Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thy Kingdom come.
Jesus said it was here but no one believed him

Old 11-15-2018, 12:15 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I ask cuz of how atheists see God...where do they get these nutty ideas?
From Christians and the Bible. They're not describing MY Dad!
NO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-AkJzpKmg

we worship the ancient one from ages ago !
the only True one.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:04 PM

I say Liars give God a bad name!
ps the oldest religion is the religion of Eve..
the religion of the women, who are waiting for the savior of the world, the promised one who would overcome the serpent.
I say Liars and theives Give God and his Word a Bad name!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y15tiLBUw-I
and I can do this with ancient native American stories too.
all our roots in every nation is The the Lord!
Man lies Give God a bad name!
He is a true , His word is true!
Because of the Lamb .. we will be washed in the water!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV5_qS0SwiE

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-15-2018 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-15-2018, 02:23 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
NO

[youtube]DA-AkJzpKmg[/youtube

we worship the ancient one from ages ago !
the only True one.
Could you sum up a couple of points you wanted to show from this youtube?
It's too long...plus the translator for many to watch.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:40 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Could you sum up a couple of points you wanted to show from this youtube?
It's too long...plus the translator for many to watch.
I watched the first 20 minutes or so. It was interesting. Ancient Chinese apparently believed in a supreme God over other gods, Shangdi. I did a bit of reading about Shangdi, elsewhere:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Shangdi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangdi

I believe the speaker was saying that the Chinese Shangdi was equivalent to the Jewish Yaweh, similar in character. Shangdi, from the bit of reading I did, was believed to be distant, remote, and perhaps required sacrifices from the Emperor, which Answers in Genesis has concluded was a foreshadowing of Jesus as a sacrifice.

In other words, Christians don't have the corner market on giving God a bad name.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjGUC9GNqfE

here is another one confirming ancient common roots of all peoples with God's word!
Men give God a bad name!

Old 11-17-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Do Christians and the Bible give our Father a bad name?
Mrs hepburn asked this question and I answered it was evil men who give God a bad name..
I am wrong it is the devil in men who give God a bad name.
as it is written " our battle is not against flesh and blood but powers of darkness........" hiding everywhere they can find a place to settle.

But she asked that question. But I have to ask

"who Gives God his Good name?" because he has a GREAT NAME too!

2000 years of Christians who are/ were filled with His spirit, fill with His love for mankind.. and have sacrificed in the most glorious ways to spread His word and His love and His mercy and His grace and to share his Spirit with everyone and anyplace it is allowed to settle!
So Christian men and women with his words and his Spirit have given God and the Lord and their kingdom His good name too and shared his love with all around the world for 2000 years !!
before that The Eve's/ Khepah and sages of the ages and ancients and his dispersed(12 tribes) did it all over the world.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I believe the speaker was saying that the Chinese Shangdi was equivalent to the Jewish Yahweh,

In other words, Christians don't have the corner market on giving God a bad name.
LOL.... Thank you, Pleroo, as always.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Men give God a bad name!
Yes, that's what I'm saying....sorry, I narrowed it down to Christians. ..
I guess cuz they seem to me in America that they turn off people to God more than anyone.
Funny, I just had a conversation last night that a friend of ours, a TOP medical person in her field ....can't
figure out why others exit the elevator when she gets on...she is the most outlandish Christian proselytizer....but really thinks in her heart she is doing God's Great Commission.

Added: Oh and she has gotten anon letters written to her about her obnoxious , outta line, unwelcome Christian talk...and still doesn't get it.
She is doing it the 'wrong way'.

People run from her...my mouth has dropped at her 'approach'....it's very confrontational...almost
scary how she freaks people out...sweet, young people even!

I am a big believer in what St. Francis said, Always preach the Gospel...and sometimes use words.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-17-2018 at 08:21 AM..

Old 11-17-2018, 07:46 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
LOL.... Thank you, Pleroo, as always.
别客气

(You’re welcome. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity