Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 01:55 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Believers when absent from the body will be present with the Lord. Unbelievers will be resurrected at the end of the Millenium and be fitted with a body made for hell (won't burn up). Try with everything you have to be in the book of life.........hell is going to be an eternal nightmare.......pitch black and filled with demons.............
Death will be thrown in the lake of fire, too, so how does anyone get that the unsaved will stop suffering there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 02:42 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You like to hurt yourself?
You equated wrongly.
All sinned but not all will come to Jesus to be saved.
Not going to happen.
So you contradict the scripture that ALL will bow and acknowledge Jesus??
Quote:
You can't take from God's preserved written words.
You want people to follow your teaching where you get to mark out parts of the Bible?
Who are you to do that?
We are to believe and obey God and not men.
You are believing and obeying the "precepts and doctrines of men," NOT Jesus. You deliberately blind yourself to the contradictions to make yourself believe that God preserved the scriptures but it is NOT true. God preserved with eternal life the Word of God (Logos who is Jesus) and we are adopted with Him. That is WHY He became human and how He saved us!!!
Quote:
Here is one scripture that explains there is an eternal punishment.
Matthew 25:46 Jesus said, “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Many believe in a temporary punishment, whereas after punishment all the unrepentant will go to eternal life with Jesus. Jesus says that there is an eternal punishment.
Our primitive ancestors believed that every negative consequence was a punishment from God's wrath which is why they mistreated cripples so as not to treat them better than God did!! There is no punishment from God, but there are negative consequences for what we BECOME.
Quote:
Here is more for you to think about carefully:
Here is one scripture that should stop some from saying that Jesus will save all.
Exodus 32:33 The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.
Some believe in Universalism, a belief that all will be saved. However, this one scripture shows that God will blot people out of the book of the living.
Are you a believer in Judaism?? If not, why are you using their beliefs to understand God??? Your screen name says to use Jesus' Truth. Why don't you???

Old 11-04-2022, 03:02 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
Quote:
Here is one scripture that explains there is an eternal punishment.

Matthew 25:46 Jesus said, “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Many believe in a temporary punishment, whereas after punishment all the unrepentant will go to eternal life with Jesus. Jesus says that there is an eternal punishment.

There is indeed aionios kolasis & aionios zoe presented by the Master.

The entire chapter of St. Matthew is directed to servants of the Master, & pure clean virgins running low of oil in their lamps.

Old 11-04-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
There is indeed aionios kolasis & aionios zoe presented by the Master.
You are speaking as an English speaker to another English speaker, so no need to write in Greek.

Quote:

The entire chapter of St. Matthew is directed to servants of the Master, & pure clean virgins running low of oil in their lamps.
What point are you tying to make? You saying that and then saying think is something you need to rethink.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:14 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
You are speaking as an English speaker to another English speaker, so no need to write in Greek.
What point are you tying to make? You saying that and then saying think is something you need to rethink.
Apparently, there is a need to because the Greek does NOT mean "eternal." It means "age-during" as Young's Literal translation shows. Believers desiring "eternal life" decided that aionios had to mean eternal, not just age-during. If it was meant to be eternal aidios would have been used! Besides kolasis means correction NOT punishment! Punishment changes nothing and does not achieve what God wants from us, so it is NEVER appropriate. God WILL see to it that we BECOME what we are supposed to become, whatever it takes to achieve that goal. God would never accept failure or defeat!!

Old 11-04-2022, 06:07 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Apparently, there is a need to because the Greek does NOT mean "eternal." It means "age-during" as Young's Literal translation shows. Believers desiring "eternal life" decided that aionios had to mean eternal, not just age-during. If it was meant to be eternal aidios would have been used! Besides kolasis means correction NOT punishment! Punishment changes nothing and does not achieve what God wants from us, so it is NEVER appropriate. God WILL see to it that we BECOME what we are supposed to become, whatever it takes to achieve that goal. God would never accept failure or defeat!!

My brother, thank God it is he who is making us what we are to become within him.

The Author of all consummates all of his objectives in every detail!

Old 11-04-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
So you contradict the scripture that ALL will bow and acknowledge Jesus??

Here Paul speaks to the brothers about the brothers:

Romans 14:7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Quote:

You are believing and obeying the "precepts and doctrines of men," NOT Jesus.
You deliberately blind yourself to the contradictions to make yourself believe that God preserved the scriptures but it is NOT true. God preserved with eternal life the Word of God (Logos who is Jesus) and we are adopted with Him. That is WHY He became human and how He saved us!!! Our primitive ancestors believed that every negative consequence was a punishment from God's wrath which is why they mistreated cripples so as not to treat them better than God did!! There is no punishment from God, but there are negative consequences for what we BECOME. Are you a believer in Judaism?? If not, why are you using their beliefs to understand God??? Your screen name says to use Jesus' Truth. Why don't you???
You aren't speaking truth about me or the Bible.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Apparently, there is a need to because the Greek does NOT mean "eternal."
I have debated many who try to use Greek to change what the scriptures say.

Quote:

It means "age-during" as Young's Literal translation shows. Believers desiring "eternal life" decided that aionios had to mean eternal, not just age-during. If it was meant to be eternal aidios would have been used! Besides kolasis means correction NOT punishment! Punishment changes nothing and does not achieve what God wants from us, so it is NEVER appropriate. God WILL see to it that we BECOME what we are supposed to become, whatever it takes to achieve that goal. God would never accept failure or defeat!!
It is kind of funny how only words that prove people's false doctrines wrong are the only words that are said to be wrong.

How about the other scripture I gave, you can't think of a way out of that one?

Old 11-04-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:

My brother, thank God it is he who is making us what we are to become within him.

Exodus 32:33 The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:26 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:

It is so seldom on this forum that I hear anyone refer to Jesus Christ as our brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity