Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
http://web.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/tchester/iras/washington_post_mystery_object.html (broken link)

This was 1983..........Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered

Do your own research.

I did my own research and discovered what a false prophet Major Dames is. Consider these results gathered by Art Bell (easily accessible to anyone who wanted to check Dames out).

In December of 2002, Dames lamented that neither he nor other members of his team could not "see" anything beyond the summer of 2003! This statement implied that the world was to end sometime before the end of summer, 2003! Obviously, it didn't!

In March of 2003 he warned people to flee for protection because there would be a "pole shift" and "very violent storms" and "powerful weather fronts." Wow! That's something new under the sun, isn't it?

On January 1, 2005 Dames promised Art Bell that he would find a treasure of gold in California and show it to Art. For some reason, he never made it to Art's house! He also predicted a 9+ earthquake at the tip of New Guinea that would hit in March. There was an 8.7 earthquake--only it occurred 2,000 miles west of New Guinea. Also, in January of 2005, Dames pledged he could find Osama Bin Laden in 72 hours. I guess he never got a chance to get around to it!

In October 2004, Dames predicted that a "very large planet sized space body" would pass by the Earth (not a comet or an asteroid but a very large space body!). It was to align itself between the sun and the Earth and would completely shut down our "electric field." And there was no chance of missing it because people were to be able to see it coming--"three to six months in advance." This "very large planet sized space body" was to "wobble the Earth" and the oceans were to "slosh around." Really? As if that wasn't enough, Dames assured everyone that there would be almost consistent high winds of 200-300 miles per hour lasting for "weeks at time."

How did we all miss that?

Late in 2005 Japan was supposed to experience large earthquakes that would cause "damage to nuclear reactors." Did any of you read about that because I completely missed it? I'm not, of course, ruling out a cover up!

In July of 2004, Dames predicted that at the beginning of 2005 there would be the "Main killshot." Sorry, didn't happen!

In October of 2003 Dames boldly declared that the Sun "would go on a rampage." Oh, by the way, this was all to happen at the end of WWIII at which time also "the poles would shift 17 degrees." Was I in a coma or something? Did I miss WWIII? Where's my husband? Are my children all right? What year is it? I'm confused.

Not to outdo even himself, Dames predicted that by the end of 2004, people would no longer eat cattle because of Mad Cow disease and no babies would ever consume cow's milk again. I had a burger last night and my children had cereal for breakfast--with cow's milk!

On November 9, 2003, Dames continued to strike out, predicting that within "the next three weeks" large upheavals in the Sun would "actually destroy satellites and damage some power grids in North America." Was anybody here in North America in November of 2003? I was--and I missed it! I hate when that happens!

"A huge earthquake" was to strike Japan in the late Spring of 2005. Tokyo was not to suffer much damage but the "Monju fast breeder reactor" was to be destroyed "killing 17,000 people" and "between 200,000 and 400,000" were to die later. Well, since this did happen in Japan, perhaps I could have missed this one!

In September of 1998 Dames predicted his famous (or infamous) "killshot" from the Sun. It was to wipe out "all life on Earth not underground." This was to occur in 1999, "possibly April." I'm still here. Are you? But I wasn't underground!

This man should be ashamed of himself and stop his deceiving mouth. I wouldn't believe a word he says! (See Ed Dames on Art Bell Dec 20, 2002).

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 04:14 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Default Look up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself, juj!

Preterist

Birds of a feather............

Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
You said "don't get it twisted" lol, which is something Mobb Deep says...haha...sorry, just a lame joke I guess.

Anyway, my point was that yes, calamity is coming, but there is no hope for anyone who does not have Jesus. Where is that in your message? All these messages are spouting is doom and gloom, but we have hope in Christ if He lives within us. Just food for thought.
Mobb de who....? (Forget it! Have'nt the slightest....) "There is no hope in anyone who does not have Jesus"? Is that what YOU said? And You've wondered why YOU had'nt heard it in MY message?

You want to know why you did'nt hear it in my mesage? BECAUSE THAT"S NOT GOD'S MESSAGE!! There is HOPE!! Up until you've breathe your last breath, you have hope!! It's His mercies to bestow upon whomsoever He will!! Whomsoever, He will!! Not Betsey. I just happen to believe Him...........all of it! ALL OF IT!

Love, Betsey

Old 03-19-2009, 06:38 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,670,518 times
Quote:
Mobb de who....? (Forget it! Have'nt the slightest....) "There is no hope in anyone who does not have Jesus"? Is that what YOU said? And You've wondered why YOU had'nt heard it in MY message?

You want to know why you did'nt hear it in my mesage? BECAUSE THAT"S NOT GOD'S MESSAGE!! There is HOPE!! Up until you've breathe your last breath, you have hope!! It's His mercies to bestow upon whomsoever He will!! Whomsoever, He will!! Not Betsey. I just happen to believe Him...........all of it! ALL OF IT!

Love, Betsey
nevermind...

Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 PM

70 posts, read 114,178 times
I think most are missing the point. All things are pointing to an end as we know it. Natural disasters, Scientists opinions, Astrologists opinions, and Biblical facts. Thank goodness most of us believe in the Biblical one, which says God will come and deliver us. (and this is happening whether you believe in a 'secret rapture' or not)..........i don't)
The video here just shows another thing that could be threatening our existance on earth, another 'sign' that the end is near. Not the end by a meteor, but Jesus return. If you'd read Revelation on the end times, you'd see the signs.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignebula View Post
I think most are missing the point. All things are pointing to an end as we know it. Natural disasters, Scientists opinions, Astrologists opinions, and Biblical facts. Thank goodness most of us believe in the Biblical one, which says God will come and deliver us. (and this is happening whether you believe in a 'secret rapture' or not)..........i don't)
The video here just shows another thing that could be threatening our existance on earth, another 'sign' that the end is near. Not the end by a meteor, but Jesus return. If you'd read Revelation on the end times, you'd see the signs.
So we should go out and shoot ourselves to save time? I mean if it's really as dire as all that why wait around for flood and pestilence?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignebula View Post
Greetings bignebula: The Revelation is about the end times--the end times of Israel. And it also deals with those things John was shown which were to shortly take place. The time for fulfillment was then near.

The disasters you speak of were predicted in Jesus' Olivet Discourse (Mat. 24; Mark 13, Luke 21). They were to personally affect those disciples in that first century time! Nothing that happens today can be a sign of Jesus' return. He returned to those to whom He promised to return--those of the first century.

Read again Matthew 10:1-23; Matthew 16:27, 28; Matthew 24:1-34; Matthew 26:64 (and the parallel passages in Mark 13 and especially in Luke 21). The disasters of today may be similar to those Jesus predicted but they are not fulfillment of prophecy.

Preterist

Old 03-20-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Birds of a feather............
Hello, Betsey Lane. Do you have any substantive comments about my post? What do you make of Major Dames and his failed, unbiblical predictions? Should we listen to someone like him? Come fly with us!

Preterist

Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Hello, Betsey Lane. Do you have any substantive comments about my post? What do you make of Major Dames and his failed, unbiblical predictions? Should we listen to someone like him? Come fly with us!

Preterist
Yes, Preterist, I do have a substantive comment about your post, here it goes: first, NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR, NO ONE! Secondly, I'm sure you know that by now, then again, YOU DO preach that all things have been fulfilled already, so............ ???

Third, Major Dame along with plenty others simply issued a "heads up". Take it for what you want. Fourth, remember Noah of old? Not so looney after all was he? Should they have listened to someone like him? Or would you prefer us to listen to YOU?

"Come fly with us"..........you WISH!! Fulfill YOUR assignment, but I'll pass.

Betsey

Old 03-20-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So we should go out and shoot ourselves to save time? I mean if it's really as dire as all that why wait around for flood and pestilence?
May I ask a question? Do you have life insurance? Automobile insurance? Home insurance? For what purpose do you have all these insurances? Is it simply because you are required to have them? Or, you hope you never need them, but you want them in place if a disaster strikes?

Well, that's the "houses" of which I speak, both "spiritual" and "physical". Here's another way of putting it: Would'nt you rather have it and don't need it, rather than need it and don't have it?

It's all about believing is'nt it? Your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity