Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,376,024 times

Advertisements

I received the following email today. Perhaps others reading this have also received it but I thought it would be worth posting it here for those who haven't yet read it and may want to pass it along.

Some folks passing through Texarkana last week noted signs in people's yards that said, " America, prayer is our only hope" with 2 Chron. 7:14 underneath. We certainly need God's help!

I have no idea who started this, but I certainly agree with this e-mail. I heard a preacher say "if we pray for our nation, things will turn around". I have decided to reach out to my friends and relatives and ask you to do something that has been troubling me for a long time.

Our nation is/has been on the slippery slope for a long time. If you look around you will find corruption, greed, moral decay, and a steady move away from the things that made us great. The principles upon which this nation was founded are no longer our backbone. However, we can reverse this trend.

2 Chron. 7:14 in God's word reads:

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their Land."

I am convinced that we must pray for our nation and its leaders and ask for forgiveness So I ask you to join me in this plea to our Lord. Would you please send this to people in your address book (send it to all believers); ask them to pray EVERYDAY.

25 to only the 5th power is 9,765,625 people. IMAGINE if each person reaches TEN others...or all TWENTY FIVE! If you do and they comply, we will lift up millions and millions of prayers a day to our Creator. He will hear, and will answer.

Let me just add a quote from Ronald Reagan:

"If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

I truly believe this is why the United States of America is in the shape we are in today. Most people have forgotten that we are one nation under God! Let us as Christians stand up and remind people of this.

Have a blessed day!

Please copy and pass along this vitally important and urgent message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,747 times
[
Quote:
QUOTE=justamere10;11277600]I received the following email today. Perhaps others reading this have also received it but I thought it would be worth posting it here for those who haven't yet read it and may want to pass it along.

Some folks passing through Texarkana last week noted signs in people's yards that said, " America, prayer is our only hope" with 2 Chron. 7:14 underneath. We certainly need God's help!

I have no idea who started this, but I certainly agree with this e-mail. I heard a preacher say "if we pray for our nation, things will turn around". I have decided to reach out to my friends and relatives and ask you to do something that has been troubling me for a long time.

Our nation is/has been on the slippery slope for a long time. If you look around you will find corruption, greed, moral decay, and a steady move away from the things that made us great. The principles upon which this nation was founded are no longer our backbone. However, we can reverse this trend.

2 Chron. 7:14 in God's word reads:

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their Land."

I am convinced that we must pray for our nation and its leaders and ask for forgiveness So I ask you to join me in this plea to our Lord. Would you please send this to people in your address book (send it to all believers); ask them to pray EVERYDAY.

25 to only the 5th power is 9,765,625 people. IMAGINE if each person reaches TEN others...or all TWENTY FIVE! If you do and they comply, we will lift up millions and millions of prayers a day to our Creator. He will hear, and will answer.

Let me just add a quote from Ronald Reagan:

"If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

I truly believe this is why the United States of America is in the shape we are in today. Most people have forgotten that we are one nation under God! Let us as Christians stand up and remind people of this.

Have a blessed day!

Please copy and pass along this vitally important and urgent message.
[/quote]

I agree, Confess, forgive, Repent and Pray!!
Not just America the entire world, but America does need it bad
Thanks for the Grace and Mercy of our Lord !!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,863,089 times
I pray for our country every day! With God, all things are possible.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
but what if it isn't God's will?

Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
but what if it isn't God's will?
What if what isn't God's will?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
What if what isn't God's will?
What if it's God's will for America to fall apart?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:32 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Then fall...it will!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
It is my belief that God the Father loves all of His children and, like most loving earthly parents, wants His children to be happy and to have an eternity of joy and progression. And that includes His children in America.

However, He does not take away the freedom of each individual to CHOOSE for themselves evil or righteous behavior, and to reap the consequences of the seeds they sow. If people living in America turn away from Him and wallow in pride and wickedness, then He will allow them to be destroyed the same way two other great civilizations in the Americas were destroyed.

The choice is up to US! If good people in America will turn to Him and do their best to keep His commandments and love one another, He will fight our battles for us and America will be delivered from the dark forces that seek to overthrow her and force her inhabitants into slavery and misery.

That's the great and terrible prophecy that hangs over us right now, great if there is a retrenchment, a turning back to Jesus Christ and his lifestyle teachings, and terrible if good people shrink from the battle, keep their heads buried in the sand, indulge in immorality, fail to take the initiative and speak up for truth and freedom with boldness, or continue to fight amongst themselves, and thus allow our nation to be changed and overthrown by the small but powerful secret combinations and their fellow travelers who work to have their own way with us.

Personally I'm an optimist. I think good-living grassroots America is going to awaken, and with God's help we will overcome...

Old 11-03-2009, 11:02 PM

392 posts, read 559,993 times
My peple, come out of her for her sins have reached unto heaven. Babylon of Modern times=America

Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,403,163 times
I prayed for years and nothing happened. So what is prayer the answer for? Disappoinment?! Yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity