Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 12:30 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,164,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
No just because you slip doesnt mean you're in bondage.

If you continue to slip then you will or are in bondage.

Christ has set me free from past bondages of which i dont have problems with today.

I used to get drunk before...I dont get drunk anymore

I was set freed from that bondage.
As was I brother, praise His name!

I have been freed from many bondages of the past that I used to commit. But I still have a ways to go. This IS my bondage. Otherwise I would be free, to even walk into the bar, without that particular temptation.

Quote:
If you continue to slip then you will(be) or are in bondage.
Are any of us prefect? If not, then I stand on my previous posts, which means we have absolutely no right to judge another for their actions. I could see Jesus drawing that line in the dirt, and the thought scares the hell right out of me. It is why we ALL must be extremely careful how we, as Christians, carry ourselves when dealing with unbelievers, and even fellow believers.

While I would agree that expressed sin, out in the open, should be dealt with immediately, for the sake of the surrounding sanctity of our fellowship, those sins which are quiet, and in secret, only God knows. When a person comes to us with a secret sinful desire, our response should always be one, first of Love, then compassion, and then a response that only the Spirit could give. Let us, let the Spirit speak on behalf of God. If not, we should tie the tongue up. Otherwise we make ourselves out to be God, and Judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 12:33 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,610,370 times
If you were going on multiple threads telling people and defending the idea that there's nothing wrong with being 'drunk' then 'yes' I would write the same way to you also.

That is not judging/condemning unless you see me telling someone that they are condemned to hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
As was I brother, praise His name!

I have been freed from many bondages of the past that I used to commit. But I still have a ways to go. This IS my bondage. Otherwise I would be free, to even walk into the bar, without that particular temptation.

Are any of us prefect? If not, then I stand on my previous posts, which means we have absolutely no right to judge another for their actions. I could see Jesus drawing that line in the dirt, and the thought scares the hell right out of me. It is why we ALL must be extremely careful how we, as Christians, carry ourselves when dealing with unbelievers, and even fellow believers.

While I would agree that expressed sin, out in the open, should be dealt with immediately, for the sake of the surrounding sanctity of our fellowship, those sins which are quiet, and in secret, only God knows. When a person comes to us with a secret sinful desire, our response should always be one, first of Love, then compassion, and then a response that only the Spirit could give. Let us, let the Spirit speak on behalf of God. If not, we should tie the tongue up. Otherwise we make ourselves out to be God, and Judge.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:44 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,610,370 times
If God really believes it to be a sin?

How can a person repent if THEY dont recognize that it is a sin..and realize THEY are wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I asked God for forgiveness if God really believes it to be a sin.....Why would I want to enrage God? you know what I mean....I want to be on his good side.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
If you were going on multiple threads telling people and defending the idea that there's nothing wrong with being 'drunk' then 'yes' I would write the same way to you also.

That is not judging/condemning unless you see me telling someone that they are condemned to hell.
I would never tell a gay man he is going to hell for just being who he is. I most assuredly, am never going to tell a gay man that having sex with the same gender is anything but sin. So if anyone is looking for acceptence for that, they will be looking elsewhere, and they WILL find it. But not here, and not from me. There are very "liberal" churches that do condone this sort of behavior, no different than people with other sins looking for acceptance IN their sins. I am sure there are many professed Christians in the bars, getting drunk. I am sure there are many professed Christians, having premarital sex, and committing adultry, that find acceptance for what it is that they do.

But we are called to Love first and foremost. In that Love, there is acceptance, not for the sin, but rather the sinner. We should always be seeking the lost to join us on our own journey of repentance, towards perfection. There is strength in numbers. We should be there to help pick them up, no different than we would want them to pick us up, when we fall. See how this works? But if all we do is judge them, when they fall, then we might as well pick up stones and stone them. To God, it would seem no different. At least that is what I got out of the line in the sand.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I asked God for forgiveness if God really believes it to be a sin.....Why would I want to enrage God? you know what I mean....I want to be on his good side.
If you want to know if something is a sin, look in His Words,,the Bible. And it is there in plain written English. There is no being on the good side of God, by the way. There is no being on the bad side either. It is, what it is.

One day, you will find yourself standing in front of Him, and without the Blood of Jesus cleansing you of your repentant sin, "you will melt away like a candle standing in front of a blast furnace"Paul Washer saying).

It has nothing to do with His "good side", or "bad side". Sin, and evil can never be in the presence of God the Father. It is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:09 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,594,007 times
Quote:
I would never tell a gay man he is going to hell for just being who he is. I most assuredly, am never going to tell a gay man that having sex with the same gender is anything but sin. So if anyone is looking for acceptence for that, they will be looking elsewhere, and they WILL find it. But not here, and not from me. There are very "liberal" churches that do condone this sort of behavior, no different than people with other sins looking for acceptance IN their sins. I am sure there are many professed Christians in the bars, getting drunk. I am sure there are many professed Christians, having premarital sex, and committing adultry, that find acceptance for what it is that they do.

But we are called to Love first and foremost. In that Love, there is acceptance, not for the sin, but rather the sinner. We should always be seeking the lost to join us on our own journey of repentance, towards perfection. There is strength in numbers. We should be there to help pick them up, no different than we would want them to pick us up, when we fall. See how this works? But if all we do is judge them, when they fall, then we might as well pick up stones and stone them. To God, it would seem no different. At least that is what I got out of the line in the sand.
Law to the proud, grace to the humble.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:35 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,377,110 times
Quote:
Racists Christians will be the ones that go to hell.
There are two things that really, really bother me. 1. Christians that are racists, and 2. Christians that decide who is going to hell or not. And in that same breath they will say that they are not judging, but that God is and he will send them to hell. Sad, isn't it?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:48 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,121,727 times
Quote:
And in that same breath they will say that they are not judging, but that God is and he will send them to hell. Sad, isn't it?
The Bible does state in a few places the types of people who will not enter through the heavenly gates. It is our responsibility to let others know what the Word says about this and then let them decide for themselves the life they choose to live.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,028,792 times
Because the words of the scripture were twisted around by humans...so get over yourself.

I bet gluttons don't pray to God every night for overeating. I bet materialistic people don't pray to God for purchasing nice clothing and video games...please.

Quote:
If God really believes it to be a sin?

How can a person repent if THEY dont recognize that it is a sin..and realize THEY are wrong?

Old 11-30-2008, 07:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,028,792 times
Didn't I already say I was Christian and accepted Jesus into my heart. Why don't you stop harassing me? That is harassment and you'd better stop now.

Quote:
If you want to know if something is a sin, look in His Words,,the Bible. And it is there in plain written English. There is no being on the good side of God, by the way. There is no being on the bad side either. It is, what it is.

One day, you will find yourself standing in front of Him, and without the Blood of Jesus cleansing you of your repentant sin, "you will melt away like a candle standing in front of a blast furnace"Paul Washer saying).

It has nothing to do with His "good side", or "bad side". Sin, and evil can never be in the presence of God the Father. It is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity