Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:34 AM

257 posts, read 443,894 times

Advertisements

As this is being written, the US and S. Korea appear to be on the verge of war with N. Korea. It's possible that the whole thing could simmer down, but it looks more likely that the war will start most any time.

OK, so if this war were contained only to Korea, then the 50 states would likely not suffer much in the way of direct hits. Of course the lose of life in Korea would be enormous. There could also be substantial US service personel casualties.

But in this senario, what would Russia and China do? What about the Iranians and the Cubans and the Venzualians. All these nations consider the US thier personal enimies.

Well I'm not sure exactly what would happen. But let's just say that the whole thing could escalate.

Look, regardless of how the current crisis ends, doesn't it seem that the noose is geting tighter and tighter around the US neck? We're already fighting two wars, with one more seemingly around the corner.

The US being Babylon, we the Church should work together to leave the country. The question is this. What are your ideals on how to go about leaving America. This is not a debate about who Babylon is. This is not a debate on wether or not there are any nice places to go to. This is simply a discussion on the scenario of leaveing America. If you don't want to leave, that's your buisness. But if you were to go, what are your ideals that could benifit Christians under such conditions?

Please keep sarcasim to a minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 02:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
I'm a Brit and if you are thinking of heading to Europe you are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire . A quick summary of Europe would be on the whole it rejects the Lord

Old 06-19-2009, 04:01 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,912 times
There is biblical precedent for fleeing one's country or hiding in time of trouble. Some of the people of Judah listened to the prophets and willingly went into captivity in Babylon. While in captivity, most of them yearned to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple, so no one can charge them with being unpatriotic. Rather, they were prudent and heeded the warnings.

Joseph and Mary fled to Egypt and returned to their homeland at a safer time. Jacob's family traveled to Egypt to avoid famine. Naomi's family left Bethlehem for Moab to avoid famine, and Naomi returned to Bethlehem with Ruth when the famine was over. Throughout the history of the world, people have become refugees in another land or hid within their own for various reasons.

Revelation 18 calls God's people to come out of Babylon the Great so they won't suffer what will befall her.

IF (big if) the U.S. is Babylon the Great, Christians would be prudent to ask themselves where (and when) they should go. Even if the U.S. isn't Babylon, current events certainly should make us reflect on a few hard truths.

Is there a safe haven in the world? I sincerely have my doubts. Isaiah 24:18 says that whoever flees from the noise of terror (report of disaster) shall fall into the pit, and he that climbs out of the pit will be caught in a snare. Like pcamps said, we might be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

My family and friends have pretty much agreed that unless God gives us exceedingly clear direction, we're going to stay put.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:20 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,347 times
I just have to say again...(I know some get tired of hearing it)
I had a dream...
Our times will get very hard..
We are to have faith
We will find great peace in God..
Many will lose faith..
But we are to help those in these times...both the faithful and the those who are lacking in faith...

okay..I know I've been repeating this same thing for the last few months..
but I've prayed...oh, so hard...
the dream hasn't changed..
people, if I hadn't had so many others that came true and if He hadn't showed me that His will is so, believe me, I wouldn't be saying the things I do. A year ago, you wouldn't have found me doing what I do...
or saying what I say...
but He has showed me that what He says is the truth.
Our answer is in prayer and our answer is in sticking together and "sticking" with God....for He will bring us peace.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:28 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
When we harbor negative thoughts, bad things can happen to us. If we walk with the light and do the will of God, nothing can harm you. It doesn't mean you have to believe in God, just "be". That is all He asks. If you start thinking that the bad will happen, it surely will. But if you keep the positives flowing, it can be turned around and nothing will happen. I have experiienced this in my life so I know it's true.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:43 AM

257 posts, read 443,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm a Brit and if you are thinking of heading to Europe you are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire . A quick summary of Europe would be on the whole it rejects the Lord
The truth is, about three weeks ago, I came very close to buying a ticket to London. One reason why I've not left yet is that once I do leave, there will be no turning back. I keep thnking about the Christian people here, knowing what a horrible situation they will face. They are my people, my family, and I even have three adult sons here and a daughter-n-law and a precious granddaughter. But,even so, I must obey the LORD as Lot. We all ought to obey Him. Maybe by leaving, I can scout out other places for them and then help them to relocate.

No, I don't expect the Europeans to meet me at the airport in choir robes, singing Amazing Grace, and inviting me over for brunch. But still Europe will proove to be safer than the US over time. And since my ansestors are from Europe and the family name British, it would be nice visiting with cousins and seeing the lands of my ansestors.

On another note---It seems ironic that the US government is building a wall along the southern border. I have seen this wall. It looked bigger than when I saw it on TV. They build it to keep illegle immigrants and drug trafficers out. How many Americans trying to leave the country one day, will be stoped by this wall?

Oh well, if I do go to Europe, do you have any suggestions for a succesfull stay?

Last edited by ForHimByHim; 06-19-2009 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: grammer

Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
As this is being written, the US and S. Korea appear to be on the verge of war with N. Korea. It's possible that the whole thing could simmer down, but it looks more likely that the war will start most any time.

OK, so if this war were contained only to Korea, then the 50 states would likely not suffer much in the way of direct hits. Of course the lose of life in Korea would be enormous. There could also be substantial US service personel casualties.

But in this senario, what would Russia and China do? What about the Iranians and the Cubans and the Venzualians. All these nations consider the US thier personal enimies.

Well I'm not sure exactly what would happen. But let's just say that the whole thing could escalate.

Look, regardless of how the current crisis ends, doesn't it seem that the noose is getting tighter and tighter around the US neck? We're already fighting two wars, with one more seemingly around the corner.

The US being Babylon, we the Church should work together to leave the country. The question is this. What are your ideals on how to go about leaving America. This is not a debate about who Babylon is. This is not a debate on whether or not there are any nice places to go to. This is simply a discussion on the scenario of leaving America. If you don't want to leave, that's your business. But if you were to go, what are your ideals that could benefit Christians under such conditions?

Please keep sarcasm to a minimum.

Yes, the noose is getting tighter.......as to where to flee? Is there really any "safer" place? Really? Who do you trust? Where do you go? Especially if you have elder ones to worry about and babies.

No, you prepare spiritually and yes physically, for the hard times ahead, not if, but WHEN! Stand your ground! Front and center! And do your Father's will!

Some say the rapture must happen first, me, I say: YES, ME, BETSEY
QUOTE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say: GET YOUR HOUSES in ORDER PEOPLE!

It's NOT the same day.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times

Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
I believe God has a purpose for each and everyone of us here on earth, the devil also has an agenda, be mindful to whom your allegiance lies. You will know where your suppose to be, and what you are suppose to be doing. For to whom much is given, much will be required!

Know your purpose, find your purpose.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
The truth is, about three weeks ago, I came very close to buying a ticket to London. One reason why I've not left yet is that once I do leave, there will be no turning back. I keep thnking about the Christian people here, knowing what a horrible situation they will face. They are my people, my family, and I even have three adult sons here and a daughter-n-law and a precious granddaughter. But,even so, I must obey the LORD as Lot. We all ought to obey Him. Maybe by leaving, I can scout out other places for them and then help them to relocate.

No, I don't expect the Europeans to meet me at the airport in choir robes, singing Amazing Grace, and inviting me over for brunch. But still Europe will proove to be safer than the US over time. And since my ansestors are from Europe and the family name British, it would be nice visiting with cousins and seeing the lands of my ansestors.

On another note---It seems ironic that the US government is building a wall along the southern border. I have seen this wall. It looked bigger than when I saw it on TV. They build it to keep illegle immigrants and drug trafficers out. How many Americans trying to leave the country one day, will be stoped by this wall?

Oh well, if I do go to Europe, do you have any suggestions for a succesfull stay?
Good luck to you , but i can tell you Europe is a much easier target than the States .The whole continent is over run with muslims , France dare not say a word in favor of Israel , because of its fear of the muslim reaction.
You think there are sleeper cells here in the States , Europe is full of them, and i can tell you for sure this is no prophecy its not even from the scriptures , but it's going to happen , the terrorists will bring Europe to its knees and isolate the US .
There have been far more terrorists attack in Britain and mainland Europe . I wonder why that is ? You are much safer here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity