Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,285,154 times

Advertisements

Stand having done all but stand therefore..............
I agree with those that said if" you are in the will of God, trials swill come to test your faith
But no weapons that are formed against you shall be able to prosper if you are on an assignment
It may seem that way, but after you have been tried and found faithful and true to your call
You will prevail,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 AM

33 posts, read 106,711 times
Default Your words are a blessing

Everyone on this forum has truly blessed me with words of inspiration. I am blessed to know that God has called me and sent me into Nineveh. The fight isn't easy and I understand the price of the anointing isn't free. One must pay a price for God's anointing on his or her life. In other words you're going to have ups and downs in ministry. I believe that God has asigned all of us in the kingdom to cry against the wickedness in our world today. Now understanding what everyone is saying to me on this forum like Jonah mission was to cry angainst the sin and to warn Nineveh that destruction was coming upon them fir their sin, It's my task in the body of Christ to cried against the dysfunction and the lack of order in ministries that I see in my city. I want God to use me to bring revival to our city. Our city must understand it's One God, One Church, One community and One City. Our city must understand that we all must work together. All races and all people because we all belong to God. I thank God for all of you, your words have truly blessed me.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:12 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT2GOD View Post
I came from Philadelphia to North Carolina for ministry. I truly belived that God had called me to this area. It's a city of 50,000 people and it's alot of traditional churches in our city. Churches who don't support other churches and ministries. I find most of the church leaders (pastors) are trying to position themselves to be the King or Queen of our city. In other words the number one pastor. It's like it's a game to many pastors in our city. I been in inner city ministries in Philly and Baltimore, but this area is crazy. I'm saying all of this because I'm am not sure if this is my assignment. I plan to spend alot time with God over the next 40 days layng before God and seeking his face for directions.

Our church ministers to the total man, woman and child. We want to see people move ahead in life spiritually, personally and professionally. We have events and services that support single mothers, fathers, (We target single mothers and fathers) married couples, young adults and young people. We provide outreach programs for seniors and we seek to make sure that they get to the doctors and to the Walmart and etc. We provide workshops to help people with financial management, home buying and health. I'm out of the box. I believe that as a pastor I must managed my ministry as a professional and still be into the word of God. Now I do all of this with about 6 to 10 people and I'm asked how can you do all of this ministry work with a few people. I just say I'm doing God's work.

My ministry is not be receive in this city. A pastor at another service told me that the church leaders in my community can't receive me because I believe in doing ministry right and I am totally about helping people. See, I understand that ministry is not about me. I don't know if this is a test or did I listen to God. But I will say I'm going to ask God if this is not the place of my assignment then please send me where I should go. I won't move until God order my steps. I just want to be a blessing to people and to the city my ministry is apart of. Do anyone out there understand what I'm saying?
Brother, I understand how you feel. Alot of people make the mistake of trying to hear God's audible voice. The Lord does not care where you preach and teach. Jesus simply told his disciples: "The harvest is plentious, but the laborers are few". Are not "souls" "souls?" Whether you are in Great Britain or LA, God in his justice wants everyone to hear the gospel and if they reject it, God is still pleased with your faithfulness, will reward your faithfulness, and someone, somewhere will be saved if you preach the truth.

Arkansas, Iowa, California, Nevada, and many more states desperately could use your services. If your ministry is not working where your at leave, if you have the money. I have been saved 12 years, in ministry for 10 years. I had my own church for 6 years, no members. I was discouraged for awhile, acted out of character at times, but I'm back on track. Some have been truly saved from the words that Christ spoke through me. I am a prophet so I had to get use to being rejected even though I have a full understanding of scripture. Preach Christ brother, we love you, the Lord loves you, do not give up, continue the fight for these souls.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Remember all the answers already exist, therefore the questions are important.

I always start by asking myself :"so... why has God given me this problem"? God's plans are perfect and His clock keeps perfect time.

Blessings...

Old 04-21-2009, 02:05 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Remember all the answers already exist, therefore the questions are important.

I always start by asking myself :"so... why has God given me this problem"? God's plans are perfect and His clock keeps perfect time.

Blessings...
This brought something to mind that happened to me a few years back.

I had been pondering the FACT that there really are no coincidences. God is involved or uses everything.

I was walking out to my car and I dropped my keys and the thought went through my head 'Now God, what is the significance, if you're so great and so 'everywhere' in me dropping my keys?'

I got in the car thinking about that and thinking about God and His plans and His workings and it hit me:

Dropping my keys put my mind on God and had me contemplating the greatness and power of God for almost an hour.

So there it was, the significance was to keep my mind on Him.

I'll never forget that and I think back on it often.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:19 PM

33 posts, read 106,711 times
Over the course of the last year I have sought God for direction for ministry. At this time I believe that God is leading me to focus more on reaching the youth, young adults and those who have been rejected from the traditional church as I move forward building the ministry. I have truly been in prayer about reestablishing the ministry in the Charlotte Metro area. I believe that God can use our ministry in an urban center. All of my ministry experience have been in urban centers such as Baltimore, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Many issues face our urban area that I seek to be apart of. My desire is that God will use me to bring hope, deliverance, and restoration to those that are seeking God but don't feel comfortable in the traditional church. I have truly tried building a ministry in the rural areas in NC, however, I believe that the urban areas will be a much better place for the ministry that God has assigned me to. Our ministry the Greater New Destiny Worship Center is a ministry that is real, relevant, rational and revolutionary. We are called to impact and empower people lives. After visiting the Charlotte area, even with the large amount of churches we can still be effective in the community. I would like to hear from those that live in the Charlotte Metro Area. We are a teaching ministry that dress down, wear urban wear and our services are contemporary. Our God given goal is to change the way the world view the church.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:05 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times
Quote:
I came from Philadelphia to North Carolina for ministry. ?
Im not sure from your post what you are seeking?

You want to do volunteer work?

Anyone can find a place to fit themselves into service.
Just look around and get the word out that you are seeking to serve and chances are someone who has a need with find you.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:35 AM

478 posts, read 773,812 times
Quote:
I came from Philadelphia to North Carolina for ministry. I truly belived that God had called me to this area. It's a city of 50,000 people and it's alot of traditional churches in our city. Churches who don't support other churches and ministries. I find most of the church leaders (pastors) are trying to position themselves to be the King or Queen of our city. In other words the number one pastor. It's like it's a game to many pastors in our city. I been in inner city ministries in Philly and Baltimore, but this area is crazy. I'm saying all of this because I'm am not sure if this is my assignment. I plan to spend alot time with God over the next 40 days layng before God and seeking his face for directions.

Our church ministers to the total man, woman and child. We want to see people move ahead in life spiritually, personally and professionally. We have events and services that support single mothers, fathers, (We target single mothers and fathers) married couples, young adults and young people. We provide outreach programs for seniors and we seek to make sure that they get to the doctors and to the Walmart and etc. We provide workshops to help people with financial management, home buying and health. I'm out of the box. I believe that as a pastor I must managed my ministry as a professional and still be into the word of God. Now I do all of this with about 6 to 10 people and I'm asked how can you do all of this ministry work with a few people. I just say I'm doing God's work.

My ministry is not be receive in this city. A pastor at another service told me that the church leaders in my community can't receive me because I believe in doing ministry right and I am totally about helping people. See, I understand that ministry is not about me. I don't know if this is a test or did I listen to God. But I will say I'm going to ask God if this is not the place of my assignment then please send me where I should go. I won't move until God order my steps. I just want to be a blessing to people and to the city my ministry is apart of. Do anyone out there understand what I'm saying?
It sounds like you are exactly where you need to be, and doing exactly what you need to do! I think it is WONDERFUL that you have in mind the goals that you do for the people of your church/community rather than the needs of reaching heirarchy or some shallow "respect" among your local pastors. Please, don't be swayed to leave a place filled with people who will benefit from your kindness. When it comes time that you are no longer needed where you are- and you'll know when- that's the time to relocate and move on. At which time you can once again be the best in ministry but in a new town- and have a whole new set of "fellow" preachers be jealous of how cool you are!

Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I understand what you are saying.

But you are planted to change things. It may not happen quickly...you may not even be the one that sees it(Moses never entered the Promised Land, ya know?)

If you believe God sent you there and you were being obedient in going, absolutely continue to pray about it and seek God's face for your direction.

In the meantime, seek first the Kingdom and all these things will be added unto you.

I will add you and your ministry to my prayer list.

By the way, where are you in NC? I'm in NC too!
Where are you Alpha?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:

When my wife and I moved from Newport RI to Charleston SC we both believed it was God's leading , before we closed on our new home we stayed at my Mother in Law's in Aiken SC , while there for the weekend i went out the car and has i opened the car door i heard within me loud and clear the Lord say "I brought you down here" , which was strange has i believed already that He had.
The thing is , there is nothing my wife and I like about living down here apart from the warmer winters.If i had my way i would go back to Newport RI tomorrow , i believe we moved here for a purpose but i do not believe it was indefinitely and are we actively seeking to move back to Newport and if it's His will He will make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity