Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 12:31 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The math would be unenlightening unless you routinely use it and are able to understand what its philosophical import would be. (Hint: many excellent mathematicians are not very good at it). Still there might be some explanations of quantum theory for the general public that would be helpful (if misleading because there is a lot of misunderstanding about its more esoteric concepts like indeterminacy, interference, entanglement or action at a distance or non-locality, etc.).
That's why it's quantum theory, right?

Quote:
To understand quantum time as I use it . . . it is necessary to recognize that our consciousness takes time to form what we experience as "instantaneous" and continuous awareness which we then use to measure our time. We do not experience awareness as each individual brain activity that comprises our composite consciousness. Quantum time is the time it takes to form each "lump of awareness" (resonant neuronal composite within the substrate) that we use to measure our time. It is always beyond our reach in our sub-light timespace because its becoming exists at the light-squared level of becoming ("molecular speed").
And you say that many souls are not vibrating at the right level to "hear" the Spirit, right? Instead of listening to the Spirit we are trying to read about it in a book full of ink from men who were inexperienced and dull of "hearing" and could only understand basics like "do this", "don't do that." Their hearts could not fully understand love, and they saw the world through dark eyes. The only way they knew how to "fix" everything was through war and manipulation. Love (as the ultimate power) was a foreign concept.

Okay, rambling below.......

I was just taking a look at wave mechanics. Something about wave in/wave out. Does this go on for infinity? How can something affect us from trillions of miles away as though it were an inch away if the wave went on for infinity? Where does it stop and loop back? Of course God doesn't loop back, though.

I got into a debate with somebody about a week ago over on the Religion and Philosophy forum. He kept trying to ask me what evil was, and I kept trying to explain what evil was, but he said it was subjective, and he brought up EM energy. Do you think that there is a neutral force, or do you think our ides of good and evil come from an outside source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
How do we know God doesn't loop back? I've often wondered if the way He will wipe every tear from our eyes and take away all our sorrows would be to go back in time and change things.JAT.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:53 AM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That's why it's quantum theory, right?
And you say that many souls are not vibrating at the right level to "hear" the Spirit, right? Instead of listening to the Spirit we are trying to read about it in a book full of ink from men who were inexperienced and dull of "hearing" and could only understand basics like "do this", "don't do that." Their hearts could not fully understand love, and they saw the world through dark eyes. The only way they knew how to "fix" everything was through war and manipulation. Love (as the ultimate power) was a foreign concept.
I actually grok that! Resonance is the operative feature of our vibratory reality. There must be some harmonic resonance to "hear" the Spirit.
Quote:
Okay, rambling below.......
I was just taking a look at wave mechanics. Something about wave in/wave out. Does this go on for infinity? How can something affect us from trillions of miles away as though it were an inch away if the wave went on for infinity? Where does it stop and loop back? Of course God doesn't loop back, though.
Are you familiar with holographs?The cosmic becoming of modern physics is more of a "holomovement" . . . and space (the notion of "where") is a sensory concept of our consciousness as we experience this becoming in time.
Quote:
I got into a debate with somebody about a week ago over on the Religion and Philosophy forum. He kept trying to ask me what evil was, and I kept trying to explain what evil was, but he said it was subjective, and he brought up EM energy. Do you think that there is a neutral force, or do you think our ides of good and evil come from an outside source?
Outside and inside are not appropriate concepts when we are integral to the entire system. Evil is anti-respect for life ( like "Live" spelled backwards) and is anti-love of life.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:39 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
How do we know God doesn't loop back? I've often wondered if the way He will wipe every tear from our eyes and take away all our sorrows would be to go back in time and change things.JAT.
Time, to my understanding, is a physical realm "3D" concept only. Once you die or phase over, there is just the concept of now. That's why dreams can seem like hours when you sleep for minutes. And dreams just seem hazy because your conscious awareness is dim. You have the power to come awake in your dreams and see reality.

Quote:
I actually grok that! Resonance is the operative feature of our vibratory reality. There must be some harmonic resonance to "hear" the Spirit. Are you familiar with holographs?The cosmic becoming of modern physics is more of a "holomovement" . . . and space (the notion of "where") is a sensory concept of our consciousness as we experience this becoming in time.Outside and inside are not appropriate concepts when we are integral to the entire system. Evil is anti-respect for life ( like "Live" spelled backwards) and is anti-love of life.
Grok...from "Stranger in a Strange Land?"

Correct on all counts. Once in the spiritual realm things like distance and time are illusions. You can simply teleport anywhere just by thinking about it.

Also your vibrational rate can be "adjusted" simply by requesting it while in spiritual form. This makes it so you can be in the presence of more advanced beings without being blinded. You can also request other things like clarity, awareness, light, healing, and many other things.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I actually grok that! Resonance is the operative feature of our vibratory reality. There must be some harmonic resonance to "hear" the Spirit. Are you familiar with holographs?The cosmic becoming of modern physics is more of a "holomovement" . . . and space (the notion of "where") is a sensory concept of our consciousness as we experience this becoming in time.Outside and inside are not appropriate concepts when we are integral to the entire system. Evil is anti-respect for life ( like "Live" spelled backwards) and is anti-love of life.
So there are pieces of evil and light in all of us. Choose life.

The only thing I know about holographs is that Star Trek has them.

I don't know how much this will help me, but the reviews of this book, "QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter" by Richard P. Feynman are good and I guess it's written for the layman, so I thought I'd give it a shot. My son loves this stuff, and he reminded me of how much I used to care about science. When I was young I asked for a microscope and a telescope for my birthday (I guess I was around 12), and my mom got me both, but for some reason she took the telescope back to the store and never got me another one, and things were falling apart in my family, so I gave up on everything I cared about. I got busy raising children and working and everything else. My son sparked my interest back up. I'm really excited. I forgot how much this kind of stuff livened me up.

And I've recently found out that Isaac Newton was a pretty interesting guy. He handled the religious establishment in a brilliant way (he didn't believe in a trinity) and kept on going in a time when he could have been snuffed out for doing what he did. I just ordered a book on Newton called "The Last Sorcerer" from Amazon. I can't wait to read it.

So, to keep this thread kinda on topic, in conclusion I guess we could say the end timers are all busy looking for external signs when they should be seeing books like Revelation (symbols and visions) through a spiritual lens. The pastors and teachers keep those sitting in the pews out of the kingdom just like the Pharisees did to the people under them at the time Jesus showed up. That's why they couldn't "see" him. They feared men and what men taught instead of using love to cast out fear so they could hear the Spirit. They learned to fear so much that they were easily manipulated by people with agendas that had nothing to do with love (love your enemies) which made them children of destruction.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:04 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
google holographic universe...and there are also vids on youtube about it.it's thought by some that that's how we are so interconnected with each other,as science has recently shown.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:00 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
I'm sorry but the last few posts have really been out there. What the??? I mean, I'm about as open-minded as the next person but all this "new agey" stuff blows my mind. I understand that you all think everything is "spiritual" but I can't ignore scriptures that are plain as the nose on your face.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Revelation 16:2
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

You can't tell me that this is spiritual or that it has already come to pass. Prove it.

Revelation 13:16-18

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,
17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

When is someone going to figure out the riddle of 666? I think that's what needs to be focused on. I understand that denial is a pretty powerful thing and I also understand now that God's plan for humanity is different than I once thought but there's some pretty heavy **** that has to take place before all that can come to fruition. First a rapture, then the anti-christ and the tribulation. How can people deny this truth?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

When is someone going to figure out the riddle of 666? I think that's what needs to be focused on.
Theologians have been focusing on that for thousands of years and there have been thousands of explanations (many contradictory to one another) put out. Everyone past theory dies with the people who died who were purported to be the AC or the story keeps on going with systems (not individuals) in mind (there is a VERY popular theory that the RCC and the Papal system match every nuance of the AC's description) but the bottom line is that we have mass confusion, there are tons of explanations to sift through.

So basically - we have a bunch of people running around saying Israel can do no wrong (even when they do wrong) and waiting for a big literal war that will wipe out all the bad guys.

It is this doomsday "us vs. them" tribal mentality which has been an antichristic blight upon humanity for eons.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
google holographic universe...and there are also vids on youtube about it.it's thought by some that that's how we are so interconnected with each other,as science has recently shown.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:12 PM

24 posts, read 25,642 times
Quote:
Actually . . . that is quite good as an analogy . . . as long as you do not mean the movie. It is four dimensional with spheres of becoming within becomings in quantum time (not our measured time).

Are you sure the "matrix" (not the movie) is sphere, if anything i see it as being just and energy field with no shape, just consciousness. also, four dimensional? what type of dimension are you talking about, and what do you think resides there? example being matter or anything physical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity