U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
 
3,627 posts, read 12,445,646 times
Reputation: 2682

Advertisements

Well I figured the religious right could "get over" the divorce and extramarital because he can say he sinned, has repented and is forgiven, but how are they getting over his not being "born again" nor being Baptized after he reached some age of reasoning?

I am not conisidered a Christian by fundamentalists because I was baptized as an infant, and have no plans to get "re" baptized as the Bible says "one Baptism" and I will not renounce my original baptism and I have not had some metaphysical "born again" moment.

McCain attends a baptist church with his wife but is not a member nor has he been baptized, other than as an infant. Therefore my logical assumption is to fundamentalist Christians McCain is not a Christian. Does that not bother them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
 
Location: in my house
1,385 posts, read 2,685,058 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

I am praying everyday that God judge America and bring justice to the millions that have been slaughtered. I pray that the economy crashes beyond any hope of recovering so that a revival can come about.
Ahhh....feel that christian love!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 AM
 
Location: in my house
1,385 posts, read 2,685,058 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why is that Democrats don't promote using birth control.
Woah! Where are you getting this?
If anything it's the conservative and fundamentalist types who don't want birth control; they promote abstinence only and letting gawd decide who will have children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,072,782 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why is that Democrats don't promote finding jobs and using birth control.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are they really helping or are they making the poor dependent on them.
So you are a good judge of what the poor need then right?

something about "What you do for the least of these..." comes to mind.

I don't remember it being "What you do for the least of these.. as long as they get a jobby job!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The way the rest of our nation is going, we are all going to be dependent on the government.
I'm sure your knee jerk reaction rings true to you. It doesn't make any sense... but everyone has their own opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I find it ridiculous, the way on this thread and others people are for "Womens Rights to Choose".
How so? Why do you find it ridiculous? My view is less about a "Womans Right to Choose". My view is slightly broader. My beliefs shouldn't trample on the rights of others (whether they be men or women). I'm an equal opportunity non discrimnator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do any of you know what goes on inside an abortion clinic.
My guess is abortions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Try visiting one!! Do you realize the emotional toll it takes on SOME women, women die in these places. They are cold and no comfort and NO SUPPORT when you leave.
So since its emotional and as you say "they provide no comfort or support" in your opinon we should just outlaw them.

Should we outlaw cars that provide no comfort or support?

What if my TV doesn't provide comfort or support? Should we ban those too?

What about those minute clinics. I don't feel very comforted and supported when I leave there.. should we ban those too?

This is a free market (to some extent). If one clinic is less supportive than it needs to be another competitor will move into the market if that support is of value to consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If your going to fight for "Women's Rights", then fight for the use of BIRTH CONTROL and stop the Planned Parenthood from making money off of killing babies.
I didn't realize women had to fight today for the use of Birth Control. In fact health plans HAVE to allow for birth control meds (regardless of the employers religious affiliation). That was a big deal once.. its not now.

As to Planned Parenthood.. Fortunately we dont' live in a socialist country. Goods and services cost money. Sorry.. they just do. Our healthcare system is private.. companies make money off disease. Big Pharma, Insurance companies.. and every now and then a hospital turns a profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,690,305 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Well I figured the religious right could "get over" the divorce and extramarital because he can say he sinned, has repented and is forgiven, but how are they getting over his not being "born again" nor being Baptized after he reached some age of reasoning?

I am not conisidered a Christian by fundamentalists because I was baptized as an infant, and have no plans to get "re" baptized as the Bible says "one Baptism" and I will not renounce my original baptism and I have not had some metaphysical "born again" moment.

McCain attends a baptist church with his wife but is not a member nor has he been baptized, other than as an infant. Therefore my logical assumption is to fundamentalist Christians McCain is not a Christian. Does that not bother them?
Both McCain and his running mate are 100% pro life. Obama and his running mate are 100% pro death. And that is why Obama supports Abortion on every level. Christian could care less if McCain was baptized. Christians do care if the next president values the life of the unborn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
 
272 posts, read 431,426 times
Reputation: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am praying everyday that God judge America and bring justice to the millions that have been slaughtered. I pray that the economy crashes beyond any hope of recovering so that a revival can come about.
If God felt so passionate about the topic of abortion, he would have been very specific about it. No scripture twisting can justify this. The Bible was very specific about sex, but also felt the need to include all the homosexual rhetoric. Why not be very specific about abortion? God should have known in advance that people would be "confused" about the issue, especially when it comes to murdering cells. After all this would have saved "millions" of babies/cells each year.

On a serious note, why not pray for something positive instead of such destruction and hatred. Why do fundamentalist always go this route? Why not pray that people will come to see god's love and seek god's word? Why take the whole country down, which include many of your "brothers and sisters in Christ". Odd logic. I'm glad most Christian I know don't think like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 14,646,596 times
Reputation: 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobarbie View Post
If God felt so passionate about the topic of abortion, he would have been very specific about it. No scripture twisting can justify this. The Bible was very specific about sex, but also felt the need to include all the homosexual rhetoric. Why not be very specific about abortion? God should have known in advance that people would be "confused" about the issue, especially when it comes to murdering cells. After all this would have saved "millions" of babies/cells each year.

On a serious note, why not pray for something positive instead of such destruction and hatred. Why do fundamentalist always go this route? Why not pray that people will come to see god's love and seek god's word? Why take the whole country down, which include many of your "brothers and sisters in Christ". Odd logic. I'm glad most Christian I know don't think like this.
While I believe abortion is wrong in all cases, the point can be made for very early term abortion when it still really is just a bunch of cells. However, Obama supports partial-birth abortions, and abortions on-demand for anybody who wants them, and penalties for doctors who refuse to perform the procedure.

If you have a strong stomach, follow the following link to see exactly what Obama supports and promotes.

WARNING: THIS SITE MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME

Abortion pictures, partial birth abortion photos, aborted babies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,313,679 times
Reputation: 17985
Well he lied the other night because he said that he would voted for a law against late term abortions now being perfromed. He also said that he would not votye against or require a judge to be pro abortion. But then I await proof.He did vote present in alate term abortion bill wehen in the Illonis senate tho, He adis he only has one issue with it;otherwsie would have voted for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Road Warrior
2,015 posts, read 4,909,575 times
Reputation: 797
"Unfortunately, it has been the Christian Right's blind support for President Bush in particular and the Republican Party in general that has precipitated a glaring and perhaps fatal defect: the Christian Right cannot, or will not, honestly face the real danger confronting these United States .... On the whole, they fail to understand the issues that are critical to our nation's—and their own—survival .... Sadly, this is what the Christian Right just doesn't get: ninety percent of the time, it doesn't matter to a tinker's dam whether a Republican or Democrat wins the White House .... All the pro-life, pro-family, traditional-values, conservative talk is just that: talk. Republicans use conservative rhetoric the same way Democrats use liberal rhetoric. Neither party believes what they are telling their constituents. They merely say what constituents want to hear in order to get elected; after which, they set about to do what their elitist, globalist manipulators tell them to do."

Rev. Chuck Baldwin - Constitutionalist Candidate for President 2008 (endorsed by Dr. Ron Paul)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
 
3,627 posts, read 12,445,646 times
Reputation: 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
"Unfortunately, it has been the Christian Right's blind support for President Bush in particular and the Republican Party in general that has precipitated a glaring and perhaps fatal defect: the Christian Right cannot, or will not, honestly face the real danger confronting these United States .... On the whole, they fail to understand the issues that are critical to our nation's—and their own—survival .... Sadly, this is what the Christian Right just doesn't get: ninety percent of the time, it doesn't matter to a tinker's dam whether a Republican or Democrat wins the White House .... All the pro-life, pro-family, traditional-values, conservative talk is just that: talk. Republicans use conservative rhetoric the same way Democrats use liberal rhetoric. Neither party believes what they are telling their constituents. They merely say what constituents want to hear in order to get elected; after which, they set about to do what their elitist, globalist manipulators tell them to do."

Rev. Chuck Baldwin - Constitutionalist Candidate for President 2008 (endorsed by Dr. Ron Paul)
You know you are right - absolutely right. And you know what else - democrats and republicans are all really not that different either. ..... Too bad Ron Paul never got any press. Neither has Cynthia McKinney. or Bob Barr. I don't know about the Rev. Baldwin. there are different ideas out there NOT sponsored by big business $$$$$$ that is what all this is really about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top