Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 01:45 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,061,061 times

Advertisements

"Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits of those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built." ~1 Peter 3:19

Questions =

1. Why?

2. What does the koine disobedient mean?

3. What is zao life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 02:01 PM

11,208 posts, read 7,267,789 times
LOL The dead don't listen well. Makes as much sense as ministering to mud and twigs. Who knows what mischief went into these words supposedly attributed to Peter.

Get yer koine zao on.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 11-02-2022 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-02-2022, 03:25 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,189,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits of those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built." ~1 Peter 3:19

Questions =

1. Why?

3. What is zao life?
24"For this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate."
32"It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.’”
14"The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. " = spiritually dead

Old 11-02-2022, 03:30 PM

33,363 posts, read 26,633,334 times
While I believe that those who have died without ever having had a chance to hear the gospel may have an opportunity to hear it after they have died, 1 Peter 3:19-20 is not a reference to people who have died but to the angelic beings who in Genesis 6 took human females for wives. 2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 6 and 1 Peter 3:19-20 all refer to the same angelic beings.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:44 PM

444 posts, read 115,237 times
Here is my opinion and current understanding.

From the first sin God has given man a means of temporary atonement looking forward to the atonement of Christ. We can see from Luke 16 that there are 2 waiting places. Torment(prison) and Paradise. Those in prison/torment can see those in paradise. I believe those in torment could see Christ and knew who He was. Therefore, I believed He explained to them about their disobedience and why they're there.

Christ's blood cleansed the sins of those in paradise as we see explained here.
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant

This says first covenant, but I believe Christ's blood is applied to all who chose to follow the commandments God gave them for the time they lived. For example, how did Able know to offer a sacrifice unless it came from God. Also those who lived Godly lives but never heard God's commandments as we see in Romans 2.
That is my current understanding and my opinion. I'm still learning.

Disobedient means to rebel or disobey. I use Bible Hub to look up Greek words.

Old 11-03-2022, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
LOL The dead don't listen well. Makes as much sense as ministering to mud and twigs.

Very few, living or dead, listen very well.

The Lord of resurrection declares "all power is given to me in heaven and upon earth."

Old 11-03-2022, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
Here is my opinion and current understanding.

From the first sin God has given man a means of temporary atonement looking forward to the atonement of Christ. We can see from Luke 16 that there are 2 waiting places. Torment(prison) and Paradise. Those in prison/torment can see those in paradise. I believe those in torment could see Christ and knew who He was. Therefore, I believed He explained to them about their disobedience and why they're there.

Christ's blood cleansed the sins of those in paradise as we see explained here.
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant

This says first covenant, but I believe Christ's blood is applied to all who chose to follow the commandments God gave them for the time they lived. For example, how did Able know to offer a sacrifice unless it came from God. Also those who lived Godly lives but never heard God's commandments as we see in Romans 2.
That is my current understanding and my opinion. I'm still learning.

We are all still learning, and in fact, none of us know as we should.

Our Father does nothing temporary. His atonement stands open to the good, the bad & the ugly.

This is the very first thing the Master of resurrection power did upon rising from the dead.

All the disobedient, from the days of the great flood of Noah's day, now have a visitor, the risen Christ of glory. It is now the beginning of setting the prisoners of sin and disobedience free from their chains!

Old 11-03-2022, 04:52 AM

#2. What does the koine disobedient mean?

Disobedience = apeitheō =

Refuse belief and obedience.

Refuse to comply.

Old 11-03-2022, 07:54 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,094,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Questions =

1. Why?

3. What is zao life?
It's a passage that is unclear. It's unsure if it means those that died prior to Christ, or disobedient angels from Genesis 6, or what. Some think it's angels that bred with human women and had half-breed babies. I say SOME, as I'm not one. But bottom line is we just don't really know.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's a passage that is unclear. It's unsure if it means those that died prior to Christ, or disobedient angels from Genesis 6, or what. Some think it's angels that bred with human women and had half-breed babies. I say SOME, as I'm not one. But bottom line is we just don't really know.
What is zao?

Zao =

To live, breathe, be among the living, not lifeless or dead.

To be active & blessed in the kingdom of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity