-21-2018 at 01:05 AM..

Old 08-21-2018, 02:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
You'll get tired of it. But if you don't and you continue to harass me, I'll let the moderators deal with you.
Why not let go and let god?

Old 08-21-2018, 02:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
That is correct. God said if you return to me I will return to you.

Exercising faith is more than just declaring: "Jesus is my Lord and Savior".

He wants us back and too many want what Adam did. To do things their own way and not His, so they do not return to Him, they turn their back on God instead.
god has never left us...

Old 08-21-2018, 03:07 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
god has never left us...
That is correct.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:59 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
god has never left us...
Correct. He still wants people to come to Him.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I've stated the Bible is the Word of God. It is good if understood as Enns stated, within it's cultural context. I agree 100% that it is the Word of God---but written by fallible men who made errors---factual errors. But you don't try to live it. This is simply an intellectual religious game for you, it has nothing to do with your heart.

And the Bible isn't discredited by you calling someone a fool, it is discredited when you speak of it "reverantly" out of one side of your mouth while disparaging its teaching with your life and actions.

I'm not lying. It's easy to catch you being a hypocrite regarding calling people names, Mr. POTUS. Others on this thread have called you on the same thing. But I'm in your face---constantly---and it irks that darkness in your heart. Oh, I think the POTUS never apologizes to anyone either!

Child,’ said the Aslan the Lion, ‘I am telling you your story. . . . I tell no one any story but his own.’”

It's hard to look at the depths of who you are---I speak this as one who has been there. Yet I appreciate the opportunity to provide more wisdom from Enns:
Peter Enns, The Sin of Certainty,Chapter Let's Bring This Aboveground
I'm thinking the Bible is but a hobby for you.
What you think about it is actually quite irrelevant, as are you yourself. Oh, as for calling people names, that's not being a hypocrite. Calling a spade a spade, calling someone what they are is simply being honest. The person I called a fool is exactly that. And I stand by that. As for you, you're a drama queen who blows things out of proportion. Well, be a drama queen. Eventually you will get tired of it. You aren't worth any further attention.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Why not let go and let god?
That's actually good advice, and I quite agree.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
Quote:
Since the canon existed before any of the councils, the councils were not responsible for the canon. Again, the councils merely acknowledged the books that had already been accepted by the church at large even though some people still had disagreements. The bulk of the New Testament canon was never debated and was established quite early. There were only a few books that were debated. You might try actually studying the subject.
"Canon" does NOT exist without canon law. The various books existed and councils decided how to limit their inclusion within their law, which excluded such popular letters as "The Shepherd of Hermas."

Last edited by nateswift; 08-21-2018 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity