Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I told you what I believe, and your indifference or sentiments do not anger me.
It's ok. No need to answer. Lets just assume you agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 05:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
I told you what I believe, and your indifference or sentiments do not anger me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's ok. No need to answer. Lets just assume you agree.
Do you have a garbage disposal with running water for that fruit?
Because it will only create a foul odor, if you put it in a trash can.

It's the ignorance of today that concerns me, not yesterday.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:09 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What does it mean to be fruitful and multiply

One way is when the going gets rough and your wife is now salt, get your daughters to get ya drunk and Let them gang rape ya for the good of humanity.

Gods plan for the righteous Lot

Genesis 19:31-35 King James Version (KJV)
32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

Wonder what happen to Lot when he realized god didn't destroy everyone?

Now he's got two slutty daughters prego's

Gods plan, Lot being fruitful

Old 09-21-2018, 08:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Do you have a garbage disposal with running water for that fruit?
Because it will only create a foul odor, if you put it in a trash can.

Hmmm.....still not answering, but we can conclude that either you:

1. Disagree with Mystic, and you think the OT authors were not ignorant, and the text is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

OR

2. You believe the authors were ignorant, and the OT text is not valid, but you don't care, you just quote it anyway.

Logically thinking it would not make any sense for you to start a thread and make the argument you made unless your stance is #1.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

1. Disagree with Mystic, and you think the OT authors were not ignorant, and the text is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

OR

2. You believe the authors were ignorant, and the OT text is not valid, but you don't care, you just quote it anyway.

Logically thinking it would not make any sense for you to start a thread and make the argument you made unless your stance is #1.
Why are you pressing Jerwade to answer you when he's already given you the answer?, it is not his problem you did not like the answer he gave.

I have already told you they were ignorant to some degree, how could they not be if they had not known Jesus Christ who is the full revelation of God. What part do you not get that the bible writers only knew in part?. The larger part that they did not know, what do you think they filled that with?.... Exactly their own conception of God. You have to be ignorant to think they were not ignorant of the full revelation of God.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:

OR

I am not held in bondage to your perceptions or the perceptions of others.
But I do find the ignorance of today more alarming than that of yesterday.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why are you pressing Jerwade to answer you when he's already given you the answer?, it is not his problem you did not like the answer he gave.

I have already told you they were ignorant to some degree, how could they not be if they had not known Jesus Christ who is the full revelation of God. What part do you not get that the bible writers only knew in part?. The larger part that they did not know, what do you think they filled that with?.... Exactly their own conception of God. You have to be ignorant to think they were not ignorant of the full revelation of God.
He believes that he can entrap people by twisting their words and/or making assumptions.
What he fails to realize is that maturity is a process and ignorance is a lack of having knowledge.

Example: The ancient belief that the world was flat was based on ignorance.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:45 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
He believes that he can entrapped people by twisting their words and/or making assumptions.
What he fails to realize is that maturity is a process and ignorance is a lack of having knowledge.

Example: The ancient belief that the world was flat was based on ignorance.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:02 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

OR

Your black or white thinking is puerile, Finn. It is NOT either/or. It is both. There is truth and falsity in the Bible so we must use the "mind of Christ" and the descriptions of the Holy Spirit to discern which is which.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:

OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your black or white thinking is puerile, Finn. It is NOT either/or. It is both. There is truth and falsity in the Bible so we must use the "mind of Christ" and the descriptions of the Holy Spirit to discern which is which.
Apparently, his attempt to pit us against each other has failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity