Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 06:45 PM

332 posts, read 84,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits of those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built." ~1 Peter 3:19

Questions =
1. Why?

Jesus was a spirit and was in the spirit world before he was resurrected. He was teaching the spirits who were disobedient at the time before Noah. They were disobedient and therefore in spirit prison after their first judgement. He was teaching them "to bring them to God" preparing them for the final judgement and resurrection.

2. What does the koine disobedient mean?

It means they were not obedient.

3. What is zao life?

1 Peter 3:18 "but quickened by the Spirit:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison". When we die, our spirit is alive and goes to the spirit world until we are resurrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 11:59 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
1. Why?

Jesus was a spirit and was in the spirit world before he was resurrected. He was teaching the spirits who were disobedient at the time before Noah. They were disobedient and therefore in spirit prison after their first judgement. He was teaching them "to bring them to God" preparing them for the final judgement and resurrection.

2. What does the koine disobedient mean?

It means they were not obedient.

3. What is zao life?

1 Peter 3:18 "but quickened by the Spirit:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison". When we die, our spirit is alive and goes to the spirit world until we are resurrected.
The Heavens exist at the spiritual level (quanta) that is simply not accessible at the physical (macro) level of our sensory system and bodies. Our bodies are the vessels that transform the energy of physical things into Spirit (consciousness). The Heavens are comprised of God's Spirit which has a specific character. Everything that becomes Spirit MUST be in resonance with God's Spirit. Prior to Jesus NONE of the Spirits transformed by our ancestors were "resonant" so they were in a sort of limbo.

When Jesus died and was "born again" as Spirit, His perfect resonance created a place within the Heavens for human "born again" Spirits. That is what He referred to when He said He was going to prepare a place for us. He brought all our ancestors with Him into His kingdom (which He said was NOT of this physical world!). That is where we will all end up after whatever degree of refinement we might need to become "resonant."

Old 11-06-2022, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Heavens exist at the spiritual level (quanta) that is simply not accessible at the physical (macro) level of our sensory system and bodies. Our bodies are the vessels that transform the energy of physical things into Spirit (consciousness). The Heavens are comprised of God's Spirit which has a specific character. Everything that becomes Spirit MUST be in resonance with God's Spirit. Prior to Jesus NONE of the Spirits transformed by our ancestors were "resonant" so they were in a sort of limbo.

When Jesus died and was "born again" as Spirit, His perfect resonance created a place within the Heavens for human "born again" Spirits. That is what He referred to when He said He was going to prepare a place for us. He brought all our ancestors with Him into His kingdom (which He said was NOT of this physical world!). That is where we will all end up after whatever degree of refinement we might need to become "resonant."
You make an excellent fiction writer.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You make an excellent fiction writer.
Thank you. But it is not fiction. It is based on unvalidated hypotheses that are themselves based on extant validated science so I guess it resembles science fiction in that respect. But, as I frequently have to remind people here, fiction is determined by the INTENT of the writer and it is not remotely my intent to write fiction.

Old 11-06-2022, 02:26 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
1. Why?

I think it is entirely reasonable to believe that the spirit prison still exist today and that the spirits there are being ministered to as we speak. It is also completely logical to assume that if they are being ministered to, there must be a point to it. In other words, they can choose for themselves to accept what they are being taught or to reject it. This way of thinking gives hope to all of humanity and not just to the ones who never had the opportunity to hear Christ's gospel during mortality.

Old 11-06-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thank you. But it is not fiction. It is based on unvalidated hypotheses that are themselves based on extant validated science so I guess it resembles science fiction in that respect. But, as I frequently have to remind people here, fiction is determined by the INTENT of the writer and it is not remotely my intent to write fiction.
OK. I respect that is your belief. There were no references, and I couldn't understand how it related to what I said. Your comment was bases on unvalidated hypotheses based on validated science. It is usually quite hard to test a scientific hypothesis in most spiritual matters.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:33 PM

Quote:
OK. I respect that is your belief. There were no references, and I couldn't understand how it related to what I said. Your comment was bases on unvalidated hypotheses based on validated science. It is usually quite hard to test a scientific hypothesis in most spiritual matters.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think it is entirely reasonable to believe that the spirit prison still exist today and that the spirits there are being ministered to as we speak. It is also completely logical to assume that if they are being ministered to, there must be a point to it. In other words, they can choose for themselves to accept what they are being taught or to reject it. This way of thinking gives hope to all of humanity and not just to the ones who never had the opportunity to hear Christ's gospel during mortality.
Yes, I think so. They had been there since the time of Noah, and spirit world paradise and spirit prison/hell will have to be there until the final resurrection and judgement. At the end of the millennium, death and hell will be destroyed. (Revelation 20:13-14)

Old 11-06-2022, 11:20 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Yes, I think so. They had been there since the time of Noah, and spirit world paradise and spirit prison/hell will have to be there until the final resurrection and judgement. At the end of the millennium, death and hell will be destroyed. (Revelation 20:13-14)
According to Luke 16:19-31 we only get one shot. At the end of the parable we are told:

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Old 11-07-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
According to Luke 16:19-31 we only get one shot. At the end of the parable we are told:

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
In Luke 16:19-31, Lazarus and Abraham were in paradise and the rich man was in "hell" (vs 23). They were separated by a great gulf that could not be crossed (vs 26). However, they were able to communicate with each other quite easily.

The rich man was in torment and wanted to spare his 5 brothers the same torment. So he asked Abraham to send Lazarus back from the dead so that they would listen to him. To which Abraham replied, "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." (Luke 16:31)

The rich man was paying for his lack of mercy while he lived on earth. However, he will be judged again at the end of the millennium. Death and hell will be destroyed and he will be judged according to his works. (Revelation 20:13-14) "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death". (1 Corinthians 15:26)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity