Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 06:17 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh my ex was sowing that anyone that believed in such unscientific nonsense was an idiot.
So ur right ...it was not about God.
That sounds like anyone who has not taken the time to understand counter arguments. I call it circular reasoning but I'm not sure of the actual term. It's starts with I am right and then seeks to denigrate opposing viewpoints by calling them: ignorant, evil, stupid, anything but..hmmm you may have a point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 02:34 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,399 times
Quote:
I have heard this is the biggest sin or crime against God, the most hurtful, the sadest....
to talk someone out of belief...of believing and loving Him....in other words,
taking someone's love away from Him.

What do you say? You, not the Bible...your heart and soul....what do they say to you?
God doesn't feel the pain or hurt of sins how we feel them, but there must be an ache of some sort from the estrangement - that's just the heart of a Father. We have to remember that all born into flesh have no awareness of the spiritual realm, as much as we know. They all have to come back to Father - I can't see how Father can get overly worked up about that. And the issue here is that the degree to which the OP knows and loves the Father is the perceived level of loss that we are reflecting upon - hence someone who has never known that degree of oneness with Father whilst in the flesh cannot lose it.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
God doesn't feel the pain or hurt of sins how we feel them,
but there must be an ache of some sort from the estrangement - that's just the heart of a Father.
May I ask how you know this...you show me yours and I'll show you mine...cuz I know this, also!!!

Old 03-11-2019, 10:11 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
I have heard this is the biggest sin or crime against God, the most hurtful, the sadest.... to talk someone out of belief...of believing and loving Him....in other words,

What do you say? You, not the Bible...your heart and soul....what do they say to you?
It is a big sin to do so, and it's probably a bigger sin for the person who loves Jesus to actually take Him out of their heart.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:24 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
I have heard this is the biggest sin or crime against God, the most hurtful, the sadest....
to talk someone out of belief...of believing and loving Him....in other words,

ALL sins were taken away at the cross with unbelief left as the unpardonable one.......

Old 03-11-2019, 11:31 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Listen, children, to a father’s instruction;
pay attention, in order to gain insight;
2 for I am giving you good advice;
so don’t abandon my teaching.
3 For I too was once a child to my father;
and my mother, too, thought of me as her special darling.
4 He too taught me; he said to me,
“Let your heart treasure my words;
keep my commands, and live;
5 gain wisdom, gain insight;
don’t forget or turn from the words I am saying.
6 Don’t abandon [wisdom]; then she will preserve you;
love her, and she will protect you.
7 The beginning of wisdom is: get wisdom!
And along with all your getting, get insight!
8 Cherish her, and she will exalt you;
embrace her, and she will bring you honor;
9 she will give your head a garland of grace,
bestow on you a crown of glory.”

10 Listen, my son, receive what I say,
and the years of your life will be many.
11 I’m directing you on the way of wisdom,
guiding you in paths of uprightness;
12 when you walk, your step won’t be hindered;
and if you run, you won’t stumble.
13 Hold fast to discipline, don’t let it go;
guard it, for it is your life.

14 Don’t follow the path of the wicked
or walk on the way of evildoers.
15 Avoid it, don’t go on it,
turn away from it, and pass on.
16 For they can’t sleep if they haven’t done evil,
they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone fall.
17 For they eat the bread of wickedness
and drink the wine of violence.
18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
shining ever brighter until full daylight.
19 The way of the wicked is like darkness;
they don’t even know what makes them stumble.

20 My son, pay attention to what I am saying;
incline your ear to my words.
21 Don’t let them out of your sight,
keep them deep in your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them
and health to their whole being.

23 Above everything else, guard your heart;
for it is the source of life’s consequences.
24 Keep crooked speech out of your mouth,
banish deceit from your lips.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,
fix your gaze on what lies in front of you.
26 Level the path for your feet,
let all your ways be properly prepared;
27 then deviate neither right nor left;
and keep your foot far from evil.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
ALL sins were taken away at the cross with unbelief left
as the unpardonable one.......
Thanks for this input, stirs the discussion up a bit, hahaha

Could you explain to this novice what is written in the Bible regarding this?
I mean, I know a lot...but, could you give verses?

Cuz I am thinking unbelief is such an innocent thing...to believe in scientific, concrete things
your senses see....why would that be so unpardonable, V6?
I mean it is hard for left brainers to believe in ANY thing unseen, ya know?
And they were created this way after all.
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:08 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
I can't speculate why a person would want to do most of anything that they do ...that's thought time
wasted in my brain, anyway.
(Unless they are asking me for help to get rid of some habit...then, I put my thinking cap on for them.)

It's not whether they 'could' change a person...it's their 'trying to' that is the topic.
I certainly get their efforts to assure separation of church and state...that's very imp to us all.
That's not the issue either...it would be the interfering
with someone's private thoughts and belief system.
Honestly, if a person wants to believe Santa is bringing his gifts every yr and is happy and has an altar for Santa...why would I go up to him and say, "George, you know, for 40years now you are believing in a lie."
When he is so happy thinking this...albeit, he may be thinking this in a luxury Mental Hospital...but so what.

It is the ego, pure and simple for anyone to want to change another...Christians think they
are doing God's work...sure they are enthusiastic...so, tell people what you found that saved you in some way, wonderful....then be done with it.
Same with an atheist that is finally free of religious beliefs...tell people how free you are, yay..
and be done with it.
Doesn't that sound reasonable?
Yeah, well said, Miss Hepburn.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:13 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,399 times
Quote:
God doesn't feel the pain or hurt of sins how we feel them, but there must be an ache of some sort from the estrangement - that's just the heart of a Father.
Quote:
May I ask how you know this...you show me yours and I'll show you mine...cuz I know this, also!!!
The law of sowing and reaping and our carnal thoughts is what creates our personal hell experience. All of mortal life experience encapsulates the experiences we signed up to prior to being born. Looking at some lives and the apparent banality or generic nature of their experiences, it seems they were not destined, or did not choose, to have any great wow moments or revelations - this is why reincarnation or multiple lives is so easy to accept, and that we've all been around a very long long time. It's also why experiences as a spirit in the after (or between) life's doesn't have to be as 'saved' or 'un-saved' - there's plenty that know of Christ and God and yet stay on the fringes of diving into that river, by their own choosing. Are they under any obligations? Absolutely not - they are free to choose, according to their faith.

Is the Father comfortable with the station He has set everyone and everything ("Markla" ) in - Absolutely yes.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
The law of sowing and reaping and our carnal thoughts is what creates our personal hell experience. All of mortal life experience encapsulates the experiences we signed up to prior to being born. Looking at some lives and the apparent banality or generic nature of their experiences, it seems they were not destined, or did not choose, to have any great wow moments or revelations - this is why reincarnation or multiple lives is so easy to accept, and that we've all been around a very long long time. It's also why experiences as a spirit in the after (or between) life's doesn't have to be as 'saved' or 'un-saved' - there's plenty that know of Christ and God and yet stay on the fringes of diving into that river, by their own choosing. Are they under any obligations? Absolutely not - they are free to choose, according to their faith.

Is the Father comfortable with the station He has set everyone and everything ("Markla" ) in - Absolutely yes.
I hope you are thinking of distinguishing between the suffering into at least three areas of life.
There is causation involved while passing through this finite life.
I've personally found hope in something greater than while having one foot below the other in taking each step forward.
I've personally learned to give freely what was freely given and pursue a goal that has good company in the end.

During a time of confession the Lord spoke with me about my own personal guilt. The burden I carried most. A weight of forgiveness I caught first that is now known to be a forgiving portion of 7 steps. It was only after those 7 steps that I was asked if there were any other burden keeping me from entering.
In my soul it was obvious.
The 8 steps to walk and release are the sufferings I endured.
In that moment everything was lifted off my shoulders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity