Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:20 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
The Garden of Eden.

I would have chopped that dang tree down,,and burned it. Bye, bye temptations.
Unfortunately you and I and everyone else would'nt have been born then. History time and events would have played out entirely different. I think myself and others would have to stop you.

Kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 12:28 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
back to any time or scene described in the Bible, what event would you choose?

I would like to have been at the "last supper", at the table with Jesus and the disciples...

Bud
Actually I use to think about this seriously about how exciting it would be. However, considering we are so close to the end of this man made self-rule experiment, I think I'd rather keep my front row seat and see how it all ends. I'd rather be on the other side of Armageddon and ask questions of those ressurected about events of their past history, rather than prolong living life in this world.

Besides, I'd probably step on some butterfly and change the course of world history with catastrophic consequences for mankind.

Okay, so I've seen a few Si-Fi flicks in my time here.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
It's the emotional play that I would love to gaze into, like the struggles of Abraham as he believed God in the face of all, or to sit around the campfire as Job scratched his sores while he and his "buddies" attempted to measure the depth of the Ancient One.

Did Gomer know the depth of Hosea's love?

Did Daniel help a lion with its flea problem?

The roller coaster ride of Solomon's life.

And as if it were possible, what did John the Revelator see when he penned this?

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (Rev 5:6)

Old 12-09-2008, 03:01 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
I would go back and follow Jesus and record what I here and see. Of course I would learn Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic first so I could understand them.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:03 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Interesting topic. If I could time-travel, I would go back and try to prevent the burning of the Library of Alexandria. Imagine what we lost there?

Old 12-10-2008, 02:06 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
I wouldn't last a day If I was sent back to those days.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I wouldn't last a day If I was sent back to those days.
I don't think any of us would - if I was running like David had to, or faced the battle like so many, I would've been screaming, "Where's my ipod??!!"

Maybe that would stop my attackers...

Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I don't think any of us would - if I was running like David had to, or faced the battle like so many, I would've been screaming, "Where's my ipod??!!"

Maybe that would stop my attackers...
If I was going onto the battle field, I'd want a Kevlar Gatorskin lined invisibility suite and protective helmet (like Preditor).

Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
If I was going onto the battle field, I'd want a Kevlar Gatorskin lined invisibility suite and protective helmet (like Preditor).
I'm sure some would see that in the Book of Revelation.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:52 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I'm sure some would see that in the Book of Revelation.
LOL
I think it's in Ephesians 6, but I didn't see nothing about invisibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity