Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 07:53 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,875,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Stop quoting bible verses at me as if it is approval of what you believe. How about expounding on them. I can go toe to toe with you all night if you want a bible quoting game.
What the verses in question mean is that you are not going to enter into heaven by believing what is popular. Going in through the way that many enter will bring you to destruction.

To enter into life you must find the way; and there are few who find it and there are few who enter in that way; for the way to life is not a popular road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Wrong, absolutely wrong. Your bible tells us the consequences of sin and more importantly where they come from

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting Galatians 6:8, your beloved KJV translation

Corruption is the consequence of sowing to the flesh and that corruption does NOT come from God, it comes from the flesh. It is right there in your bible and you don't believe it.
I do believe it; however I do not believe that the reality that you have spoken of contradicts or nullifies the reality that I have spoken of.

Corruption takes place in this life; being cast into the furnace of fire takes place in the next.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:21 AM

No response, @pcamps?

Old 02-02-2022, 03:05 AM

37,343 posts, read 28,415,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I do believe it; however I do not believe that the reality that you have spoken of contradicts or nullifies the reality that I have spoken of.

Corruption takes place in this life; being cast into the furnace of fire takes place in the next.
Like I have already told you, that is a primitive belief you have like many unbelievers brought into the christian faith. Anyone who believes that Jesus Christ, the one who did that many wonderful things for mankind that all the books in the world could not contain what he did for it, would cast folk into a furnace of fire, believes in the wrong Jesus. How could he who is called wonderful, counsellor, prince of peace do something such horrific that it would make Hitler look like an angel ?

Old 02-02-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Like I have already told you, that is a primitive belief you have like many unbelievers brought into the christian faith. Anyone who believes that Jesus Christ, the one who did that many wonderful things for mankind that all the books in the world could not contain what he did for it, would cast folk into a furnace of fire, believes in the wrong Jesus. How could he who is called wonderful, counsellor, prince of peace do something such horrific that it would make Hitler look like an angel ?
Jesus said that workers of iniquity shall be cast into a furnace of fire where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

Since He has personally warned you in holy scripture, I don't believe that you will have any excuse on your day of judgment or any basis for complaint if or when he casts you into the furnace of fire for your iniquity.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:32 AM

37,343 posts, read 28,415,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus said that workers of iniquity shall be cast into a furnace of fire where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

Since He has personally warned you in holy scripture, I don't believe that you will have any excuse on your day of judgment or any basis for complaint if or when he casts you into the furnace of fire for your iniquity.
If you for one minute do not believe you will go through fire (not literal fire) to be made pure you should resign your minister position because you don't know what you are talking about, just like you don't with righteousness and your claim that love judges.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
If you for one minute do not believe you will go through fire (not literal fire) to be made pure you should resign your minister position because you don't know what you are talking about, just like you don't with righteousness and your claim that love judges.
There are different fires that people go through.

The fire that is spoken of in Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50 is obviously the judgment of the Lord and is equal to everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:41,46).

The fire that refines on the day of judgment (1 Corinthians 3) does not cause the believer to wail and gnash their teeth. The works that they did that were not worthy shall be burned up and they will not be rewarded for them. The passage is not speaking of a refining process in which the believer is made more holy.

Being made more holy is a work of the Holy Spirit called sanctification and I do not believe that there is any pain involved in it.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:09 PM

64,086 posts, read 40,368,724 times
Quote:
I thought JBF was trying to understand why our ancestors were wrong in their belief about a wrathful vengeful God, but he is not. He seems to admire such a God and can't wait for Him to punish all those JBF thinks are completely wicked and evil. I don't know who he knows that is actually completely evil, but he seems to think it is possible.

As long as he thinks what he believes about the Bible and our ancestors' beliefs about God exempts him from any concern about his own wickedness and evil, he will be unreachable. As I frequently point out, you cannot reason with unreasoning credulity.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:20 PM

By all means point out what is the wickedness and evil that you see in me, Mystic.

Of course I am a sinner saved by grace...

But I am not the person any more that I used to be.

When the Holy Ghost decides to pinpoint sin in my life, I am always perfectly willing to be exposed to the light and to confess my sins because He is faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

He has been sanctifying me for the past 30 years or so; and therefore I am certainly not as "wicked" as I used to be.

But I will say that the only goodness in me is God the Holy Ghost.

For in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing (Romans 7:18, 1 John 1:8, 1 Timothy 1:15).

Old 02-03-2022, 04:06 PM

No response, Mystic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity