Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Its the same issue that looms so large. The same issue that keeps democrats from voting for nayone that is pro-life for the federal judgeships. Its just beliefs.But their are alot of peole on both sides of teh issue that will vote for the other candidate;just that the majpority won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
I`m voting for Shana Brown
Thanks, Dave, but...I don't think I want it! Now, you on the other hand.... God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:19 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
I have heard many people who are african american tell me.

Heck even Colin Powell is going for Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How do you know that this is the reason? God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I have heard many people who are african american tell me.
But why is it sad that 90% of African Americans are voting for him?

Quote:
Heck even Colin Powell is going for Obama.
And?

God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Whites are not voting for him because he's black.

Blacks are voting for him because he's black.

That's SAD

Quote:
But why is it sad that 90% of African Americans are voting for him?

And?

God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Whites are not voting for him because he's black.
This may be the reason for some, but not for all, don't you think?

Quote:
Blacks are voting for him because he's black.

So you believe that 90% of black Americans are voting for him just because he is black? Might there be some other reasons?

God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Hmmm..you're right

I guess 85% would be a better number

Quote:

So you believe that 90% of black Americans are voting for him just because he is black?

God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Hmmm..you're right

I guess 85% would be a better number
So you believe that 85% are voting for him only because he is black? Might there be some other reasons? God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 PM

ummm let's see

Obama has at least 5 years in the US Senate, and has passed major bills, he has helped clean up his district in IL, he has traveled to South America and Mexico, he knows how to balance at least a million dollar budget, his VP said Obama has all the experience that the POTUS needs and also says we dont need someone like McCain to do 'on the job training', Obama has great economic plans that he knows will work because he tried it out in Illinois, etc.

Wow you have convinced me. The percentage is now over 95%.

BTW did I mention that he's a great speaker?

Quote:
So you believe that 85% are voting for him only because he is black? Might there be some other reasons? God bless.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
ummm let's see

Obama has at least 5 years in the US Senate, and has passed major bills, he has helped clean up his district in IL, he has traveled to South America and Mexico, he knows how to balance at least a million dollar budget, his VP said Obama has all the experience that the POTUS needs and also says we dont need someone like McCain to do 'on the job training', Obama has great economic plans that he knows will work because he tried it out in Illinois, etc.

Wow you have convinced me. The percentage is now over 95%.

BTW did I mention that he's a great speaker?
Evidently, many - including both black and white Americans believe that he is the better candidate, (including Republicans) and I don't believe that it is because of his race. considering the results of the last 8 years and the support of the opponent for this administration's economic policies, for example. God bless.

http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/1704

http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=about

Quote:
The impression is a lot of blacks are voting for Obama because Obama is black (actually a “white-and-black” guy) and not because he is a democrat.
Then what explains similar black overwhelming support for Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry? What do these three white guys and Obama have in common? Perhaps they are all Democrats and best candidates in their times?

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/1...ks-in-georgia/

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-22-2008 at 09:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity