Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a fair god would go thru america doing a butt kicking act you would not believe.
but he does not do that kind of work he delegates the one that does that work is called archangel michael we have not seen him in awhile but we will.
you mean like Waco, 911, Oaklahoma, Ruby Ridge........or was that the CIA....importing drugs, walking on the Founding document, or God's judgement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes, It is impossible to please God without faith. A JUST GOD would not give everyone faith, and a JUST GOD would not save everyone...because not everyone will KNOW His will...therefore everyone will not DO His will.
so some people are special.....I have to resist that thinking......we are all sinners, we are all loved by God....what was so special about Paul , killing Christians? got any scripture I should read........You know there are some protestant who lean my direction.......but I am just study-ing

Old 01-26-2009, 05:52 AM

381 posts, read 799,064 times
blue city,

Jesus said is John, "My peace I leave, my peace I give to you, not as the world giveth.."

Peace, a fruit of the spirit isn't enough? I find that odd?

what state of being are you striving to live in or under? we're saved by grace, not by deeds. lest we should boast.

Study equips us to live out our faith while letting the "refiner" , God, cleanse us of all impurities.

A contrite, humble heart, and one that believes in Jesus christ as the only son of God became flesh, is all we need to have to please God.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
A JUST GOD gives EVERYONE his will so they can choose to DO it or not with their free will. Jesus came for us ALL and especially to CALL the sinners. He is here within us ALL with the holy spirit in our consciousness (whether we know of him by name or not). Those who sin and do evil KNOW they are doing so. They just CHOOSE to do so.
I Agree God is the author or free will, but our culture is the proponent of slavery. In this world , to day , right now, unspeakable things are done. Evil is confronted and defeated in my family when possible. This knowledge comes by the Spirit. Therefore my Faith is from and in God. There is a comunion of information.....like a tree gets instructions on how to be a tree and be healthy.....a person receives instruction....when we turn to Him He does, and gives and instructs.....in ways we don't understand. some time without words, like data to a computer.......He gives His Spirit and the Fruit of the spirit is LOVE , JOY ,PEACE.PATIENCE,KINDNESS,GOODNESS FAITH......MEEKNESS TEMPERANCE

Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
blue city,

Jesus said is John, "My peace I leave, my peace I give to you, not as the world giveth.."

what state of being are you striving to live in or under? we're saved by grace, not by deeds. lest we should boast.

Study equips us to live out our faith while letting the "refiner" , God, cleanse us of all impurities.

A contrite, humble heart, and one that believes in Jesus christ as the only son of God became flesh, is all we need to have to please God.
WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD........Bible says it, i believe it.....I study it,

Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
blue city,

I am saved by Grace, not luck, and a man still reaps what he sows. There are unknown factors for example: MY Peace is the Peace of God......beyond all understanding. If you find that odd......it is beyond odd....its unknowable it this world.....Even Faith as a grain of a mustardseed is extreemly odd

Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
IN john 3:16 we get the overiding message of what Jesus came to do, but many reject. look at the parable of the sower and the seed. Look at John 6 verses 35-71. "and many walked with him no more.

In james we see that double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

In 1 Thes,
we see that the word came with power.

IN romans we see that "faith comes by hearing the word of god

in Hebrews we read that the Word did not profit them, not being mixed with faith.

Jesus said wide is the path to detruction and many choose it, but narrow is way which leads to eternal life and there a few who find it.

Our God is a God of love, mercy, forgiveness and of judgment. he is merciful and yes you could call Him fair, but whose standard of fair?

The wages of sin is death ther bible teaches.

He is an omnipotent god and just like he knew who would betray him, He knew us before we were in our Mother's womb. Jesus said abide in me and I in you and you will bear much fruit.

he said, "come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. for my yoke is easy and my burden light.

Are you seeking God? do you want to know His love? It sounds like you doubt if you can approach the throne of grace. But the bible says you can. Jesus is our high priest in the order of Melchisedek and he is our advocate.

won't you confess your sins to Him right ow, and ask Him to be Lord and Savior of your life. i sense in my spirit you are struggling so I invite you right now to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.

I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, our savior to Him be all glory, honor and power, Amen.
Just because many walked away doesn't mean that it was over for those who walked . Who gets saved is up to God....He Came to save the world............when He created this globe ............It Is still not clear exactly how when and where it all took place...Gods final appeal for Mans allegiance is up to God. By the Scripture many things are said and hard to know.........One thing is Clear to me. Jesus was willing to cause a scene to to Get His Message out....in the temple with the money changers......God was willing to send Jesus to the cross to pay the price to redeem the world from sin. Today handling money is still a major problem for the Church and the USA Government and the banks. IS He turning over the System right now? 2. God was doing it His way, Sent His Son, with little regard for His Earthly body, He paid the price to get the Sweet Song of Salvation into every creed, culture and Land.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST View Post
Leon,

Were you there when Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence? I wasn't either. So at some level, there is a common ground we share about belief and faith. We're both Americans who enjoy our liberties provided by this nation...although we did not personally witness that bold move which established our liberty.

For Christians...this kind of faith in God, belief in the Bible, and obediently submitting ourselves to His authority that assures us we have been found pleasing to Him.

That's about the best attempt I can make to explain it in terms we both understand.
...the evidence is admissible in court.............and it is an acceptable way of reasoning........it is the preponderance of evidence.and there is more of it supporting the NEW TESTAMENT than many historical events , I am not that smart but thank God He was smart enough to get my attention. Some folks are too busy justifying the ideas of this current culture............but it want last forever, in fact life has a way of convincing every one

Old 01-29-2009, 04:38 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Hebrews 11:6 says, But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that he is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

So, no without faith you can't plese God, he says it in his word.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 PM
BST

451 posts, read 1,203,009 times
I've given this a great deal of meditation and asked God to reveal to me why some reject Him. And Hebrews 11:6 is the key...but you have to look at it from the atheist's perspective. All the atheist knows in his life is that it's impossible to please God!

Have you ever known a person who was impossible to please?...a parent, coach, teacher, spouse, in-law, boss, friend, or preacher? And your main reaction to that person was likely frustration, was it not? And after a long time, frustration turns to anger and bitterness.

The atheist, unbeliever, skeptic, lost person, seeker...call him whatever you'd like...is trapped in a seemingly never-ending cycle of frustration because he can never seem to make God happy! His lack of faith is the stumbling-block that keeps tripping him up.

So, rather than adding to the misery by continuing to remind him he's a doomed soul, offer to help him understand the good news. Pray for that person - that God would draw him homeward and increase his faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity