Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 AM

392 posts, read 559,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
You keep using that phrase "come out of her". Are you suggesting that 300,000,000 people abandon this nation to others and migrate from the USA to some other geographic location? Or perhaps abandon their sins? Or maybe something else? Please explain what you are trying to convey with that phrase, thanks.
Gideon said some indeed have done that. However you and I know that 300,000,000 are not true Christians, at best 30,000,000 perhaps. The main way to come out of her is to flee if you can; but if you can not, then come out of her wicked popular culture at best. This will be pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I believe that you and your fellow travelers are grossly in error. America is A LAND OF PROMISE!

But we must be faithful to God and the lifestyle teachings of Jesus Christ to retain our inspired constitutional freedoms and be a light to the world.

But we're straying from prayer and Christianity so I'm ok with moderators moving this to Religion and Philosophy if they see it that way too.
Gideon said, that is why she is Babylon; it to was the land of promise and freedom for all immigrants, a nation of seas of people, diverse from all the rest before it.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:53 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said some indeed have done that. However you and I know that 300,000,000 are not true Christians, at best 30,000,000 perhaps. The main way to come out of her is to flee if you can; but if you can not, then come out of her wicked popular culture at best. This will be pleasing to God.
No, do not attempt to speak for me. I do not judge and categorize followers of Jesus Christ into "true" or "not true" Christians. That's waay above my pay grade, in fact I thought that was God's job.

So, it seems that you are suggesting that at least 30,000,000 people (about the entire population of Canada I think) abandon America and "flee" to some other geographic location. Is that correct? If so, where do you suggest they "flee" to and how do they sustain themselves while they are fleeing and when they arrive at that other promised land?

You come across in my view as perhaps an idealist, but one with some very dark and disturbing views about one particular nation and its citizens. Are you trying to lure people to your own church in some as yet unrevealed location, as long as it is far from America? Why are you so fearful of being an American? (If you are.)

Last edited by justamere10; 11-09-2009 at 08:23 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,760 times
Quote:
With respect, I understand that some people see themselves as victims and thus entitled to special privileges because of experiences their ancestors had generations ago. That's certainly a valid topic for discussion, but please, not in this particular thread, thanks.
Did not mean to deter your thread, but I just thought I asked some valid questions in relation to the topic. It just seems that lost in the mix when talk come up about America "returning to god," are the peoples (Native Americans/Africans) who seemed to have done far more (at the base level) for America's past success and rise to world power than any god has ever done. But oh well, carry on.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
We even have the highest crime rates in the world.
That may be partially at least because our politicians keep so busy inventing more and more laws that lawyers then interpret and apply to make a lucrative living, exercise control over us, and take our money and our liberty. And maybe because so much money is constantly being poured into the trappings of the law. (In a city near me a huge new courthouse was just built with public funds. The whole system in my opinion is corrupt and out of control.)

But yes, we throw into cages more of our citizens than does any other nation.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Gideon said, that is why she is Babylon; it to was the land of promise and freedom for all immigrants, a nation of seas of people, diverse from all the rest before it.
Just a suggestion since you are new to this board. If you look at the top left corner of each of your messages you will see that your screenname is there in big bold letters. So you needn't keep repeating "Gideon said." We all know that it's you who is writing the message. Your repetition is getting a bit stale in my perhaps solitary opinion, though of course you do have the right to your own style.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Just a suggestion since you are new to this board. If you look at the top left corner of each of your messages you will see that your screenname is there in big bold letters. So you needn't keep repeating "Gideon said." We all know that it's you who is writing the message. Your repetition is getting a bit stale in my perhaps solitary opinion, though of course you do have the right to your own style.

Gideon said, from Mc Donald's wan network,

That is your opinion. There is a method to this system I have developed.Common sense should state it is done so I can study these dialogues for what ever reason. It is easier to distinguish who said what when studying this matter. I still think we need to pray God's judgment on this murderous nation, that has killed millioins of Indians, Negros, and now Babies, 60 plus million to be exact. Lord knows what the scorcerers or pharaceutical are doing to our childen with manditory vacinations. It appears you are in much darkness with matters.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Gideon said, from Mc Donald's wan network,

That is your opinion. There is a method to this system I have developed.Common sense should state it is done so I can study these dialogues for what ever reason. It is easier to distinguish who said what when studying this matter. I still think we need to pray God's judgment on this murderous nation, that has killed millioins of Indians, Negros, and now Babies, 60 plus million to be exact. Lord knows what the scorcerers or pharaceutical are doing to our childen with manditory vacinations. It appears you are in much darkness with matters.
Oops, maybe I misjudged you.

How about China for a Babylon candidate if you must have a modern one? I think Mao alone murdered something like 70 million people...

Old 11-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Oops, maybe I misjudged you.

How about China for a Babylon candidate if you must have a modern one? I think Mao alone murdered something like 70 million people...

Gideon said, It is impossible to be China. China does not fit the prophetic desciption of Babylon; America does. China is an old nation the oldest in the world. America is the youngest, stronges empire of the world; this fits prophesy. America is a land born of the lion and one of the cubs of the lion or of England. America was born of the Chaldeans or English people while China is not. America is a sea of diverse culture, China is not. Ameirca is the center of world trade; China is what it is today because of coporated American interest. Wal Mart alone has built brought so much commerse to China that cities resulted from it. The US still remains the industrial might of the world and is the center of world trade. If we were gone today the nations would weep because we would not buy their goods any longer.

15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
14And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
15The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
16And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying

Old 11-09-2009, 05:49 PM

America, prayer is our only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity