Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 05:09 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Walk into a Christian church and speak of the beauty of Sukkot, Hashanah Rabba, and Shemini Atzeret, then watch how everyone looks at you when you dare to speak of the religion of Jesus and the missions set before him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 05:39 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Walk into a Christian church and speak of the beauty of Sukkot, Hashanah Rabba, and Shemini Atzeret, then watch how everyone looks at you when you dare to speak of the religion of Jesus and the missions set before him.
Paul wrote the epistle to the Galatians condemning Judaizers. And he wrote in Colossians 2:16-17:

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The "religion of Jesus" is meant to point to Him. Being a Christian is a relationship, not a religion. Jesus is the Light of the world (John 8:12), but some prefer shadows.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
(John 3:19-21)

Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Sinners in the hands of an angry god isn't something that I find edifying, neither do I see much love or truth in that mentality. But you go right ahead and knock yourself out with how special you are as a believer, while condemning others to a non-existent hellhole - if that's what floats your boat.
They will continue perpetuating the beast image and trying to force others to worship that image until they go into their graves.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:31 PM

1,045 posts, read 758,228 times
Lol

Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
They will continue perpetuating the beast image and trying to force others to worship that image until they go into their graves.
You're giving him a thumbs up for ranting about something that wasn't even brought up on the thread. At least not by me to whom the rant was directed.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
How much of this so called persecution have they brought upon themselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
"So called"? Look and what Christians are going through in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, North Korea, China, India, etc...
Quote:
But the persecutors and other enemies of God heap up damnation upon themselves. They're being fattened for the kill, just like Pharaoh. Yet again I point to 2 Thessalonians 1. Jesus is coming soon in judgment to mete out fiery and eternal vengeance upon all His enemies.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Sinners in the hands of an angry god isn't something that I find edifying, neither do I see much love or truth in that mentality. But you go right ahead and knock yourself out with how special you are as a believer, while condemning others to a non-existent hellhole - if that's what floats your boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
They are the one's who are held in chains, until the day of judgment.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:51 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Paul wrote the epistle to the Galatians condemning Judaizers. And he wrote in Colossians 2:16-17:

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The "religion of Jesus" is meant to point to Him. Being a Christian is a relationship, not a religion. Jesus is the Light of the world (John 8:12), but some prefer shadows.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
(John 3:19-21)
LOL, Judaizer, see, Christians wont even accept a Passover lamb, and then they speak about having a holy spirit from a Pentecost Ram.

If I were to try and prove Jesus was the Passover, the Pentecost, the goat of Yom Kippur amd the Sukkot bull, it's as if I brought a bunch of Babylonian Holy days and traditions and tried to say they were of Christ.

Christians keep all the holy days, traditions and rituals of the Babylonian Messiah named Tammuz, and if I dare and speak of the 7 missions of Christ, I am some evil Judaizer lol.

SEE THAT? Thanks for proving my point Snj, it is just that way, you love the Torah, you love the religion of Christ and Christians can't stand it.

I love the ways of Jesus and so I am hated and despised by people who hate the ways and the worship system of God, and Christians claiming persecution for keeping the ways of Christ are the ones who hate and despise the whole worship system of Christ.

Why do they think they have a Passover, and why do they claim the power of the holy spirit only given to those who accept Pentecost?

Good Lord, speak of Jesus and get brought down by Christians.

Snj, teach me all your Babylonian holy days, traditions and rituals, and I will teach you the holy days of the king of Jerusalem, his traditions, and his rituals, and you can debate how the Babylonian Messiah is so much greater than Christ.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:08 AM

952 posts, read 323,546 times
Quote:
The problem with the idea of the pre-trib rapture is the possibility that this teaching allows for "second chances," as it were. Did you get "left behind"? If so, pre-trib would posit you get one last chance to give your life to Jesus! This is not in keeping with sayings such as the parable of the ten virgins. Once the door is shut, there are no "second chances."

[/i]
Quote:
Actually, I have been arguing in this thread for amillennialism. Jesus could return at any moment, and that's the end of the world, the final judgment, and the beginning of the eternal state. Hopefully soon.
I was referring to your first " argument " that somehow the pre-trib position affords a second chance that
would not be there post-trib .
Fulfilled prophecy being a fulfilled prophecy no matter when it happens .
People are just as free to get their " Come To Jesus " second chance ticket punched pre or post trib .
According to what you have said .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity