Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:17 AM

265 posts, read 615,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
What I mean by that is that there are many views on the book depending on how you study it.

Some will look at it as chronological events in order as presented. Others believe it wasn't meant to looked that way.

Some will look at it all literally, and others all figuratively.

Some will say the 7 years and the 1000 years are future event. Others see it as between the first coming of Christ and his second coming, meaning no future 1000years.

Some would put the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls as 3 different waves, others would combine all 3 as 3 different view angle of the same events that all lead to the second coming of Christ, and started since the first coming of Christ.

The list goes on.... How many different main views are there?

I only studied 2 different versions, but I know there are a few more.

I am not saying any of those views here are right or wrong, but it is interesting how many interpretation there are.

the views of revelation will be as many as those who read it. anyone who even dare to understand the book is bold. all of the different expressions of revelation are to be considered, but this bible verse should always be considered when dealing with revelations I think.

1 Corinthians 13:12
for now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity