Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:13 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times

Advertisements

This argument has a long time to play out.
Assuming that this law takes affect, what about the health care proffessionals who claim a moral right, and refuse to participate in what they believe to be murder ( assuming for arguments sake that the mothers health is not at risk ).
Will then these same proffessionals be excused from offering care to a serial murderer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 02:10 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Judgement will come...on both him, and our country...IMO...

Bud
I agree, I am surprised we have made it this long. If judgment doesn't soon come to America, God owes an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I pray as Abraham did for Sodom and Gomorrah that He spare America because there are still some righteous people here. However, I believe God has every right and every reason to wipe this country out of existence, if only economically. In 50 years, we went from a God-fearing nation that respected life and dignity to the most vile, wicked, abominable, God-hating nation since ancient Sodom.

Our wealth and prosperity is the reason. Things became so good in America we decided we don't need God anymore. With God out, all kinds of things that were unimaginable in 1950 are now practiced out in the open and celebrated. Few nations have been able to handle the kind of blessings America received after World War II without falling victim to this very thing.
Notice how the country went "to hell in a handbasket" under a president hand picked by Christian extremists.

Ask a black person, Mexican, or any other minority who's old enough to remember how great the '50s was for them and I suspect you'd not find such a rosy picture. Racism and homophobia were the norm while child abuse was swept under the rug.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:12 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
How did it go to "to hell in a handbasket"

I hope you're not speaking about the economy as that's a different story, and we both know who signed the deregulation act....and whose cronies was working in Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.

BTW - Christians observe moral behavior more than the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Notice how the country went "to hell in a handbasket" under a president hand picked by Christian extremists.

Ask a black person, Mexican, or any other minority who's old enough to remember how great the '50s was for them and I suspect you'd not find such a rosy picture. Racism and homophobia were the norm while child abuse was swept under the rug.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
How can a country escape the wrath of God, that kills millions of it's own young? Do we think He's going to just turn His face, and look the other way, while we continue this evil practice?

Obama said he'd make signing FOCA his first act? What kind of person makes "ok-ing" abortion the highest, first-thing-to-do priority?

Judgement will come...on both him, and our country...IMO...

Bud
Considering over half of fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted, wouldn't that mean God kills children every day? If you define it as a human being the second the sperm hits the egg, then that means God kills many, many humans. Does that concern you?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
Voting for Obama and very proud of it.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 AM

Who said God did it?

There are people who fall down stairs, get into a car accident, have extreme stress, etc..and their babies die. Are you now going to blame that on God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Considering over half of fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted, wouldn't that mean God kills children every day? If you define it as a human being the second the sperm hits the egg, then that means God kills many, many humans. Does that concern you?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,452,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I dont know how you compare 1.3 million dead babies per year to about 6-7k dead American soldiers for the entire war.
Hey wait a minute! And what about all the thousands of casualties of the latest wars who are not Amenican soldiers? or perhaps they are not human beings or their lives have not the same value?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:42 PM

What is that number and is that even close to 1.3 million per year?

War has been going on for about 5 years.
I can tell you that not even 1 million have died in this war....probably more like 100k or less.

100k compared to 6.5 million?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
Hey wait a minute! And what about all the thousands of casualties of the latest wars who are not Amenican soldiers? or perhaps they are not human beings or their lives have not the same value?

Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
What is that number and is that even close to 1.3 million per year?

War has been going on for about 5 years.
I can tell you that not even 1 million have died in this war....probably more like 100k or less.

100k compared to 6.5 million?
Some estimates have the civilian estimate over 1 million.

ORB survey of Iraq War casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity