Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

If there is any anger on my part, it is against any who dare claim the authority belonging only to Christ Himself; it is against an organization that leads people down the very path to hell (wide is the road, and many follow it); and it is against those who do not study the Word for themselves but allow themselves to be led astray by every wind of doctrine that comes along.
I can't help but ask: Upon what authority you base your interpretations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
it is like the drop of water explaining what the ocean is. while he is made up of exactly the same material they are not the same.... I and my Father are One, but my Father is greater than I.
Never thought of it that way before. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 PM

396 posts, read 838,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I was totally enjoying the beginning of this thread... found it so refreshing to finally find a kind hearted thread towards Catholics on here...nice words being exchanged and reading the great experiences that brought others to their faith... then I got to the nasty bashing... Knew it was too good to be true... Weather, thank you for bringing everyone back to reality. I would love to go through one whole thread, just once, about Catholics and not find that...
You'll find that even in "Catholic" message boards there is a great deal of "in-fighting." "My church is better than your church." "My Mass is better than your Mass." It's unfortunate, but it happens. The only "in-fighting" I'd prefer to do is on the Fencing Piste.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I was totally enjoying the beginning of this thread... found it so refreshing to finally find a kind hearted thread towards Catholics on here...nice words being exchanged and reading the great experiences that brought others to their faith... then I got to the nasty bashing... Knew it was too good to be true... Weather, thank you for bringing everyone back to reality. I would love to go through one whole thread, just once, about Catholics and not find that...
"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" applies. If the gates of hell will not kill my Church, these fine forum posters sure can't either. Besides it was me, a Catholic, that got the protestants hair up. Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.

Last edited by juj; 09-22-2008 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Preterist, I'm still waiting on an answer to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post

Old 09-23-2008, 05:27 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
The Scriptures!

Preterist

Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" applies. If the gates of hell will not kill my Church, these fine forum posters sure can't either. Besides it was me, a Catholic, that got the protestants hair up. Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.
It is not YOUR church--it is Christ's Church--He bled and died for her--the body of believer, that is, and not an organization! If it was your intent to sir up protestants, why do you find it strange that they react? And, sorry, juj, but you can help yourself. You chose not to.

I find it sad that you are content to follow the teachings of an organization instead of the Scriptures. Aquila asked me upon what authority I base my interpretations and I told him--the Scriptures. Sola Scriptura! Upon what do you base your beliefs? You must be born again!

Preterist

Old 09-23-2008, 05:34 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
The philosophical authority of Mike Blume.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
The philosophical authority of Mike Blume.
Are you answering for me, bluepacific? Please don't. I had to look up Mike Blume--had never heard of him.

My authority is the Bible. I always present Scripture in its CONTEXT to back up my beliefs--not the teachings of men! If you followed my posts, you would know that. I do not follow "the philosophical authority of Mike Blume!"

Preterist

Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Are you answering for me, bluepacific? Please don't. I had to look up Mike Blume--had never heard of him.

My authority is the Bible. I always present Scripture in its CONTEXT to back up my beliefs--not the teachings of men! If you followed my posts, you would know that. I do not follow "the philosophical authority of Mike Blume!"

Preterist
Well then maybe it's the philosophical authority of Larry T Smith ???

Whatever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity