Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times

Advertisements

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

Jesus is the exact image or representation of the Father' nature. (Colossians 1, Hebrews 1) What is an image or a representation? The fulness of God dwells in Him and when we look at Jesus, we "see" the invisible God, the Father, the Supreme Being. But Jesus is subject to the Father and always points to the Father.

Quote:
Which means Jesus is not the absolute highest power or the supreme being?
1 Corinthians 15

The Son will deliver the kingdom up to the God and Father
He will reign until He puts all enemies under His feet
The One who put all things in subjection to the Son is not subjected to the Son

"When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him..."

I see here that God the Father is supreme and that the Son is subordinate to Him. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-28-2008 at 09:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
thats a no brainer, the issue is my worthiness to be a discipline. im no angel. in fact i gota esbestos suit in layaway right now.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Which means Jesus is not the absolute highest power or the supreme being?
According to the modern day church probably. But not according to the bible.
"...I am going to the Father, for the Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

"Nor Jesus said to him, Why are you terming Me good? No one is good except ONE, GOD" (Mark 10:18).

"Now I want you to be aware that the Head of every man is Christ, yet the head of the woman is the man, yet the Head of Christ IS GOD" (I Cor. 11:3).

Do you believe the bible when it says this or do you believe the church?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Logic, when seeing the different posters here, you have to realize that some are members of the Christian sects or cults that deny the Trinity of the Godhead, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This is what separates the major Christian groups from these sects, namely Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and Christian Science. There are others, but these are the most common ones. They all proclaim some reverence and devotion to Jesus but are adamant that Jesus is only a son, a minor god or secondary god but not equal and one with God.

While Catholics and Protestants and Orthodoxy have much to disagree about, they are all united in a doctrine of the Trinity.
I don`t belong to any of the organized religions you stated above. Including the modern day organized religious sects such as catholicism..protestism..or any of the other ism`s. I use to for over 40 yrs. I grew up in the church and am well versed on the arguments for all of the church`s heresy. But as I grew and studied, God began to open my eyes to a lot of the heretical teaching of the church. It didn`t make a whole lot of sense. He is supposed to be a God of truth but even organized religion can`t agree on what is truth. I know I know...."we believe in the essentials ".... hogwash. Speaking in tongues is either real or it isn`t. Baptism is either essential or it isn`t.
You are either born again or you are not (osas). Praying to Mary is either biblical or it isn`t. You either go to heaven right away when you die or you don`t. Hell is either a place with literal burning flames or it isn`t. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. The religious sects or organized religions of today claim to have the handle on the truth but I wonder what truth they`re talking about. Cause their motto is..if you don`t believe exactly like my cult or sect...insert any of the modern day denominations here...you will burn forever! I guess it depends which organized religious building or gathering you walk in to. I would rather read the bible and pray for understanding then get a schooled preacher or my church to explain to me.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

Jesus is the exact image or representation of the Father' nature. (Colossians 1, Hebrews 1) What is an image or a representation? The fulness of God dwells in Him and when we look at Jesus, we "see" the invisible God, the Father, the Supreme Being. But Jesus is subject to the Father and always points to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15

The Son will deliver the kingdom up to the God and Father
He will reign until He puts all enemies under His feet
The One who put all things in subjection to the Son is not subjected to the Son

"When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him..."

I see here that God the Father is supreme and that the Son is subordinate to Him. God bless.
nothing speaks louder than scripture shana...

Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,688 times
Default the Piscean dispensation that raised Jesus up to the status of a God is over

Worshiping Jesus will not help you gain self mastery.. Only oneness with God, your own Presence, will help you. Jesus should be viewed as an Ascended Being, Guide, Brother on the Path, Guru, etc., and not as a deity to worship.

http://www.saintgermainfoundation.org/gfx/mpres.jpg (broken link)
THE MAGIC PRESENCE
Original painting by May DaCamara
©Saint Germain Press
http://www.saintgermainfoundation.org/gfx/blank.gif (broken link)

Fundamental to the understanding Saint Germain offers is this Chart of the "Mighty I AM Presence, ®an eye-picture of each one's own individualized God Self, which stands twelve to fifty feet above each human being.

http://www.saintgermainfoundation.org/gfx/blank.gif (broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Quick question for you guys to discuss until I can get back here:

Is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and Name Above All Names worthy of worship?

Should we, as Christian, worship Jesus Christ?

Why or why not?

God bless!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,652 times
Wow, this image reminds me of someone, or shall i say "something" else well known, which isn't religion based. The eyes, the lights... Hmmm... i'm wondering.

Sorry to disrupt this post, please go on...

Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Quick question for you guys to discuss until I can get back here:

Is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and Name Above All Names worthy of worship?

Should we, as Christian, worship Jesus Christ?

Why or why not?

God bless!

Yes, Jesus is worthy of our praise, not to say that Jesus is our God. What he has done for us alone is enough. If it was not for Jesus, then we would be lost. He died in our place, he was perfect, but took on our sin in his perfect and Holy body. He was beat and spit on for us. Now you know that if someone spits on us, well I will leave that alone. But, Jesus is so worthy. Nothing was made without him, and that includes us. He love us, and died for us, now what man would do that. Most men want even pay child support, let alone die. Now men if this does not apply to you, please don't get angry, but men if this does, just do better.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 01-28-2009 at 10:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity