Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 PM

63,827 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
A christian mystic....that is an oxymoron isn't it?
No. It is a true Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 PM

783 posts, read 1,327,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. It is a true Christian.
It’s false Christianity that originated in the first century. It is rooted in Gnosticism, which is addressed in the epistle to the Galatians among other places.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
It’s false Christianity that originated in the first century. It is rooted in Gnosticism, which is addressed in the epistle to the Galatians among other places.
Gnosticism is a separate belief system the specific details of which are almost as whacked as Scientology or . . . sad to say, Fundamentalism.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Gnosticism is a separate belief system the specific details of which are almost as whacked as Scientology or . . . sad to say, Fundamentalism.
I would ask you to please point to Scripture that supports your Gnostic – “Mysticism” but I know you avoid Scripture at all cost and twist it when pressed, in an effort to stay true to the religion of Gnosticism.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
I would ask you to please point to Scripture that supports your Gnostic – “Mysticism” but I know you avoid Scripture at all cost and twist it when pressed, in an effort to stay true to the religion of Gnosticism.
Christian Mysticism is NOT Gnosticism. I do NOT avoid scriipture at all cost . . . my posts contain plenty of appropriate scripture interpreted correctly. Perhaps you mistake me for someone else . . . you seem to be an infrequent poster. Virtually ALL the various religions, mythologies and scriptures were part of the source material I sifted through to find the identity of the ONE God of all life . . . whose TRUE characteristics are represented in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ . . . NOT in the barbarous descriptions of the many primitive and savage versions of God . . . such as Jehovah (which were necessary to tame the barbarous carnal creatures that our ancestors were. OBEDIENCE is a major accomplishment to make wild animals into tame PETS . . . but not the end goal. You don't use the same methods with already tame animals . . . and certainly not with maturing CHILDREN.)

Jesus and God are one and the same and their consciousness is the Holy Spirit . . . which Jesus brought to humankind in His life and teachings . . . at great cost in suffering and death . . . to correct the earlier descriptions, to be reborn as Spirit and make that Holy Spirit available to us ALL. THIS is the "baptism" Jesus had to be baptised with for ALL of us. Our consciousness now has access to the Holy Spirit for guidance and prompting to righteousness . . . we call it our conscience. Our ability to respond to it grows as we mature in Christ.

This is why Paul says "to him who sees anything as unclean . . . it is unclean." The judgment is coming from an impeccable source . . . the Holy Spirit within. Christ is in us all . . . whether we BELIEVE Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one or that they are members of the Green Bay Packers. We either respond to the inner guidance provided using our free will . . . OR NOT. ALL humankind has a connection to God through Jesus whether they know it or not. Whatever BELIEFS they overlay that with can only either hinder or help their spiritual maturation, period. Belief is only relevant if it creates the proper "state of mind" in love of God and each other.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
It is true that there have always been two ditches available for those who trust in their own understanding, and are not experiencing the joyful, abundant relationship with God that comes about through faith and submission to Him and His Word.
My ditch is better than your ditch.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:02 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:

Old 03-13-2009, 10:42 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,274,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
My ditch is better than your ditch.
Well, I agree we need to all look at ourselves and make sure we're not in a ditch!

But do you think that ......
Quote:
a joyful, abundant relationship with God that comes about through faith and submission to Him and His Word
... is a ditch?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:56 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,343,664 times
If anyone is so inclined, this is a long read;
but interesting.
Disgarding the obvious voodoo characteristics of gnostism, it's subtle heresy almost succeeded corrupting many people.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Gnosticism

Old 03-13-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
If anyone is so inclined, this is a long read;
but interesting.
Disgarding the obvious voodoo characteristics of gnostism, it's subtle heresy almost succeeded corrupting many people.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Gnosticism
It still deceives. It is sometimes labeled “Christian Mysticism”, as evidenced by this thread. And it will continue to deceive until the end of the age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity