Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Eight years ago, most Christian fundamentalists all over these great United States were proclaiming the goodness and Christian values of GW..I remember the prayers of thankfulness for a President who would end abortion for once and all, put a stop to the sinfulness of gay and lesbian AMERICANS who thought the basic rights of our Constitution were written to include them He didn't, so they called him an apostate, now we have another who is a mirror image of what GW claimed to stand for and we hail him as the one to bring God back to Washington..Isn't it amazing how history repeats itself?

Our constitution is of the people, by the people and for the people.. I stand by my convictions that politics and religion do not mix well. Our politics should be based, not on the two issues I mentioned above, but what is good for the Nation and yes the world as a whole to ensure peace and prosperity for all of us..
No one man could end abortion, yet one man could pick consevative judges that could. Bush has done this. And Bush was the first president to sign a bill that would end all late term abortions in America. And legal abortion was never made legal by the people, but by judges. If Obama is elected president, he will make sure that newly appointed liberal judges will keep the death mills running for years to come. There will be no peace for our nation, because a nation that has murdered 50 million of it's own citizens, will be a nation lacking the blessing of God. And I will take it a step farther. The prophecies of the Bible speak of a nation that will exist in the latter days. The description of this nation matches America, and the God of the Bible states, that because of the hardness of hearts of it's people, God would deliever this mighty endtime nation into the hands of her enemies. When a nation believes rights are of greater importance, then the life of a child, then that is a nation that has put herself in harms way. The Bible clearly speaks of America, and it clearly speaks of her frightful future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,078,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The prophecy is so terrorizing that I in my human condition fear for all who will be in harms way. God is not going to allow harm to come to his people, because God always finds an avenue of escape for His own
Then there is nothing to worry about (especially Obama). Thanks for playing.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:09 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Then there is nothing to worry about (especially Obama). Thanks for playing.
I'm not worried about myself, that is not what the Christian faith is about. I'm concerned for the vast majority of Americans who do not have a relationship with God, nor do they understand what is going to occur. What is going to happen is not a joke. It will be an event that will be one of the most destructive in world history. And I believe it will happen sometime within the next 30 years or less.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:40 PM

322 posts, read 738,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
How can a country escape the wrath of God, that kills millions of it's own young? Do we think He's going to just turn His face, and look the other way, while we continue this evil practice?

Obama said he'd make signing FOCA his first act? What kind of person makes "ok-ing" abortion the highest, first-thing-to-do priority?

Judgement will come...on both him, and our country...IMO...

Bud
Senator Obama is not only running a race for President, but he is also racing towards hell, and has a lot of company. There is plenty of room in hell for more. Feel sorry for those poor souls! Stay out of their way. They are enthusiastically following fantasy. They are marching to hell with a big smile on their faces. I hope they will repent, but will not hold my breath until they do.

Turn from your wickedness, sinners! Repent, Repent

Old 10-26-2008, 02:05 PM

92 posts, read 163,282 times
Quote:
I'm not worried about myself, that is not what the Christian faith is about. I'm concerned for the vast majority of Americans who do not have a relationship with God, nor do they understand what is going to occur. What is going to happen is not a joke. It will be an event that will be one of the most destructive in world history. And I believe it will happen sometime within the next 30 years or less.
Campbell34 I have never heard about prophecies in the Old Testament about America. But I have heard about prophecies for Israel.
Born again Jerry

Old 10-26-2008, 02:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times
I guess this is the tolerance liberals speak of that they have for religious belief.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,037,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
...They are enthusiastically following fantasy...
I can make the same claim about you...

Old 10-26-2008, 02:24 PM

322 posts, read 738,449 times
Quote:
I agree. It might happen in the next thirty years. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen in that time frame. Please pray the saints can get out before it does.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:31 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,037,169 times
Quote:
Are you talking about the rapture, that Christians have been waiting for for 2000 years? Oh ya, YOUR lifetime is different than everyone else's in history...

Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,566,316 times
Campbell34, the link is illuminating and merits further prayerful search on my part.

I have found counterpoints to it relative to tense - as well as intent but I need to study if furthre - Some statements related to the interpretation and relative usage of the words differ than those you posted - some indicate the formation of the fetus into a recognizable human form was relevant. Some statement about old Talmudic reference to the first 40 days the fetus is "water", not human.

I will promise a prayerful personal study of this topic; fortunately not one that I or anyone in my immediate family has had to deal with. My own daughter became pregnant outside of marriage, but they chose to marry and are now in their 7th year with two delightful children. But I still think it to be a complex [not black and white issue]

The fact that abortion was common in bilbilical times and not directly addressed in a more forceful direct manner though leaves this, in my mind, somewhat of a gray area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity