Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:00 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who ever said we didn't believe in Jesus?? Please supply that post.
I never said anyone did or did not believe in Christ.

My point that the presence of the Spirit is what saves us - and we get the Spirit from Jesus when we believe.

Love does not save from sin. Love makes us look like Christ, but it can not save anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 12:01 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes we must believe.

But....

The only reason we believe is because God enables us to believe.
The Holy Spirit in His ministry of common Grace makes the Gospel understandable to the hearer of the Word so that he can make a decision one way or the other. If the hearer of the Gospel, upon understanding the Gospel makes the decision to believe in Christ, then the Holy Spirit, in His ministry of efficacious grace takes the faith that the person is expressing toward Christ and carries that faith to the point of salvation. The Holy Spirit makes the faith that came from that person, effective for salvation. If this is what you mean then you are correct. But if you mean something other than this, then you are in error.

2 Thess.2:14 ''And it was for this He called you through our Gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord.''

Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Divine Love, that which is the essence of God, saves from sin. That is the only thing that does. Believing in Jesus, a book, or anything other than Divine Love, will not save you from anything.

When Divine Love enters your soul, it gets rid of the sins you have and then it works on the inclination to sin. In no other way can you be saved. Even the vilest of sinners can receive this love as it is available to all who seek and ask for it.
That is what the 11th commandment is. We are to Love all with the Divne Love that was available through Jesus. He is the one who restored the ability for us to receive it when we ask God in all sincerity and honesty.
Believing in the bible or any other religious book will not do it for you. Love cleanses all sins.

And that my friends, is the salvation that Jesus taught while He was on earth.
Have any Scripture to back that up?

How does "Divine Love" enter your soul? And how does it (or It) get rid of sin?

Where does the Bible say love cleanses all sins?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Divine Love, that which is the essence of God, saves from sin. That is the only thing that does. Believing in Jesus, a book, or anything other than Divine Love, will not save you from anything.

When Divine Love enters your soul, it gets rid of the sins you have and then it works on the inclination to sin. In no other way can you be saved. Even the vilest of sinners can receive this love as it is available to all who seek and ask for it.
That is what the 11th commandment is. We are to Love all with the Divne Love that was available through Jesus. He is the one who restored the ability for us to receive it when we ask God in all sincerity and honesty.
Believing in the bible or any other religious book will not do it for you. Love cleanses all sins.

And that my friends, is the salvation that Jesus taught while He was on earth.
Quote:
That whole statement is so very wrong that it makes me cringe. This should help
http://www.chick.com/information/general/salvation.asp

Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I never said anyone did or did not believe in Christ.

My point that the presence of the Spirit is what saves us - and we get the Spirit from Jesus when we believe.

Love does not save from sin. Love makes us look like Christ, but it can not save anyone.
Do you believe it is possible to completely LOVE everyone without having the spirit?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Do you believe it is possible to completely LOVE everyone without having the spirit?
Completely LOVE everyone without the Spirit?

No.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob4jc View Post
completely love everyone without the spirit?

No.
exactly!!

Old 11-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Love still has nothing to do w/ salvation. The Spirit must dwell in a person to be saved. The Spirit must be in someone to love properly. Love has nothing to do w/ one's status of salvation - it is a product of the Spirit.

Our reasoning is not the standard. Scripture is the standard. Rom. 8:9 - if you don't have the Spirit, you are not one with Christ. Rom. 8:11 - if you have the Spirit, God gives you the life. 1 John 5:11 - If you have the Son, you have the life. 1 John 5:12 - If you don't have the Son, you don't have the life.

Salvation has nothing to do with our love. Salvation has everything to do with whom you are identified.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 11-13-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 01:22 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Have any Scripture to back that up?

How does "Divine Love" enter your soul? And how does it (or It) get rid of sin?

Where does the Bible say love cleanses all sins?
Reread the post.

I don't read your bible. The following are my "scriptures."

"No man can come to the Father's Love, except he be born again. This is the great and fundamental Truth which men must learn and believe, for without this New Birth men cannot partake of the Divine Essence of God's Love, which, when possessed by a man, makes him at one with the Father. This Love comes to man by the workings of the Holy Ghost, causing this love to flow into the heart and soul, and filling it, so that all sin and error must be eradicated.
I am not going to tell to-night just how this working of the spirit operates, but, I say, if a man will pray to the Father and believe, and earnestly ask that this Love be given him, he will receive it; and when it comes into his soul he will realize it. Let not men think that by any effort of their own they can come into this union with the father, because they cannot. No river can rise higher than its source; and no man who has only the natural love and filled with error can of his own powers cause that natural love to partake of the Divine, or his nature to be relieved of such sin and error. "

"The New Birth is the flowing of the Spirit of God into your soul and the disappearing of all that tends to turn your heart from the truth and Love of God. It comes by the workings of the Holy Spirit that conveys the Grace of God. It is not a working of your own will or power - it is the Love of God that causes the change. You cannot of yourself change the evil workings of your heart but you can pray and the Holy Spirit will come into your soul and then you will realize the change. "

"And I further informed them, that, if they wished to assert the truth of my words, they should try and test my teachings that the Father's Love was now available, and pray for it to the Father in earnest prayer, and see whether, if this was done in sincerity, the Father's Love, conveyed through the Holy Spirit, would burn and glow in the soul, by which sign they would realize His Love was present therein."

"The Love of God cannot be defined, for it passes all understanding, but the result of that Love, when in the souls of men, can be seen and felt, in the exceeding beauty in the countenances of men, and in their wonderful happiness. No fear of death or anything that maketh afraid can possibly exist where this Love is. It is not the Love that permits any feelings of jealousy or envy to have an entrance, but is so perfect and all soul filling that there cannot possibly be any room for anything but its own great self. I know that the Love of God is the only thing that can make man supremely happy while on earth, and after he becomes a spirit. "

Old 11-13-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Love still has nothing to do w/ salvation. The Spirit must dwell in a person to be saved. The Spirit must be in someone to love properly. Love has nothing to do w/ one's status of salvation - it is a product of the Spirit.

Our reasoning is not the standard. Scripture is the standard. Rom. 8:9 - if you don't have the Spirit, you are not one with Christ. Rom. 8:11 - if you have the Spirit, God gives you the life. 1 John 5:11 - If you have the Son, you have the life. 1 John 5:12 - If you don't have the Son, you don't have the life.

Salvation has nothing to do with love. Salvation has everything to do with whom you are identified.
I believe that true salvation not only involves believing in Jesus but also living the life Jesus commanded us to live.....picking up your cross daily, crucifying your flesh, denying yourself and walking in his footsteps by serving others, loving God with all of your heart, soul and mind and loving your neighbor as yourself. This is The Way Jesus showed us to truly be ONE with the Father and enter into the Kingdom. There is way more to salvation than just believing in Jesus or saying a I have Jesus in my heart prayer.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 11-13-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity