Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 05:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
There was a movie back in 1991 that accidently shows in a very interesting way what Hell is like for the fallen Angels...except that is not what the movie was made to show.

The movie is called "Defending Your Life"
I used to explain to people something similar to what it is i think your are saying, that is before i Stumbled upon the teachings of apocatastasis and universal reconciliation.

I told people that eternal damnation was like existing in nothingness(at the time it never occurred to me th contradictory idea i had been imagining), with all the desires of the being, but nothing to satiate those desires. The burning fire of their unquenchable desires would torment them forever. I also had built something of a cosmogenesis theological model around the idea that put forth the unending suffering of the damned was the impulse which brought God to create life to begin with. I understood then that the damned were not really human at all but were wandering stars, empty vessels possessed of demons. The thing is i still believe some of these things but have come to understand even the fallen angels will be reconciled to God ...

Colossians 1:20
"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."

Philippians 2:10 (King James Version)
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"

... in order that ...

1 Corinthians 15:24-28
"24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him. In order that God may be all in all."

God could not be all and in all if there is someone that he is not with or in. God cannot be all in all if he has not subjected ALL THINGS to Christ. That is all things, and all people will worship him to the Glory of the father.

Philippians 2:11
"And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Only then can God be all in all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM

192 posts, read 215,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So if its what I "wanted", then it won't be torment, right? Because I don't want to be tormented. But you say its what I "wanted", so I won't be tormented. Okay!.
You got it...sort of. Have you ever heard the phrase be careful what you wish for?

Quote:
Um....."hell" is not discipline. Discipline seeks to improve; hell is just sick vengeance. Why do you say hell is discipline?
Sometimes discipline comes in the form of a closed door. Lesson learned. That doesn't mean you always get another chance.

Quote:
If he's anything like Christians describe him as, his absence would be a joy. !
Genuine Christians would give you a much brighter perspective on what God is like. Jesus Christ came to be a living example of what the Father is like.

John 10:31-32 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?"

Last edited by Just1Man; 06-08-2009 at 07:04 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well through the centuries not as only God been bringing back the light that was almost lost in the Dark ages ,but do you not know the best way to control a person is through fear ? . Do you also not know that the heart of man is desperately wicked and would certainly come up with such a doctrine of eternal torment ?
The best way to control a person is NOT through fear, although it may be the most common. The best way to control a person is though love, although you may have to alter your view of "control". Willing submission is much stronger than any threat of fear.

Last edited by Just1Man; 06-08-2009 at 07:00 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Willing submission ????? . It is God that worketh in me both to will and do of His good pleasure.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
My friend the Lord our God is omnipresent. In short, He is everywhere! If you think for a micro-burst there is such an aminal as "eternal separation" from God, you are most assuredly under a great delusion.
Does the omnipresence of God overrule His omnipotence? If He chose to recognize a place that is absent of His Spirit, could He? Surely, you wouldn't call Him delusional too.

Psalm 16:10 For you will not abandon my soul to sheol...

David describes Sheol as that place where God could abandon him. If God is there as you suggest, how could David be abandoned? Consider also the chasm described by Jesus when speaking of Lazarus.

Luke 16:23 "and in Hades, being in torment...
Luke 16:26 "...between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us."

Surely you wouldn't suggest Jesus is delusional too.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Willing submission ????? . It is God that worketh in me both to will and do of His good pleasure.
I don't hold the view that God has taken control of us against our will. Yes, it is God that worketh in us, but that only sets the stage. I still have to choose the path He sets before me.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Man View Post
I don't hold the view that God has taken control of us against our will. Yes, it is God that worketh in us, but that only sets the stage. I still have to choose the path He sets before me.
Well i thought he chose us ?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:15 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:

Psalm 139:
7 Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Hi, God does not abandon David's soul to Sheol, which is the death state, the grave, meaning that that He would not allow David to remain in the death state. He would rise again. God was even with him in this death state. God bless.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,348,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Man View Post
Does the omnipresence of God overrule His omnipotence?
Absolutely not! Our God is one, and none of His Being is at war with Himself.

Quote:
If He chose to recognize a place that is absent of His Spirit, could He? Surely, you wouldn't call Him delusional too.
Our God is the Source, the Guide and the Goal of all that is. There is absolutely no dimension of His Realm where He does not dwell!

Quote:
Psalm 16:10 For you will not abandon my soul to sheol...

David describes Sheol as that place where God could abandon him. If God is there as you suggest, how could David be abandoned?
I assure you neither the prophet/king David, nor the Christ was abandoned!

Quote:
Consider also the chasm described by Jesus when speaking of Lazarus.

Luke 16:23 "and in Hades, being in torment...
Luke 16:26 "...between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us."

Surely you wouldn't suggest Jesus is delusional too.
Let's take a brief look at Abraham's bosom shall we?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,348,104 times
Abraham's Bosom

HERE

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity