Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times

Advertisements

"when I'm asked about the signs of the times I usually talk about the following seven categories, which i are just a fragment of all signs... (the increase of)

- human immorality
- modern technology
- supernatural, heavnely signs
- earth changing, devastating disasters
- preaching of the gospel and the times we are living in
- formation of the evil system (New world order)
- existence and the international condemnation of the State of Israel

The scriptures just couldn't be so clear and plain about these points.. what has been foretold is now coming to pass according to the perfect plan of our awesome GOD!"[/quote]

I hope and pray almost every night that God will come any time, because I want to be part of his coming, I want to experience this miracle. It can't come soon enough for me!

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 07-31-2011 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: Separated by quotes two postings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 06:34 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Default Was Charles Taze Russell a Mason?

Some simply may not know......including "those" who think they may be in the 'know'.

Snippet: An examination of some of the publications of Charles T. Russell, the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses, would indicate that he had ties with the Masons. He used Masonic symbols. The Watchtower drawing that graced early publications right up to a couple of decades ago was pure Masonic. Russell was buried under a cross and a crown, again Masonic. Other Masonic symbols were used frequently on his publications.

We keep getting speculative articles in our mail and e-mail indicating that Russell was a Mason. Missing is the proof--where are the records of his membership if he indeed was one? Over the past twenty-two years we have resisted jumping on the "Masonic Russell" bandwagon, awaiting something definite. Well, we feel we have finally found something which should settle the issue once and for all.

Entire article/pictures here: Was Russell a Mason?

Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetway777 View Post
False Bible teachers would bring in heresies, have many followers, and cause others to reject God's Word (2 Peter 2:1-2). It is very common today to find people who reject the Bible out of hand because they have heard it misrepresented by a false teacher.

Has happened all throughout history.

See:
-Can A Prophet Prophesy At Will?
-Benny Hinn exposed
-The Signs & Wonders Movement DVD
-The Danger of False Prophets (lamb and lion ministries)
-Nostradamus
-Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
-William Miller: The sincerely deceived prophet
-Joseph Smith: The Ego-maniacal prophet
-The Jehovah's Witnesses: False prophecy gone to seed

These false prophets would be money hungry, smooth talkers (2 Peter 2:3). A growing number of TV evangelists epitomize this. They twist the Scriptures, using misleading words, to make merchandise of you.

Happened in Peter's time (as is noted in the passage) and through out history.

See:
-That Little Grocery Money
-The Gospel of GREED
-The Hustler̢۪s of God TV
-Creflo Dollar$$$

The Christian gospel would be preached as a witness to all nations (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10; Revelation 14:6). Today, portions or all of the Bible have been translated into over 2,300 languages and dialects covering over 90% of the world's population.

Paul said it had already been so.

See:
-United Bible Societies (biblesociety.org)
-Wycliff Bible Translators
-God's Story

Global communications foreseen (Revelation 11:9-10; 17:8). The Bible prophesies that the entire world will see certain events unfold. The invention of the television and the deployment of global satellite networks during the 20th century allow news to travel the world at the speed of light for the first time ever. Remember that in the apostle John's day, news traveled at the speed of horseback.

You have been watching to much TBN and Jack Van Empie.

See:
-Communications Satellites: Making the Global Village Possible
-International GPS Service (igscb.jpl.nasa.gov)

Mankind would be capable of destroying all life (Matthew 24:21-22). Consider that when Jesus made this prophecy the armaments of His day were swords and spears. But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth.

See #4

See:
-Nuclear Weapons in the End Times: Does The Bible Predict A Nuclear Holocaust?
-Nuclear Weapons: Global Issues (arms control)
-Iran Could Produce Nuclear Bomb in 16 Days (bloomberg)
-World Condemns Iran for Enriching Uranium (times uk)
-Rice Defends US-India Nuclear Deal (aljazeera)
-Nuclear Warhead Stockpiles (atomicarchive.com)

The use of nuclear weapons anticipated (Zechariah 14:12). The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims just as God warned 2500 years ago. Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. This was unimaginable in Zechariah's day.

See #4 - no human weapon is mentioned - try a different interpretation.

See:
-Nuclear Proliferation: The Big Picture (koinonia house)
-What is a Neutron Bomb? (manuels web)

There would be a global cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3). Never has there been such a concerted, global effort to bring about peace at any cost as there is today.

Does not say 'Global' and furthermore your intepretation is wrong - the cry is when they say 'Peace and Safty' as if it is present and therefore the judgemment spoken of by God's people is overlooked - this is why the phrase is contrasted with 'then sudden destruction...' It is when they feel peace and safty is with them then judgemnet comes. Also, since when have people not sought peace and safty????

See:
-Possible Plan for Peace (understand the times)
-Ecumenical Movement (understand the times)
-Queen of Peace (understand the times)
-Global Country of World Peace
-Global PeaceWorks
-Center for Global Peace
-Global Peace Foundation

The Antichrist would use (false) peace to destroy many (Daniel 8:23-25). With all the problems facing mankind, multitudes are looking for a savior to usher in peace and prosperity without moral accountability. The Antichrist will promise the world and Israel such a peace if they follow him but his intentions will be sinister.

Multitudes of idiots always look for some to save them politically or personally - it never ends. Just look at the Long Legged Mack Daddy - Obama. Unless you actually know that the Antichrist is alive you point is irrelevent.

See:
-The Rise and Fall of the Antichrist

In the last days Israel would have a peace treaty in place that the Antichrist will confirm and eventually break (Daniel 9:27). Currently the world's governments are striving for an Israeli peace treaty.

I think you should do more research on different interpretations of that verse and it's context. The 'he' refers to the 'prince' and the 'prince' refers to the 'Messiah.' If you would like an article with this interpretation let me know. Verse 27 should be read in parallel fashion not chronologically with verse 26. Note: the 'people of the prince' are the Jews and their rejection of the Messiah is the means ([they] 'shall destroy') by which the city and the sanctuary were destroyed. Furthermore, your point can only be a possibliity if the Sanctuary existed - it does not.

See:
-Rice hopes to energize peace plan (jerusalem post)
-EU back peace plan (y net news)
-Assad: I want peace with Israel (haaretz.com)
-Rice urges ‘urgent and enduring’ Mideast peace (msnbc)
-Pope Benedict meets with Israeli president, renews call for peaceful coexistence with Palestinians -The Center for Middle East Peace & Economic Cooperation
-The Oslo Accords (the peace encyclopedia)
-The Peace Process is Dead, Long Live the Peace Process (mideastweb.org)
-Jordan Seen as Key to Solving the P.A. Problem: 3 Plans (arutz 7)
-Camp David: Bush, Jordanian King Continue Work on Mideast Peace (fox news)
-A Guide to the Mideast 'Road Map' (washington post)

Damascus would be destroyed (Isaiah 17:1, 14; Jeremiah 49:23-27; Amos 1:3-5; Zechariah 9:1-8). Damascus, Syria is increasingly in the news and is extremely anti-Semitic. Many terrorist organizations have their bases in Damascus. God declares that they will become a ruinous heap because they have violently taken what was not theirs.

Nice cherry picking - the time period is off by quit a bit. Notice specif kings mentioned in two of your references. Do you even study the context of these thing you pulled from someone else? There is nothing specific to today's Syria - Damascus is one of the oldest cities in the world. Anytime period could be fudged.

See:
-The Land of Israel: To whom does it belong?
-Olmert Warns Of Looming War With Syria
-Let̢۪s get serious about Syria
-As Syria prepares for war (jewish world review)
-Olmert: Prepare for war with Syria (the jerusalem post)
Nothing is unique to this period and you interpretations are wanting. I got tired of going through this mess - I will try and finish the others later. So far 10 failures and 91 more to go.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Nothing is unique to this period and you interpretations are wanting. I got tired of going through this mess - I will try and finish the others later. So far 10 failures and 91 more to go.
Why bother, those that believe this bunk are beyond the reach of reason, forever lost in the fantasy world of superstition and with the view that this world is so horrible and want it to end and put them out of their misery.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Why bother, those that believe this bunk are beyond the reach of reason, forever lost in the fantasy world of superstition and with the view that this world is so horrible and want it to end and put them out of their misery.
Unfortunately, you are right. One thing that kept me studying and learning how to study was my high regard for truth and not just a sense of 'that sounds ok' and then find material that supported the view of those in leadership positions. This is especially true of new believes since they usually have no reference point to evaluate these new doctrines they are exposed to, and most have no experience in critical thinking, and especially no experience in studying ancient texts. Most get used to a certain 'take' and the apologetics that suround it and then focus on just living their life in a christianized social setting with no further in depth studying of the issues. Very early on I heard contradictory 'takes' on verses and decided to learn to study for myself and figure out how certain people arrive at their conclusions. It was the primary reason why I took language and linguistics - in order to help me arrive at a more certain conclusion through a proper methodology and framework.

Long story short eschastology is not reconcilable with the present time period we live in - preterism fails and so does furturism - the only other option is that Christ was suspposed to return bodily with the physical kingdom ruling and reigning within the liftime or generation of the disciples - he did not. Sorry but until this is reconciled I cannot in good conscience take the Bible to be Inspired.

Prophecy is practically useless - it has multiple interpretations and varied contextual applications (many of them very good as well) - and yet it's primary use for us today is to create confidnece in the Divine nature of the text - I think it fails precisley becasuse it is so unprecise.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Please tell me one end time event that hasn't been happening since Jesus's time on earth?
this is an "ignorant request" to say the least!

not to mention that i have just given 7 groups of signs...

Ask the Lord God, and He will surely reveal it to you!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:34 AM

889 posts, read 825,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
this is an "ignorant request" to say the least!

not to mention that i have just given 7 groups of signs...

Ask the Lord God, and He will surely reveal it to you!
- human immorality - since forever
- modern technology - yea, this is totally evil. lol
- supernatural, heavnely signs - vague and meaningless.
- earth changing, devastating disasters - Has happened since the earth was formed.
- preaching of the gospel and the times we are living in - there have always been folks preaching and standing around waiting for the end of the world. They are all dead and the world lives on.
- formation of the evil system (New world order) - the world has gotten smaller. We are throwing Obama out in a just a short while. Not a problem.
- existence and the international condemnation of the State of Israel - Anti-semitism has been around as long as there have been Jews.

Your reasoning is flawed and you are just finding the conclusions you want to find. And I am ignorant?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
Deceptions, false witnesses, false gods and the signs to decieve the very elect.

The Return of Dagon (The Fish god) - YouTube

Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,396 times
You must be reborn of the Spirit to have eyes that can see; ears that can here; and actions that match God's will. Jesus said it will be a narrow road and most people unfortunately will deny Jesus and His word. They will put their faith in their riches and education and themselves...idolatry. The world screams creation. I choose to believe in the God of the Bible who sent His Son to die for my sins and left me with the Holy Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity