Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 01:10 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I do believe in actual angelic beings, but I believe they are not all that different from human beings. It's just that they are not mortal beings (they're not living among us as humans). They live with God and are sent here by Him to serve Him in some way or another -- most often as messengers. God may have other messengers (prophets, etc.) who are humans, but I don't see them as angels. I hope that clarifies.
Our imaginations are unbounded and unconstrained so any speculations about what the next stage after death entails is moot. I suspect that every spiritual entity is derivative of whatever sentient lifeform produced it during its physical existence. Since we haven't a clue what that might entail, all such speculations must be taken with a huge grain of salt. Pleroo had suggested the bold above and I find it resonates with me. We are a diverse species which argues that we will have very different spirit lives after our physical death. In my prayers, I give precedence to God the Father and Jesus, but I acknowledge that there also may be good souls, saints, guardians, angels, celestials, and the Heavenly Host all resident as Spirits. The truth is we simply have no clue and no way to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 01:58 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The truth is we simply have no clue and no way to find out.
Actually, we do. We just have to wait long enough and the truth will be made known to all of us. And then, we won't have anything to disagree on any more.

Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Actually, we do. We just have to wait long enough and the truth will be made known to all of us. And then, we won't have anything to disagree on any more.
I hope you are right, if death is not a sleep without dreams or even a thought.

Old 09-06-2020, 03:24 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I hope you are right, if death is not a sleep without dreams or even a thought.
Well, yeah, there's that. Somehow, though, that's just not a possibility I can even conceive of. I could be wrong, but it's just doesn't make any logical sense to me. I can't imagine that I would even exist if it were not for a Creator, and it just seems pointless to me that I'd be created only to later be destroyed. Damn, I'm worth more than that!

Old 09-06-2020, 07:54 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I get the feeling that many people do not want to recognize that 'sons of God' refers to angels, only because of the implications of that, in regards to when the sons of God 'came into' human females and created offspring.

Admitting that 'sons of God' means angels...would mean angels really did come down and create offspring with human females! (for many people, that is just too bizarre to believe).
The sons of God are the prophets who spread God’s word. They are also the morning stars.

I myself am the morning star.

When you honor the son of man you’ll realize who I am and that I do nothing on my own.

I’m the One who lives.

Keep the law so you will live!

Old 09-08-2020, 07:11 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,109 times
Default The account explains

Quote:
Job 38:7 refers to the "morning stars [singing] together, and all the sons of God [shouting] for joy."

What, according to your understanding, were the morning stars and the sons of God so excited about? And who or what were they all in the first place?

God's sons, also called angels, the creation of the earth primarily in those passages

Old 09-08-2020, 12:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
The sons of God are the prophets who spread God’s word. They are also the morning stars.

I myself am the morning star.

When you honor the son of man you’ll realize who I am and that I do nothing on my own.

I’m the One who lives.

Keep the law so you will live!
OK, so lets take that to the next step...if 'sons of God' were human males...and THEY were the ones to 'have sex' with human females...why would their offspring be referred to specifically as 'mighty men, men of renown'?

Despite what anyones belief is on who the 'sons of God' truly were...the fact still remains, these 'sons of God' fathered entities known as 'the Nephilim'...if these Nephilim were just normal human beings, why are they given a specific name to describe them?

Can anyone note any normal men from the bible, that were referred to as Nephilim?

Old 09-08-2020, 04:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
OK, so lets take that to the next step...if 'sons of God' were human males...and THEY were the ones to 'have sex' with human females...why would their offspring be referred to specifically as 'mighty men, men of renown'?

Despite what anyones belief is on who the 'sons of God' truly were...the fact still remains, these 'sons of God' fathered entities known as 'the Nephilim'...if these Nephilim were just normal human beings, why are they given a specific name to describe them?

Can anyone note any normal men from the bible, that were referred to as Nephilim?
The upper crust, men in power that could do as they please and take what they want...They were fallen from G-d, that is what the word means, the ‘fallen’...You could say that the generation of Noach were Nephilim...

Old 09-08-2020, 05:26 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The upper crust, men in power that could do as they please and take what they want...They were fallen from G-d, that is what the word means, the ‘fallen’...You could say that the generation of Noach were Nephilim...
Yup

Old 09-08-2020, 09:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
They wanted the hot looking farm girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity