Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yeah, they seem to believe that the billions x billions x billions x billions x billions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions ^ 1000000000000000000000 power x trillionns raised to the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000 power of years of punishment is Justice for what wrong was accomplished in a mere 75 years of existence.

Glad to know that the Justice of the Universalist God is far more FAIR and just then that.

Paul
Paul,

Those that believe in ET do not even think that it is the deeds committed that are being punished eternally - it is the sin of unbelief. ie not accepting Jesus as Saviour.

So you get doctrines of believe and be saved, which translates to believers are good and unbelievers are wicked - so believers go to heaven and non believers go to eternal hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 05:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
The Jesus Christ that universalist preach has more power then the Jesus that Eternal Torment believers preach. Theirs cannot save everyone. We should have great Joy in God giving us the more POWERFUL Gospel. The reality is theirs is a Gospel of Death since Death gets a victory in Denying God His potential Children.

Paul
I have come to the same conclusion. I believe many Christian fundamentalists really do love God and are merely blinded to the truth of his plan for the ages. But i have come to realize that the God of the fundamental interpretation of the Gospel is a false God of death. Death is made to be the far greater victor over Gods Creation. Sin has far more effect than Christs shed blood. I now understand it to be the false gospel of sin and death, and not the true gospel of salvation and life.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Death is made to be the far greater victor over Gods Creation. Sin has far more effect than Christs shed blood.
Agree. God bless.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:29 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I just wanted to share, Paul, because some seem to think that it is a New Age philosophy or teaching, or that it is something someone just made up.
It is.

The very universalists that have been 'recruited' to this site even shared that all of you were led astray by the internet.

This isn't something that's mainstream or widely accepted and many scholars....you know, people who actually have knowledge about these things based on more than wiki, tentmaker, or Ray Smith....and those scholars disagree with the (false) teaching.

You can dress it up and try and sell it anyway you like...but it ain't what you profess. Sorry.

Glad it's pretty much just floating out here on the world wide web deceiving just a few instead of many. Not much anyone can do about it but just meet lies with Truth, so you see what we have here at City-Data....another 'us vs them' mentality of folks arguing and no one changing anyone's mind.

Sounds productive doesn't it?

Surely something God would want us doing, right?

Whatever.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
The Jesus Christ that universalist preach has more power then the Jesus that Eternal Torment believers preach. Theirs cannot save everyone. We should have great Joy in God giving us the more POWERFUL Gospel. The reality is theirs is a Gospel of Death since Death gets a victory in Denying God His potential Children.

Paul
Lots-o-Christ in that post. LOL

You guys just continue to prove points today.

Many thanks to you and Camps!

Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
It is.

The very universalists that have been 'recruited' to this site even shared that all of you were led astray by the internet.

This isn't something that's mainstream or widely accepted and many scholars....you know, people who actually have knowledge about these things based on more than wiki, tentmaker, or Ray Smith....and those scholars disagree with the (false) teaching.

You can dress it up and try and sell it anyway you like...but it ain't what you profess. Sorry.

Glad it's pretty much just floating out here on the world wide web deceiving just a few instead of many. Not much anyone can do about it but just meet lies with Truth, so you see what we have here at City-Data....another 'us vs them' mentality of folks arguing and no one changing anyone's mind.

Whatever.
AMEN!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 06:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
It is.

Whatever.
Well i do not believe for one moment it's just through the internet . I have just had my brother in the flesh and his wife visit from Australia, both of them staunch fundamentalists , who up until recently thought the only correct translation of the bible was the KJV.
The second night he was here we had a heated discussion about ET . after reading "Hope beyond hell" (as well as his wife) they changed their stance on this subject.
When i left for England i took 2 copies with me , one i gave to a very good mutual friend of my brother and i , who is big into the word of faith movement ,he was very open about reading it. The other copy i gave to my mother.
So absolutely nothing to do with the internet in these cases.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well i do not believe for one moment it's just through the internet . I have just had my brother in the flesh and his wife visit from Australia, both of them staunch fundamentalists , who up until recently thought the only correct translation of the bible was the KJV.
The second night he was here we had a heated discussion about ET . after reading "Hope beyond hell" (as well as his wife) they changed their stance on this subject.
When i left for England i took 2 copies with me , one i gave to a very good mutual friend of my brother and i , who is big into the word of faith movement ,he was very open about reading it. The other copy i gave to my mother.
So absolutely nothing to do with the internet in these cases.
Oh come on, man, it was your thread for Pete's sake.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ciliation.html

Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its interesting how the internet has played a role in most if not all our awakenings. I believe that is because many people are more open to exploring ideas when they are anonymous and don't have others looking over their shoulder and judging them.
From one of your own, Camps.

And as stated above, it wasn't until you separated yourself from other bible believing Christians (something we are warned against) that any of you fell into this teaching.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:48 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Oh come on, man, it was your thread for Pete's sake.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ciliation.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity