Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 12:54 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Preached Wednesday, October 22nd at the Revival Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Paul Washer delivers a urgent appeal to the Christians and Churches in North America that many have been believing a false gospel and have false assurance of their salvation......

YouTube - Ten Indictments {A Historical 21st Century Message} (Paul Washer) [High-Quality Version]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,282 times
Thank you Fundamentalist for posting that link. Thank you so very much.

I have been such a fool in the things I have said about the bride of Christ. Such a fool for despising the Church in my heart. Little realizing that I have been despising that which calls itself church today but which really isn't and lumping the Church which is together with the church that isn't.

It is churches, those corporate structures, composed of goats and lambs that I despise to the bottom of my being. It is churches that claim to know God but who despise Him in their practice and traditions that I despise. It is that symbol of church today, the Sunday church building, which has long ago ceased to be a symbol of hope and holiness and love but rather a symbol of self-absorption and self-congratulation that I have come to utterly despise.

But I have been guilty of lumping together the church full of goats and the Church of the Lamb together. Of equating what I see in that which calls itself church but isn't with the Church of the Living God, the bride of Christ. And I have been guilty of calling her wicked. I have been guilty of calling the Bride of Jesus Christ a *****. Ready to sell herself to the highest bidder at the expense of holiness in her midst. Of saying that she, the true Bride of Christ, is not worth Jesus having died for her. Of not considering the Lord big enough to work in her to make of her what He wants.

I have been a fool.

May God have mercy on me and enable me in the future to not despise His Church. That Church which is comprised of true members of His Body.

May God help me and all of us in so far as we may be members of His true Body to once again live in such a way that there is a distinction between those who are goats and those are lambs. May God help us all to know the difference between the church that is (which is not the Church) and the true Church that Jesus considers His bride.

Carlos

Old 03-04-2009, 06:43 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post

I have been such a fool in the things I have said about the bride of Christ. Such a fool for despising the Church in my heart. Little realizing that I have been despising that which calls itself church today but which really isn't and lumping the Church which is together with the church that isn't.

It is churches, those corporate structures, composed of goats and lambs that I despise to the bottom of my being. It is churches that claim to know God but who despise Him in their practice and traditions that I despise. It is that symbol of church today, the Sunday church building, which has long ago ceased to be a symbol of hope and holiness and love but rather a symbol of self-absorption and self-congratulation that I have come to utterly despise.

But I have been guilty of lumping together the church full of goats and the Church of the Lamb together. Of equating what I see in that which calls itself church but isn't with the Church of the Living God, the bride of Christ. And I have been guilty of calling her wicked. I have been guilty of calling the Bride of Jesus Christ a *****. Ready to sell herself to the highest bidder at the expense of holiness in her midst. Of saying that she, the true Bride of Christ, is not worth Jesus having died for her. Of not considering the Lord big enough to work in her to make of her what He wants.

I have been a fool.

May God have mercy on me and enable me in the future to not despise His Church. That Church which is comprised of true members of His Body.

May God help me and all of us in so far as we may be members of His true Body to once again live in such a way that there is a distinction between those who are goats and those are lambs. May God help us all to know the difference between the church that is (which is not the Church) and the true Church that Jesus considers His bride.

Carlos
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

It is not hard to discern the true church.... the sad thing is that so many of those who have been deceived by modern Christianity will be lost.

HK

Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 AM

381 posts, read 798,602 times
I'm glad to see someone else has seen Paul Washer preach. A friend of mine with terminal cancer sent out a link to one of his video to church leaders in the wake of our scandal, and they shot back, " thanks, we have that covered."

that is what is wrong. leaders with a degree have gotten too pompous and callous toward sincerity and urgent calls to do a reality check.

the biggest problem plaguing the church is "easy believism" Washer knows it, John macArthur coined the term and it drives massive building and programs for the constituents but doesn't require any measurable study of the gospel and no follow up by church staff. none, nada.

what you get is heavy handed collection practices, tithing doctrine that burdens the poor, ( see you tube videos by Ringo TV, Robert Kelley, )

the black church is the biggest perpetrator of chastising members for not giving, not giving enough and the induce guilt to get members to buy into their twisted Prosperity message.

Joel Osteen is also the biggest single problem affecting the gospel message...have your best now in five easy minutes...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post

I have been a fool.

Carlos
Your welcome Carlos and I could not have said it better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity