Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,332 times

Advertisements

Go to your personal collection of books and find that 1960 bound volume, not the CD copy, you can't trust the CD copy as it has been edited.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
there's a difference from protecting a 'life' then protecting a religion.

after reading that NOBODY should believe anything that comes out of a JW mouth. they will do anything to try to protect their religion

Stephen didn't lie when he came before the authority
He got stoned for it
And the biblical example of Rahab? Was she destroyed for her attempt to protect the two spies? And if a Christian appeared at your door in an attempt to escape certain death at the hands of the authorities BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH, you would turn them in? You wouldnt make an effort to hide them and try to save them? During Nazi occupation and during the henious genocide between the Hutu and the Tutsi, Witnesses continualy hid their brothers at the cost of their lives. I am proud to be a member of such loyalty to God and to each other. After all, 'by their love you will recognize them', right?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 AM

Protecting people from Nazi's and Hutus is one thing, lying to potential converts is another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
Oh ok, so now, suddenly, the Watchtower DID make incorrect statements. And here I thought it was just these evil anti-JW websites slandering their good name.
Sure they did. Never denied that. But at least RESEARCH the info you have to determine whether it was one of those statements AND if has ever been rectified. Most of the stuff on websites is taken out of context. Almost all of it, actually. Goodness,, even the scanned page you supplied-nothing in that article, if written by any other faith, would be objectionable. Only because the Witnesses wrote it-only then does it become 'wrong' to attempt to protect a fellow Christian from harm.

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
defending a religion is one thing
defending your life is another

what the JW is told is to lie to defend their religion not their lives

rahab's life was in danger not her religion

just like you wrote about 'knowing 4-5 orthodox jewish families' who told you about their bedroom habits

Please...

I know you're taught to lie to defend your religion

It's a shame

the truth comes out!

Now nobody can trust any Jehovah Witness to actually tell the truth about anything especially when the question may go against the Jehovah Witness teachings

Shaun's Research on the Jehovah's Witnesses (http://www.jwfiles.com/TheoWarStra.htm - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
And the biblical example of Rahab? Was she destroyed for her attempt to protect the two spies? And if a Christian appeared at your door in an attempt to escape certain death at the hands of the authorities BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH, you would turn them in? You wouldnt make an effort to hide them and try to save them? During Nazi occupation and during the henious genocide between the Hutu and the Tutsi, Witnesses continualy hid their brothers at the cost of their lives. I am proud to be a member of such loyalty to God and to each other. After all, 'by their love you will recognize them', right?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Protecting people from Nazi's and Hutus is one thing, lying to potential converts is another.

Where does it say in that article that we are to lie to potential converts please?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
defending a religion is one thing
defending your life is another

what the JW is told is to lie to defend their religion not their lives

rahab's life was in danger not her religion

just like you wrote about 'knowing 4-5 orthodox jewish families' who told you about their bedroom habits

Please...

I know you're taught to lie to defend your religion

It's a shame

the truth comes out!

Now nobody can trust any Jehovah Witness to actually tell the truth about anything especially when the question may go against the Jehovah Witness teachings

Shaun's Research on the Jehovah's Witnesses (http://www.jwfiles.com/TheoWarStra.htm - broken link)

Where in the article does it say we should lie to defend our religion...or indeed that we should ever be anything less than honest?

Instead, doesnt it say "Should circumstances require a Christian to take the witness stand and swear to tell the truth, then, if he speaks at all, he must utter the truth. When faced with the alternative of speaking and betraying his brothers or not speaking and being held in contempt of court, the mature Christian will put the welfare of his brothers ahead of his own, remembering Jesus’ words: “No one has greater love than this, that someone should surrender his [life] in behalf of his friends.”—Matt. 10:16; John 15:13."

I won't address your constant accusations about my honesty, renriq. Nothing I can say will convince you that I tell the truth on these boards. Only God knows whether I'm honest or deceitful and with that, I'm content.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
where it says that you're "protecting the interests of God's cause"

http://www.jwfiles.com/TheoWarStra.htm (broken link)

the first underlined portion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
Where does it say in that article that we are to lie to potential converts please?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
oh really?

"for the purpose of protecting the interests of God's cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God's enemies. ...This comes under the term 'war strategy.'" WT 1960 June 1 p. 352

This says it all right there, and what you are doing is war strategy AliceNevada, because anyone who would warn people about the JW's are considered God's enemies by your religion.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
where it says that you're "protecting the interests of God's cause"
When it comes to our brothers safety...please read the comment I quoted. Since the two sentences don't mesh, doesnt it show how context is key?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity