Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 06:08 PM

63,962 posts, read 40,245,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
By all means point out what is the wickedness and evil that you see in me, Mystic.

Of course I am a sinner saved by grace...

But I am not the person any more that I used to be.

When the Holy Ghost decides to pinpoint sin in my life, I am always perfectly willing to be exposed to the light and to confess my sins because He is faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

He has been sanctifying me for the past 30 years or so; and therefore I am certainly not as "wicked" as I used to be.

But I will say that the only goodness in me is God the Holy Ghost.

For in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing (Romans 7:18, 1 John 1:8, 1 Timothy 1:15).
I do not see evil or wickedness in you, brother, but I do see misunderstanding and error in your beliefs about God and what Jesus did for us. God is NOT the wrathful and vengeful tyrant our ancestors believed Him to be. He is the loving Abba that Jesus revealed Him to be. That does NOT mean there are no negative spiritual consequences for human evil and wickedness because there certainly are!

The negative consequences are just corrective, proportional to the evil, and temporary, NOT eternal. In short, we will reap EXACTLY whatever we sow and do not repent of. Repentance is the sign that our Spirit desires to be right with God. Everything depends on our state of mind which is why we are given the Comforter (Holy Spirit) and asked to be in states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit as often as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 06:20 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,860,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not see evil or wickedness in you, brother, but I do see misunderstanding and error in your beliefs about God and what Jesus did for us. God is NOT the wrathful and vengeful tyrant our ancestors believed Him to be. He is the loving Abba that Jesus revealed Him to be. That does NOT mean there are no negative spiritual consequences for human evil and wickedness because there certainly are!

The negative consequences are just corrective, proportional to the evil, and temporary, NOT eternal. In short, we will reap EXACTLY whatever we sow and do not repent of. Repentance is the sign that our Spirit desires to be right with God. Everything depends on our state of mind which is why we are given the Comforter (Holy Spirit) and asked to be in states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit as often as possible.
Likewise I see error in your beliefs.

Those who are cast into hell and then the lake of fire, it is done because they never availed themselves of the remedy for a sinful behaviour pattern.

And, therefore, when they are cast into hell, they will continue to add sin to sin so that they will be adding to what they have done that deserves punishment.

If they ever come to a place of respite, wherein they have paid every penny, they are certain to commit sin again and they will be punished for it; because the sin nature hasn't been dealt with.

The issue therefore is not the sins that have been committed by sinners but the fact of the sin nature.

If the sin nature isn't dealt with (by being born again), the punishment will be everlasting because there will be no end to the sins that are going to be committed by that person.

And therefore it is just for God to implement everlasting punishment as everlasting fire that is characterized by wailing and gnashing of teeth.

(Matthew 25:46, Matthew 25:41, Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

Old 02-03-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Those who are cast into hell and then the lake of fire, it is done because they never availed themselves of the remedy for a sinful behaviour pattern.

And, therefore, when they are cast into hell, they will continue to add sin to sin so that they will be adding to what they have done that deserves punishment.

If they ever come to a place of respite, wherein they have paid every penny, they are certain to commit sin again and they will be punished for it; because the sin nature hasn't been dealt with.

The issue therefore is not the sins that have been committed by sinners but the fact of the sin nature.

If the sin nature isn't dealt with (by being born again), the punishment will be everlasting because there will be no end to the sins that are going to be committed by that person.

And therefore it is just for God to implement everlasting punishment as everlasting fire that is characterized by wailing and gnashing of teeth.

::Sigh:: Punishment is an ineffective human response to our impotence in preventing and correcting evil behavior and its consequences. Punishment serves only vengeance and accomplishes nothing! God is NOT impotent and does not need punishment to correct wayward humans. While we are here on earth, we remain ignorant. But when we die and are "born again" as Spirit, we will know everything, and our ignorance will be exposed and erased. That is what will cause the regret and remorse characterized as the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

You elevate our human will and ignorance over the power of God's Will in your belief about everlasting sin. That is blasphemous, IMO. While we are alive on earth, we DO have Dominion and our free will controls what we do. But we ONLY have free will while here on earth where God has given us Dominion by His Sovereign Will. When we die and are "Born again" as Spirit after our death, all bets are OFF!!! God is in control.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:

You have no more availed yourself of the remedy of sin than the unbeliever.

For God hath shut up all unto disobedience, that he might have mercy upon all.

The law could not remedy anyone from sin, so why do you think that you can?

For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh.

The remedy is righteousness and in believing Jesus condemned sin in the flesh, we no longer need to live under the power of sin because the righteous requirements of the law HAVE BEEN MET By HIM. The prison door of sin has been ripped off its hinges, sin and death have been rendered powerless.

Acts 16:26 At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. Stick that in your fire and brimstone pipe and smoke it!

Old 02-03-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh.

The remedy is righteousness and in believing Jesus condemned sin in the flesh, we no longer need to live under the power of sin because the righteous requirements of the law HAVE BEEN MET By HIM. The prison door of sin has been ripped off its hinges, sin and death have been rendered powerless.

Acts 16:26 At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. Stick that in your fire and brimstone pipe and smoke it!

Old 02-03-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

1Jo 3:5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1Jo 1:7, But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
::Sigh:: Punishment is an ineffective human response to our impotence in preventing and correcting evil behavior and its consequences. Punishment serves only vengeance and accomplishes nothing! God is NOT impotent and does not need punishment to correct wayward humans. While we are here on earth, we remain ignorant. But when we die and are "born again" as Spirit, we will know everything, and our ignorance will be exposed and erased. That is what will cause the regret and remorse characterized as the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

You elevate our human will and ignorance over the power of God's Will in your belief about everlasting sin. That is blasphemous, IMO. While we are alive on earth, we DO have Dominion and our free will controls what we do. But we ONLY have free will while here on earth where God has given us Dominion by His Sovereign Will. When we die and are "Born again" as Spirit after our death, all bets are OFF!!! God is in control.
Men will literally be cast into a furnace of fire on that day (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50);

For the verses in question are Jesus' interpretation of the parable that He had previously given.

And the knowledge of this in today's understanding ought to serve as a deterrent concerning the committing of sins that, if there were no punishment to be awaited, the pleasure of them would captivate even those who believe and they would be bound by sin for the rest of their lives.

But because of the threat of everlasting condemnation, even some of the worst addictions can be overcome as the believer thinks of what the consequences might be if they were to fall back into the sin of their addiction.

The fear of the Lord is an excellent motivation in this and it will even be your wisdom (Job 28:28) if you will adopt it into your understanding.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 02-03-2022 at 10:22 PM..

Old 02-03-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
You elevate our human will and ignorance over the power of God's Will in your belief about everlasting sin. That is blasphemous, IMO.
The free will of man is something that has been debated over the centuries but I believe that it is sound doctrine to teach that man has the power to choose whether he will receive Jesus as his Saviour and Lord or whether he will reject Him.

John 1:12, Romans 10:9-13, Joshua 24:15, Revelation 22:17, Revelation 3:20.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 02-03-2022 at 10:59 PM..

Old 02-04-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
The free will of man is something that has been debated over the centuries but I believe that it is sound doctrine to teach that man has the power to choose whether he will receive Jesus as his Saviour and Lord or whether he will reject Him.

John 1:12, Romans 10:9-13, Joshua 24:15, Revelation 22:17, Revelation 3:20.
All our free will and choices END when we physically die and are "born again" as Spirit. (You know that all our freely made vows are valid only until our death).

Old 02-04-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
All our free will and choices END when we physically die and are "born again" as Spirit. (You know that all our freely made vows are valid only until our death).
We will continue to have free will after we receive our glorified spiritual bodies (which in all reality will be physical in nature).

However, because we have fallen head over heels in love with Jesus Christ, we will never again do anything to displease Him. Because we also will not have a sin nature any longer and therefore will not have to deal with the flesh as a factor concerning whether or not we will sin.

Even as the devil was capable of sinning in the beginning, so will we also have free will. But those who are redeemed will be unswervingly loyal to Jesus Christ and therefore will not sin against Him.

We will have the capability to rebel against the Lord but will have learned the lesson of creation that sin does not have any merits and therefore we will not walk in the direction of sin, even though free will is something that will be retained by us. We simply will not exercise it in order to sin against God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity