Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 01:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
THat's because the fundamentalist types are mostly the culprits of instilling hate........UR is about loving God and your neighbor. This is not about UR/ET TwinSpin, you're making it into something it's not and taking the thread off topic.

The intolerance comes from any Christian, fundamentalist or not, who is judgmental and condemning of anyone different from themselves or what they believe. Yes, a healthy Christian would want everyone to go to heaven so therefore they wish for everyone to become a Christian but they don't condemn and say others are going to some imaginary torture chamber if they don't convert NOW. Why can't you see how damaging this is to the Christian faith?
Ilene,
No, of course this isn't about UR \ ET ..... only for the fact that a athesist is so tolerant about making the point that a religious dares to preach what they believe............ and that what they preached meant that he wasn't going to get his way and not go to hell.

That's right Ilene, until I mentioned that, no one ever brought up the topics of heaven or hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 01:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I was a bit uncomfortable with that, but Asheville's kind of out there.

I don't care for Fundamentalism, but I personally don't think they're all universally taught to hate people different than themselves. Some of them might genuinely be scared people of other faiths are going to Hell and mean any hectoring in a "loving" way. There are also Fundamentalist churches that aren't particularly Evangelical. They think others will find their way on their own or maybe they feel they're "an elect" and that not everyone is meant to live like them. At least it seems like I've heard of "we'll live strictly and mind our own business" kind of Fundamentalists.

In fact I think Ilene was even a bit uncomfortable going as far as just flatly saying they're all taught they "must hate those that are different."
If one can't see the anger, spitful, intolerance of this:
The fundamentalist sects of christianity teach that follower must hate those that are different. It was the root cause of racism, which is still rampant with the fundies, and of course the new minority to hate, homosexuals. I guess redheads or left handed people should be wary, for they may well be the next minority that are different targeted by the ignorance of fundy blind hatred.

then don't preach to me about stereotyping.... in fact, I don't want to be that enlightened.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
You can't beat someone into Heaven with a Bible
Best quote I've seen here in a long time! May we let that sink in!

Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
1PET 2:17 "Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king." Honor all irregardless of what they believe. It does not mean we need to agree but we need to show praise for the good that God put in every man.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Good post Garya. Each person is of value to God and we should see them as God sees them, through the eyes of love, not hate. Jesus died for all and therefore all are of value to Him, no matter what they have done or who they are. God bless.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:36 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,906 times
I don't think so. I respect that everyone has a right to believe what they want. If someone has a question about what I believe, I will gladly answer. If they aren't interested, then I don't push.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_boi View Post
Do Christians think that everyone should be a Christian, practice the Christian faith, and that people who practice other religions are wrong??
1. no..we realize only a small handful will believe.

2. no...we realize only a small handful will believe.

3. yes...if you practice another religion you worship a false God and violate the first commandment.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:23 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
that would suck. imagine everyone a church going christian. Christians cant get along now, imagine if everyone was one.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_boi View Post
Do Christians think that everyone should be a Christian, practice the Christian faith, and that people who practice other religions are wrong??
Because that is what Jesus said acording to John 14:6.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:31 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
that would suck. imagine everyone a church going christian. Christians cant get along now, imagine if everyone was one.
You've obviously never been part of a church with a time of sweet Christian fellowship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity