Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe God will accomplish his desires?
Yes 21 91.30%
No 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:00 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times

Advertisements

Strictly speaking, God does not murder. God kills, God makes alive. God does not murder - murder is unlawful killing.

But this is way off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 03:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
What makes me want to puke is your double-talk, forked tongue type replies.

According to you God gets His desires in making the wicked for the day of evil but He can't get His desire to have EVERY knee bow to Him

Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

And this is carried over into Philippians 2:8-11

"and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name, that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."
(Philippians 2:8-11 CLV)

Yet you say God's desire is dependent upon man's puny will!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Strictly speaking, God does not murder. God kills, God makes alive. God does not murder - murder is unlawful killing.

But this is way off topic.
again yes or no and murder is only intent but yes we don't want to go there before the atheists jump in.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

"and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name, that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."
!
Perhaps it is double talk to you because you don't fully understand the gospel?

Was it the desire of God that Adam and Eve rebel? No. Was it God's will that David commit adultery? No. Yet, they did the very thing God did not want. God desires that all people repent but not all do. Clearly, God's will is not always done.

That verse you used does not talk about repentance.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Was it the desire of God that Adam and Eve rebel? No. Was it God's will that David commit adultery? No. Yet, they did the very thing God did not want. God desires that all people repent but not all do. Clearly, God's will is not always done.
We see now through a glass dimly...

It's our view that God uses the actions of man, and turns them to His desired end, right?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times
We now have two people who believe God will not accomplish his desire ...

Two Christians who admit that they do not believe Isaiah 55:11 ...

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
We now have two people who believe God will not accomplish his desire ...

Two Christians who admit that they do not believe Isaiah 55:11 ...

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
A clear violation of:

You shall have no other gods before Me. & You shall not make for yourself an idol.

Because the god they worship is not the true God of the bible.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:34 PM

78 posts, read 107,385 times
quote from Fundamentalist:Clearly, God's will is not always done.

So Jesus taught the disciples to pray in vain

you know,
Mt 6:10 - Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Perhaps it is double talk to you because you don't fully understand the gospel?
Actually, I do fully understand the gospel.
It is God will not to murder yet we see that God was forcing people to murder His Son so He could save them from their sins:

For of a truth, in this city were gathered against Thy holy Boy Jesus, Whom Thou dost anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, together with the nations and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Thy hand and Thy counsel designates beforehand to occur.
(Acts 4:27-28 CLV)

It was God's will that no one number Israel. Yet David numbered Israel and the Bible says God made him number Israel.

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
(2 Samuel 24:1 KJV)

Quote:
Was it the desire of God that Adam and Eve rebel? No.
It was God's hidden intention that Adam and Eve sin so that the promised Saviour of the world could come and save them from their sins. God didn't have a "plan B". It was always His plan to create humanity, have them sin, have death enter into all mankind and then save them from sin and death (Romans 5:12,18,19).

Quote:
Was it God's will that David commit adultery? No. Yet, they did the very thing God did not want. God desires that all people repent but not all do. Clearly, God's will is not always done.
It was God's hidden intention that David commit adultery so the promised Messiah would come through his seed as the promised seed of David.

Quote:
That verse [Phil.2:8-11] you used does not talk about repentance.
And for good reason. God is All in all at that point. What do they need to repent of since they are already now saved . . . all mankind saved.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
!Actually, I do fully understand the gospel.
It is God will not to murder yet we see that God was forcing people to murder His Son so He could save them from their sins:.................

It was God's hidden intention that David commit adultery so the promised Messiah would come through his seed as the promised seed of David.
"God's intention was for David to commit adultery?"Think about what you are saying? God's intention was for David to sin.....................yet God hates when we sin.

I say again. You don't fully understand scripture or God's nature if you make statements like that.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-21-2010 at 06:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity