Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,788,090 times

Advertisements

[quote=nay624;4820647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Is not the use of birth control a means to prevent an unwanted baby from being born? Is that not exactly what abortion is? (A means to prevent an unwanted baby to be born.)

The morning after pill is what you must be referring to, that constitutes to killing a person, yet the regular good 'ole pill that women must take daily is not? That's some thin ice to skate on.

QUOTE]

r u serious????? surely you have some education in the birds and the bees....

remember in good old biology.....egg meets sperm = zygote???

if egg can not meet sperm.....no zygote....no "killing" (or which ever term you choose)...this is basic science....

[however I do believe the RCC position is any bc is seen as preventing life (still not so scientific)]

now once zygote is floating around...looking for a home and the IUD prevents it from adhearing to uterine wall....sure could be seen as "killing" or preventing life to form.

or if drugs, physical manipulation prevents the little zygote from adhearing(or remaining) in uterus then of course seen as "murder" (again whatever term u choose)

do you seriously not see the difference between barrier method and prevention of zygote to find a home in the uterus???? like the whole egg+sperm thing.....

not the same, most deffinately....

oral contriception (birth control) is not preventing an unwanted baby from being born...its preventing an unwanted baby from being created in the first place.......
if no baby is created ...there cant be an abortion....
While I thank you for giving me a third grade education overview of the "birds and the bees", I am simply playing the devil's advocate (that means taking on a different view than the current dominant one at hand).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 03:56 PM

250 posts, read 336,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Easy.

David sang to God about how God knew David before his mother even knew she was pregnant. That's awful early.

God said not to kill.

If someone is known, they are obviously a person, and someone kills another person, logic provides the answer to your question.

Right on. Could not have said it better.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:29 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,347,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
Well, I was having a debate with two of my closest friends, John and Stephanie at Starbucks. I asked my friends about why there are some many people that are against abortions. John told me that is a sin and states its like murdering a person, as did Stephanie.

What if the mother was raped and her life was endangered? Would it still be a sin if she engaged in getting an abortion?

Thanks in advanced.

I would suspect if the mother does not believe it's a sin, then she will not feel any guilt.

If she believes it's a sin, then she'd be guilty.

I can't judge her. It's between her and God.

Just as I can't call the enola-gay pilots murderers.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:50 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,922 times
[quote=moonsavvy;4833410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post

While I thank you for giving me a third grade education overview of the "birds and the bees", I am simply playing the devil's advocate (that means taking on a different view than the current dominant one at hand).
glad to help......just try to get the facts straight next time.....

Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,788,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I would suspect if the mother does not believe it's a sin, then she will not feel any guilt.

If she believes it's a sin, then she'd be guilty.

I can't judge her. It's between her and God.

Just as I can't call the enola-gay pilots murderers.
I think those are wise words. I'm quite passionate about the subject and will voice my opinions on it every now and again. It's obviously a controversial subject with strong feelings on both sides.

I believe that judgement's are reserved for whoever you call God. My hope is that no one ever has to have an abortion, but I do and will continue to support those who make the choice.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
...What if the mother was raped and her life was endangered? Would it still be a sin if she engaged in getting an abortion?

Thanks in advanced.
I guess my grandma on my mom's side was raped. She decided to have to baby anyway, and this was a time (late 1920s-early 30s) where abortion was common, but not safe... and a place (Kansas) that really would have looked down on it. But ultimately, it came down to her choice. She had the child and he was a very happy and healthy young boy till the age of about 6. He died of Leukemia. My grandmother later died of the same disease, as did one of my aunts.

This talk about birth control being a sin, isn't that mainly in the Catholic religion? If you're a Protestant, you're off the hook right?

This IS the Christianity forum, so I'd expect most in here to side with abortion being a sin in probably the majority of cases regardless of what the law of the land states. Is this fair? Perhaps not to some. It seems to me like women get the raw deal here. But not if they keep their legs crossed until they can secure a committment from the man who'd ultimately get them pregnant and secure a financial obligation from him to raise any resultant children- thus making the choice of abortion a moral one and not a financial one.

I think that any abortion that's done to protect the health of the mother is absolutely moral and just. I also think that pregnancy resulting from rape should result in immediate termination (financed by the perp's family) and it should be considered moral and just as well.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:16 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,445,113 times
Default Blessed Is the Fruit of Your Womb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Abortion is not a sin. People who accidentally get pregnant and they don't want the child, what else is there to do? Abortion is the best option.
How does one "accidentally" get pregnant? And how does abortion then becomes the next "best" thing to God?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:12 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,925 times
moonsavvy,

It nice to know you are pro Roe.............

Here is the rest of her story!

CNN - Roe vs. Wade - 1998 (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1998/roe.wade/stories/roe.profile/ - broken link)

Old 08-15-2008, 05:19 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,022,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
moonsavvy,

It nice to know you are pro Roe.............

Here is the rest of her story!

CNN - Roe vs. Wade - 1998 (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1998/roe.wade/stories/roe.profile/ - broken link)
It's amazing how faith in the Lord "opens your eyes" to many things.

Amazing Grace for sure...

Old 08-15-2008, 05:30 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,925 times
I need to mention that we are all PRO CHOICE.

Some of us CHOOSE to be PRO LIFE.

And that is our choice.

You should say pro life or pro abortion.

Just call a spade a spade!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity