Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:21 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,336,095 times

Advertisements

but Christ prayed for those who killed Him, who, if not they were the serpent's seed? yet He prayed for their forgiveness - how does this fit to your doctrine?

who do you think are the serpent seed, physical humans or something like aliens?

you build your doctrine on two if not a single verse.

Genesis 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Cain was the son of Adam and Eve, who are these ominous children of the devil?

your doctrine would only work, if the bible would speak of children not born from Eve, but all human beings are descents of Adam and Eve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,346 times
Quote:
but Christ prayed for those who killed Him, who, if not they were the serpent's seed?
Some of His elect before conversion, were responsible for His death..He only prayed for those who were elected..

There is no forgiveness for the devil nor his seed..

Old 06-22-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Genesis 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Correct, and thats how the devils seed gets into the world..for cain was of the wicked one 1 jn 3:

12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

In the greek, was of that wicked one..the prep ek is used to highlight that he [cain] was out of that wicked one..which was satan..

We also have the definite article before evil or wicked one..so cain was out of the devil [his seed or offspring] even though his entrance into the world was through normal sexual relations of man and women..

and eve called him a man from the Lord..so its God who constitutes one as satans seed or offspring, He is in control of who is and whose not of that offspring..

Thats why paul says God makes some for destruction, vessels of wrath rom 9:

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath [satans seed or offspring] fitted to destruction

Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,336,095 times
I think I understood it now

but what about Romans 11:32-36

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things (= ta panta, the whole, the universe): to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:13 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,465,284 times
Help me.

I have been praying in faith for the salvation of someone near to me for many years.

I stand on God's words that he wants all to come to repentance. No, not all will.

I believe that he is looking for someone to "stand in the gap".

I believe in the power of prayer, of the believer. I believe nothing is impossible with God.

I believe not all will come to Him, but the prayers of the "faithful" will be answered.

The Holy Spriit, combined with God's living word, spoken out in faith, I believe will be mountains, be it addictions, the unsaved, etc.

Truly, I don't believe I have wasted time and have been ignorant to stand in faith as I do, especially for the person I am crying out for.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,465,284 times
I believe that the invitation is open, that Jesus came for sinners as well as righteous, I believe that prayer is powerful, and that is what Jesus taught, in my opinion.

If don't believe that even though my prayers have not been "visibly" answered, that I must continue to stand on God's word.

Just like the angel told Daniel, that it took Him almost a month to get to him because of the spritiaul warfare, that things are going on in a supernatural level, unseen to us.

I believe that not all will be saved, but it is Christ's desire that all come to him, and that he will be heartbroken for those that didn't.

I usually give up on a lot of stuff, diets, etc., but I have not given up with God, who hung the stars, especially with regard to this person's salvation.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Help me.

I have been praying in faith for the salvation of someone near to me for many years.

I stand on God's words that he wants all to come to repentance. No, not all will.

I believe that he is looking for someone to "stand in the gap".

I believe in the power of prayer, of the believer. I believe nothing is impossible with God.

I believe not all will come to Him, but the prayers of the "faithful" will be answered.

The Holy Spriit, combined with God's living word, spoken out in faith, I believe will be mountains, be it addictions, the unsaved, etc.

Truly, I don't believe I have wasted time and have been ignorant to stand in faith as I do, especially for the person I am crying out for.
You haven't. Our job is not to know who the elect are but to tell ALL men about Christ.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-22-2009 at 10:43 AM..

Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
I believe that the invitation is open, that Jesus came for sinners as well as righteous, I believe that prayer is powerful, and that is what Jesus taught, in my opinion.

If don't believe that even though my prayers have not been "visibly" answered, that I must continue to stand on God's word.

Just like the angel told Daniel, that it took Him almost a month to get to him because of the spritiaul warfare, that things are going on in a supernatural level, unseen to us.

I believe that not all will be saved, but it is Christ's desire that all come to him, and that he will be heartbroken for those that didn't.
I usually give up on a lot of stuff, diets, etc., but I have not given up with God, who hung the stars, especially with regard to this person's salvation.

Then why don't all men come to Him?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,763,810 times
Make NO mistake about it. There is NO FREE RIDE. You DO have an opportunity to partake of HIS sacrifice, but if you do NOT you are NOT HIS. HE want's your love AND your obedience as THAT is what separates a believer from a non. Remember (HIS own words) I come BUT for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel..........hmmmm I don't see any word "church" there do you? ;-)

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I think I understood it now

but what about Romans 11:32-36

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things (= ta panta, the whole, the universe): to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
rom 11 32 -36 is talking about all the election of grace hath been concluded in unbelief in order to have mercy on..

Not the devil..God has no designs of mercy for the devil and his children..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity