Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,399,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16

God did not murder His son. He gave Him up as a sacrifice for the sins of man. The perfect sacrifice. Jesus did it for us.
Read post 79, as I just answered this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM

531 posts, read 480,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Do you believe everything that happens in this earth is according to Gods will?
I'll ask you the same question with regard to a certain scripture.

Gen 6: 5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Do you think that God created man just so at some point in the future that He would be sorry He'd ever done it?

That question is crazy when i hear it.

The Lord wishes that all people would come to Jesus. 1 Tim chapter 2. But people die everyday that have denied the existence of God. How can something that happens be God's will when He would wish that the opposite would happen.

Now don't get me wrong... God's plan for salvation is perfect. Its concise and simple. But many will not come to the feast when called.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Sorry but your still not getting it.

It is Jesus LIFE that was the offering, not His bloody death. the LIFE is in the BLOOD.

Jesus LIFE is the offering, the bloody human sacrifice of Him is the rejection of that LIFE.

In effect what you guys believe is that the rejection of the LIFE of Christ/the offering is what pleased God.

Christ's blood washes away sin.

newsflash! Christ is alive. He is NOT dead. But He was our sacrifice.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,538 times
Quote:

Saved I think some are still misunderstanding my posts.

The sacrifice God did not want to do was the bloody human sacrifice of His son.

That is to say that which people did to Jesus was not what God wanted them to do, God wanted them to reverence His son. But the people reject God offering (Jesus) and then crucified Him.

Jesus being the embodiment of Love went to the cross willingly, He did this because of the Love He bears all mankind and if He had of fought (or called 12 legions of angels) not to go to the cross He would not have expressed Love. War is NOT an expression of Love, tis why Jesus stopped Peter from killing, and healed the one Peter cut the ear from.

God offered the world His son and the world rejected Him, it was the rejection of the offering that crucified Jesus Christ.
Pneuma, excellent post, thank you.

I'm still not 100% sure of God's original intention though. Had the jews accepted Christ and not crucified Him, then what? Would earth have entered a new age of love, peace and utopia?

I understand God knew all along what would happen but I can't fully grasp this 'sacrifice' thing.

Thanks

Old 11-30-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I'll ask you the same question with regard to a certain scripture.

Gen 6: 5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Do you think that God created man just so at some point in the future that He would be sorry He'd ever done it?

That question is crazy when i hear it.

The Lord wishes that all people would come to Jesus. 1 Tim chapter 2. But people die everyday that have denied the existence of God. How can something that happens be God's will when He would wish that the opposite would happen.

Now don't get me wrong... God's plan for salvation is perfect. Its concise and simple. But many will not come to the feast when called.
arrg... Atom did you read the whole thread? I am the one saying that not everything that happens in this world is something that God wants to happen.

Others are saying everything that happen in this earth is according to Gods will.

If they are correct then sin, evil, murder, disobedinece etc. are things God wants.

I simply disagree with them, and it seem you do to, so your post should have been aimed at them not me.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Christ's blood washes away sin.

newsflash! Christ is alive. He is NOT dead. But He was our sacrifice.
The LIFE is in the BLOOD, it is His LIFE that washes away sin.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

I'm still not 100% sure of God's original intention though. Had the jews accepted Christ and not crucified Him, then what? Would earth have entered a new age of love, peace and utopia?

I understand God knew all along what would happen but I can't fully grasp this 'sacrifice' thing.

Thanks
Your welcome Zero, many seem to be under the impression that the rejection of Christ is the glory of God.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
arrg... Atom did you read the whole thread?
No i work 2 jobs and i'm at one now... lunch time.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:23 PM

63,906 posts, read 40,178,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Christ would have lived a normal lifetime and upon His death the same rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) would have taken place and ushered in the regeneration of our species relationship with God.
Quote:
Thanks
Bringing the message of a loving God to the believers in a smiting and vengeful God was doomed to rejection and the barbaric responses during that era. THAT was the sacrifice . . . knowing what they would do to Jesus and allowing it . . . to make the point unambiguously . . . despite the agony Christ would endure under their savagery. THAT was Christ's sacrifice . . . knowing and allowing their savagery and brutality in love for us all because they "knew not what they did."

Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,038,703 times
Quote:
Paul if God gets everything He wants please explain sin, death, rape, murder, molestations, disobedience etc.

Does God want these things?

And you suggest I am the irrational one
Yes, God wants those things to happen now. It doesn't mean they are His nature, it means He planned and will those type of events to happen NOW. This doesn't mean it will always happen.

See you can't see that murder, rape, crime, etc.. are all part of His plan. Even He says that He subjected the creature to vanity. He even said that He creates Evil.

But again you said He doesn't get what He wants, but what does the scriptures say:

Job 23:13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

Get that? What He desires, He does. He can't do what He desires if He can't get what He desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity