Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

God is only the Saviour of His chosen People

The scriptures state otherwise, (for anyone who may be lurking and unsure) God bless.
Quote:

1 Timothy 4:10 (Amplified Bible):

10With a view to this we toil and strive, [yes and] [a]suffer reproach, because we have [fixed our] hope on the living God, Who is the Savior (Preserver, Maintainer, Deliverer) of all men, especially of those who believe (trust in, rely on, and adhere to Him [[AKA THE ELECT]]).

Even if you want to argue against universalism, right here it clearly says, GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF EVEN THE NON-BELIEVERS (AKA THE NON-ELECT)!

The word "especially" makes note that the Jesus is the Savior of those who believe (the elect) AND those that DO NOT believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God is only the Saviour of His chosen People

The scriptures state otherwise, (for anyone who may be lurking and unsure) God bless.

1 Timothy 4:10 (Amplified Bible):

10With a view to this we toil and strive, [yes and] [a]suffer reproach, because we have [fixed our] hope on the living God, Who is the Savior (Preserver, Maintainer, Deliverer) of all men, especially of those who believe (trust in, rely on, and adhere to Him [[AKA THE ELECT]]).

Even if you want to argue against universalism, right here it clearly says, GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF EVEN THE NON-BELIEVERS (AKA THE NON-ELECT)!

The word "especially" makes note that the Jesus is the Savior of those who believe (the elect) AND those that DO NOT believe.

God is only the Saviour of His chosen People, for all the rest will face this grand fate:

matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Sorry, thats not being Saved lol..

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 PM

Doesn't work, beloved. Everlasting does not mean everlasting here. If you can't accept that world means each and ever person in the world according to the definitions in the passages presented, you can't accept that everlasting means forever, without end here. We have shown that it cannot be because many scriptures show that it doesn't. God bless.

Matthew 25

41Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;
42for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;
43a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.
44`Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?
45`Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me. 46And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during (YLT)

Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Doesn't work, beloved. Everlasting does not mean everlasting here
uh huh and everlasting life doesnt mean everlasting life either..

Matt 25:

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 PM

God loves all people and Jesus died for all people, not just for the elect. We do not serve a cruel God of hate, but a God who is love. God bless.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 PM

106 posts, read 136,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
God is only the Saviour of His chosen People, not the devil and his children they have no saviour..this is what they have:

matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
I just refuted that point (showing that God is the savior of ALL MEN, ESPECIALLY (but NOT EXCLUSIVELY to those that believe), and so has ShanaBrown as to the length that the fire will last within the verse you just quoted.

1 Timothy 4:10 says this, which I will paraphrase so as to make it more clear: God is the savior of all men, INCLUDING (and especially of, but NOT EXCLUSIVELY) The Elect.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Believers have life during this age and in the age to come , but will have everlasting life when we become immortal

45`Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me. 46And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during (YLT)
God bless.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 PM

dom says:

Quote:
I just refuted that point
You think you did..

Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 PM

106 posts, read 136,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
uh huh and everlasting life doesnt mean everlasting life either..

Matt 25:

Actually eternal life doesn't mean eternal life. It's talking about the life that is manifested by God unto man during THIS AGE. Hence why it is "life age-during."

God will grant immortality to all mankind eventually, and then His life which he bestows upon us won't just pertain to an age anymore.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Believers have life during this age and in the age to come , but will have everlasting life when we become immortal

God bless.

God is only the Saviour of His chosen People, not the devil and his children they have no saviour..this is what they have:

matt 25:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity