Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,871,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT2GOD View Post
I came from Philadelphia to North Carolina for ministry. I truly belived that God had called me to this area. It's a city of 50,000 people and it's alot of traditional churches in our city. Churches who don't support other churches and ministries. I find most of the church leaders (pastors) are trying to position themselves to be the King or Queen of our city. In other words the number one pastor. It's like it's a game to many pastors in our city. I been in inner city ministries in Philly and Baltimore, but this area is crazy. I'm saying all of this because I'm am not sure if this is my assignment. I plan to spend alot time with God over the next 40 days layng before God and seeking his face for directions.

Our church ministers to the total man, woman and child. We want to see people move ahead in life spiritually, personally and professionally. We have events and services that support single mothers, fathers, (We target single mothers and fathers) married couples, young adults and young people. We provide outreach programs for seniors and we seek to make sure that they get to the doctors and to the Walmart and etc. We provide workshops to help people with financial management, home buying and health. I'm out of the box. I believe that as a pastor I must managed my ministry as a professional and still be into the word of God. Now I do all of this with about 6 to 10 people and I'm asked how can you do all of this ministry work with a few people. I just say I'm doing God's work.

My ministry is not be receive in this city. A pastor at another service told me that the church leaders in my community can't receive me because I believe in doing ministry right and I am totally about helping people. See, I understand that ministry is not about me. I don't know if this is a test or did I listen to God. But I will say I'm going to ask God if this is not the place of my assignment then please send me where I should go. I won't move until God order my steps. I just want to be a blessing to people and to the city my ministry is apart of. Do anyone out there understand what I'm saying?
Luke 6:31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Matthew 5: 1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

For those pastors trying to make a name for themselves:

John 5: 31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

John 3:28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.

May the Lord help us all to be better witnesses of Him. Pass it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,906,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Where are you Alpha?
Charlotte

Old 12-19-2009, 07:40 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,846,589 times
Cool I am now a resident of Gaston just north of Roanoke Rapids.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:39 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,350,177 times
I am concerned about a lot of things I see churches doing. I mean certain behaviors of leadership that seem to be motivated by private agendas rather than advancing the Kingdom of God. I see pastors who do not have a father's heart and ministers who are not practicing the love of God and it is disturbing. I think we are living in the days when every man is doing according to what he or she thinks is right and that's all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity