Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 PM

22 posts, read 31,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Was god good when he told Moses to kill all those innocent men, women and children if the neighboring tribe? You know, where Moses men kept the 32,000 virgins for their own pleasure.

Was god good then? How? Innocent children.
That's getting really old you know. Why don't you atheist and scoffers find something else to hold unto? You are talking about something you really have no clue about. The word of God is not something you can discern or judge with worldly wisdom. Anyone who calls himself an atheist and is reading the Bible from A-Z is just wasting his time, and all he would get out of it is 'condemnation and trying to figure out why,, what and so on.

How would you even understand God, His word or who HE IS when you have no relationship with Him? Its a different thing to read about someone, and its something entirely different to actually know the truth about who they are.

Most atheists only read the Bible in order to counter what we believe and to find things to hold unto against God. Guess what? To the pure, all things are pure, but to the one who reads the word of God with ill-intentions, God will let that fellow spew his worldly wisdom which is by the way foolish wisdom.

1 corinthian 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Unless you submit to Christ and humbly seek him, and He shows you who God really is, you will continue to run around asking why God did this, why He did that etc.

Last edited by mayy900; 10-25-2013 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,933,385 times
But can you answer the difficult question? It's not something I invented, it's something that's in the Bible. In context.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:24 PM

22 posts, read 31,615 times
If you need an answer, you will go to God and humbly seek Him. No one knows Him like He knows Himself. You can't be wiser or knowledgeable than the Creator of the Universe who is also the One who made us in His image.
The Lord says if these people would seek me, they will find me. He won't force anyone. God actually allow people to spew whatever they want. But if you would humbly seek Him, He is not far off at all.
That is all

Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,933,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayy900 View Post
If you need an answer, you will go to God and humbly seek Him. No one knows Him like He knows Himself. You can't be wiser or knowledgeable than the Creator of the Universe who is also the One who made us in His image.
The Lord says if these people would seek me, they will find me. He won't force anyone. God actually allow people to spew whatever they want. But if you would humbly seek Him, He is not far off at all.
That is all
Your answer is a deflection at best and avoidance at worst.

It IS written. In the Bible.

And it is a horror that is like the holocaust. Some people also justified that in the name God.

Who has heard the audible voice of God or an Angel???-uploadfromtaptalk1382762882505.jpg

Old 10-26-2013, 07:18 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayy900 View Post
That is all
Great post

You remind me of the words in Jeremiah 29:[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
I believe that Cornelius in Acts ch. 10 was an excellent example and his prayers came up as a memorial to God.
I believe that our God in His omniscience knows the heart of anyone on the face of this earth who is hungering and thirsting after righteousness and in His omnipotence makes it possible for that person to receive the Holy Ghost, which Peter said God gives as a gift to those who OBEY Him.
The weird things that frequently appear on these forums would be much more civil if we followed the guidelines which were suggested in the thread "Are denominations in keeping with God's will? - Part II":
[16] For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
[17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy [James 3:16-17.]

Old 11-13-2013, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,486 times
I asked am i blind or do i see and in a deep voice that echoed i heard i see

Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,486 times
I meant to say...you see

Old 11-15-2013, 04:05 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,325,453 times
Not sure, but there have been a few instances that have always stuck out in my mind.

First, there was a time my Sister when she was a child was chasing after our dog who got out of the fence. The dog ran across the street (which was very curvy) and when my sister was about to run across the street she swore she heard a voice say "don't go" It startled her and she froze, and at that moment a truck whipped around the curve. If she had taken a few steps she wouldn't have made it across the street, and this car wouldn't have had time to stop.

Then, a few weeks after my Grandfather died, I was 8, I had a dream that I got a phone call from him from heaven. He told me some stuff and I couldn't remember all that he said. I told my Mom about it the following morning, I told her that he was saying something about a present he'd left for my Grandma. That day my Grandma found out about a trust that he had set up for after he passed away. Now, on this one I have to say that part of me thinks this was just a strange coinceidence since honestly there wasn't anything too major that happened. In my dream he told me that he left her something, and that day she found out that he left it to her. Still....it's always been a nice thought to think that he reached out to me. (And yes, I understand this doesn't fall in with the voice of God or an angel, but I like sharing that one anyway)

The last one that I always found interesting, I used to live with two women (don't get any wrong ideas we were more Three's Company than anything else ) Anyway, one of them was a devout Christian, the other one was a Wiccan. The girl who was a Christian was always adamant that her religion was the right one, and that the other girl was crazy for having her beliefs. I was, and am, a Christian, but I've never believed that I had any right to judge someone else for their beliefs. The Christian girl would sit the Wiccan down and "preach" to her, meanwhile if the Wiccan tried to share any beliefs with her friend she would have none of it. I would enjoy sitting down with the Wiccan, since we had different backgrounds and beliefs and we just talked about our own faith.
After about 4-5 months of living together, one morning I woke up and the Wiccan girl was up and was cleaning the apartment, it was too early for her to be so wide awake. When I came out of my room she said "The craziest thing happened to me....I had a dream that I was up on some clouds and the sun appeared before me with a smile on its face. And it said 'Do you believe in God?' and without thinking I said 'yes, I do' and then the bottom of the cloud I was sitting on opened up and I felt like I was sliding back down through the clouds, then I woke up and felt this crazy warmth in my heart, like I never had before"
To be honest I fell out of touch with her, so I don't know how the rest of her journey went, but I know that she was starting a fellowship with God by the time we all went our separate ways.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:02 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,222,419 times
I think that if it is God's Voice that I am hearing that he is not a God of Love, but a Vengeful, Judgmental, Vindictive, Jealous, Narcissistic, Angry and a Violent God, who seems to enjoy Bullying Me almost constantly with horrid thoughts, and Nightmares. Otherwise I really am Not sure whether it is God's or not.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:57 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,934,471 times
My life is so filled with God's intervention ,I don't know where to start.
Some one with out God, can never know what we as believers know in a relationship.
Jesus said ,"blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled."
Often time people are looking through scriptures for excused rather than seeking God for direction.
Some have told me out right they are afraid of asking God any thing, that perhaps God may ask them something they don't want to do .
In that kind of Life, Jesus hasn't any Lordship.
Out side Jesus Lordship, is theology, empty philosophy.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to give His believers direction .
And that He does.
Be it driving from place to place or the destination and some times the person specifically I am to meet.
Laying hands on the sick and seeing recovery is noble , but doing it because you are told to is being Obedient.
There is a difference.
If there is some one to impress, it is God, not man.
If what you hear is conviction for sin , repent from that sin, and seek after God's forgiveness .
If one is being humble and seeking to obey God ,no doubt satan will seek to draw confusion with doubt and fear .
Satan will seek to distract you away from a closer walk with God people and things become levers and wedges.
The greater the battle, the more of a potential threat you are to the enemy.
Some folk invite trouble on them selves compromising with sin this opens the door to the enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity