Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 07:35 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,148,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Jesus is the pillar and foundation of the church--meaning the Body of Christ. If you want to debate the rest of your post, please start another thread or invite me to one that already discusses this topic.
I see no need to start another thread. You're the one that brought up the points I'm responding to in this thread.

As for my question, I actually got ahead of myself and typed the wrong word but I can't go back and edit it now. I meant to ask who was the pillar and foundation of truth. The answer to that question is: the church. But as for the foundation of the church, you were only half-right. The church was built on the foundation of the apostles, with Christ as the chief cornerstone.

BTW, I find it astonishing that you can't comment on the multitude of different interpretations held by thousands of different Protestant denominations. But I really have no interest in debating this anyway. I'm convinced of the validity and truth found in the Catholic/Orthodox churches.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:02 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I see no need to start another thread. You're the one that brought up the points I'm responding to in this thread.

As for my question, I actually got ahead of myself and typed the wrong word but I can't go back and edit it now. I meant to ask who was the pillar and foundation of truth. The answer to that question is: the church. But as for the foundation of the church, you were only half-right. The church was built on the foundation of the apostles, with Christ as the chief cornerstone.

BTW, I find it astonishing that you can't comment on the multitude of different interpretations held by thousands of different Protestant denominations. But I really have no interest in debating this anyway. I'm convinced of the validity and truth found in the Catholic/Orthodox churches.
Like I said, I'd be happy to discuss these points elsewhere.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Deception: Appearing to be on God's Side

In the days prior to Jesus Christ's return, familiar spirits (fallen angels) will not just mislead a few individuals; they will deceive the whole world into embracing a new system. Satan (whose name means adversary) will be the power behind the "coming one"-the great Antichrist. The origin of the Antichrist's religious system is clearly revealed by the apostle John in Revelation 17:5:

"And on her forehead a name was written: Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth."

Another word for Babylon in the Old Testament was Chaldea. The Chaldeans were renowned for their use of metaphysical arts. They began the first mystery schools. Daniel 4:7 says: "Then the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers came in." This Mystery Babylon, then, would be the original source or mother of what is now New Age metaphysics.

Thus, when the apostle John identifies the Antichrist's spiritual format, he is making reference to the city and the people that first spawned occultism in ancient times. All of the other mystery schools flowed out of Babylon, teaching essentially the same thing--the higher self. John saw it as one unbroken line throughout history culminating in the Antichrist's rule with hundreds of millions being given over to familiar spirits. Luke, who wrote the book of Acts, gave us an account of this activity as the first century believers were daily confronting spirits not of God:
Quote:
# The spirit was accurate to a high degree. Otherwise she would not have brought her masters "much gain."

# Deception often occurs when there is 99 percent truth and just 1 percent falsehood. It only takes a little leaven or white lie to leaven or taint the greater lump, which is truth.
More here: Deception: Appearing to be on God's Side - Rapture Ready

Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 PM

The following was transcribed from a television broadcast of a "roundtable

Quote:
In a time like this of tolerance, listen, false teaching will always cry intolerance. It will always say you are being divisive, you are being unloving, you are being ungracious, because it can only survive when it doesn't get scrutinized. So it cries against any intolerance. It cries against any examination, any scrutiny—just let's embrace each other; let's love each other; let's put all that behind us.

False doctrine cries the loudest about unity. Listen carefully when you hear the cry for unity, because it may be the cover of false doctrine encroaching. If ever we should follow 1 Thessalonians 5, and examine everything carefully, it's when somebody is crying unity, love, and acceptance.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
What is your barometer of judging who is speaking truth and who is not? Simply whether or not they agree with you? Is that your barometer for believing the Bible? Do you believe young children should be abused or slavery should be reinstated or we shouldn't eat crabs?

Whatever it is, this person's argument on scrutiny is flat out wrong. It's the complete opposite. What I speak of is an open book and I proclaim that you should hold it up to any dogma or tradition or belief you wish and see which works better. I have no need to protect it behind a simplistic "because the Bible tells me so" response to every question. I can assure you that it will hold up to both spiritual and scientific scrutiny when you simply ask the question, 'What works?'.

Which path actually ends abortion instead of just talking about it? Mine

Which path actually ends war instead of just talking about it? Mine.

Which path actually ends poverty instead of just talking about it? Herman's down at the bakery .... and mine.

Do you ever step back and listen to yourself? 'the cover of false doctrine encroaching" (meaning any that aren't your doctrine) is "when somebody is crying unity, love, and acceptance."

What he is saying is you should shout "divison, hatred, and rejection".

Carolina - This is a very sad, empty human being who must fill the void with a doctrine that reflects his emptiness. He is crying out for help through this rant and fights the ways to peace while proclaiming the Prince of Peace as his messiah. Understand that people come to this life to experience certain things so that they can someday exist in the glorious presence of God. Sometimes those things are homosexuality or abusing a spouse. But they came to experience that dichotomy from the perfect union with God and they must be granted that freedom so they can work beyond any desire for it.

The evidence is overwhelmingly against your worldview. Overwhelmingly.

If I reach Heaven and am scolded for following a path of Love and unity with all life and acceptance of all for the path they choose to walk during this life, then I will walk right out of there and dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight. I have no need for a hell of pearly gates pretending to call itself heaven. I might as well get the real deal.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
The origin of the Antichrist's religious system is clearly revealed by the apostle John in Revelation 17:5:

"And on her forehead a name was written: Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth."

Another word for Babylon in the Old Testament was Chaldea. The Chaldeans were renowned for their use of metaphysical arts. They began the first mystery schools. Daniel 4:7 says: "Then the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers came in." This Mystery Babylon, then, would be the original source or mother of what is now New Age metaphysics.
First . . NOTHING in Revelation CLEARLY reveals ANYTHING!! It is the most abstruse book in the bible. Second . . . the verbal semantics and terpsichory he uses to validate this "clarity" is a stretch . . to say the least. Then there is this gem:
Quote:
False doctrine cries the loudest about unity. Listen carefully when you hear the cry for unity, because it may be the cover of false doctrine encroaching. If ever we should follow 1 Thessalonians 5, and examine everything carefully, it's when somebody is crying unity, love, and acceptance.
My tolerance fails me at this utter stupidity and expression of ignorance and close-mindedness. Normally . . . I let morons continue to believe their moronic beliefs as long as it leads them to God and trying to be a better soul. But this garbage is intolerable . . to take the commands of Jesus "to be of one mind, love God and each other" . . . and twist THAT into the sign of false doctrine takes ignorance and heresy to a new level. Shame on him and on you, Carolina, for bringing it to this forum. Fundamentalism is destructive enough without this sort of sick twisting of the "fruits" rule.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My tolerance fails me at this utter stupidity and expression of ignorance and close-mindedness.
Well, all the links to 'rapture ready' is an indication of what spirit this is.

In Noah's day the wicked were 'raptured' away.

Salt and light has been changed to fear and lies.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
2nd coming is way over my head. but i have seen a huge change since i was born here,
they have gotten just plain evil and proud of it.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
I am not a religious fanatic. I am a born again believer in Christ who died for me so that I will not know death. To die in this body is to be with my Lord. But I will not experience the second death, which is eternal hell. Those who do not accept this free gift of salvation, will experience the second death indeed.

You cannot become "born again" until Divine Love fills your soul and you become At-One with God. You are not born again because then you would not be judgemental of other beliefs.

I am not better than you. I have merely found the truth in Christ Jesus. The foundation of my faith are the very words God inspired men to write. These are not words of man, but the Living Word of God.

If God "inspired" those words in the bible and told man to write them, you are going back on your belief in CHANNELING.

And how do YOU know this? Where do you find what God wants for you? Where is your moral and spiritual authority? Mine is in Scripture--God's breathed word. This Word is also Christ.

My teachings come from higher beings than anyone on earth. These being are At-One with GOd and these beings know truth more than anyone on earth could possible imagine.

Yes, we do have the free will to make a choice to live or die. Through Christ, we live; without him, we will surely die. The decision is ours, but eternal life is not automatic. You must accept the free gift of salvation which is in Christ Jesus according to God's sovereign plan found in Holy Scripture.

The free gift of salvation is God's Divine Love. Jesus taught this while He was on earth but we didn't know what it was because it was not available from the time Adam and Eve forfeited it until Jesus brought it back. He was the first human to acquire it through the workings of His soul longings to God. He prayed for it while He was in the womb, therefore born without sin. He became Divine and LIKE God so He was able to proclaim it and open the Celestial Heavens in which ANYONE can reside if they so wish. And the only way to get there is through praying for and receiveing Divine Love.

Again, I do not adhere to religion. I put my faith and trust in Jesus who I have a personal relationship with.

If you have a personal relationship with Jesus, then you admit you are a channeler. He is dead and lives in the Celestial Heavens. The only way you could talk to Him would be through channeling.

You are admitting that you saved yourself, when it is Christ who saves us not by our own works, but His.

I saved myself through Divine Love and it eradicates sin to those who possess it. I never said I was without sin, I only imply that Jesus cannot save from sin. That was not His mission. You can only be saved by God. Being saved does not mean confessing your sin. It means to overcome them, forgive yourself for the act and then not doing it again. Just because someone says your saved does not make it so.

This thread isn't about the authority of the Word. It is about CSM infiltrating Christianity. There are plenty of other threads to discuss being born again and the eternal consequences of not being saved by God's grace. I respectfully ask you take this conversation there.

We do not "infiltrate" christianity. It's you who only think we do because you are stuck on a book written and distorted by human beings. If God were to actually write that book, He would have to come down from the center of all of the universes, write it, then go back up. If He did that, you and everything in ever universe would cease to exist.

I agree with you here. However, not as you perceive it. There will indeed come a time when we will no longer need the Bible--and that time will be when Christ comes back and establishes His Kingdom. We will be living with the Word, so it will no longer be necessary to read these words, because the Word will consume our total being.

Jesus will only come back when we reach Heaven on earth BY OURSELVES. There is a teacher coming when the wars end and we know peace. I hope the people who believe that the bible is the word of God don't murder Him like they did Jesus.

So please tell me where you gained this knowledge? Was it one of the ungodly spirits that speak to you?

I don't deal with ungodly spirits because the Celestials and other beings won't allow them to infiltrate their teachings. And the evil ones don't go near the people who live in the light. I am well protected by my own Guardian Angels.

I absolutely live my life to the fullest because of the freedom I have in Christ.

I am not judging you or anyone else. I also did not invite you into this thread, which is about discussing the deception of CSM and its threat to Christianity. Ironically, you find it acceptable to believe we may all get to heaven through the same path, but it is not acceptable for me to believe there is ONLY one path.

I never said there is only one path. When you close the door to others beliefs, you only close the door to your own progression. There are millions of way to get to Heaven.

And yes, God does love all of us but he hates wicked sin. We would all die to sin if He did not sacrifice His only Son for us. Those who choose to believe in this sacrifice will be saved. This is my belief, this is what makes me a Christian. There are false teachings infiltrating the Body of Christ, and CSM is one of them. If your body is infected with illness, do you not do what is necessary to stop the spread of infection? How do you think Muslims if new teachings were being introduced in their mosques? They would likely decapitate the perpetrators. I am merely pointing out these false teachings in a peaceful manner. This thread is for Christians to gain a better understanding of these false doctrines. If you want to discuss what it means to be a Christian, please go to the appropriate thread.
If you think I teach false doctrines and you want to "gain a better understanding" of them, then you should listen to why we believe in them.
I will not now nor will I ever believe God would sacrifice any of His children WE murdered the one most beautiful, caring, compassionate and awesome teachers to have lived on earth. It's only up to us to see that it doesn't happen again.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:45 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Christ may have died for everyone's past, present, and future sins, but this is a gift that one must ask for. If you do not ask forgiveness of your sins while also confessing and repenting of these sins, then you have not gained forgiveness or salvation from God.

Jesus did not die for anyones sin. That was something people interpolated into the bible because they didn't know what His mission was. His mission was complete before he was brutaly murderd. Only God saves form sin and Jeus is not God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity