Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Let's continue - what happens to the wicked? what is their ultimate fate?
Either you aren't reading my posts, or you are playing games.
I will repost:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The wicked are destroyed.
So you believe in annihilation?

Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Let's analyze that. It says that the sin is the works of the devil. Furthermore, it shows that the very PURPOSE that Jesus was manifested was to destroy sin.

See how eternal torment fails? - it preaches that the wicked shall be in eternal rebellion (sin) against God. If that is the case then sin is not destroyed. On the contrary - sin would get a kindgom to have rule over its subjects according to Eternal Torment. This is proof alone that there can be not such thing as eternal torment. The very doctrine works contrary to the very Purpose that Jesus was manifested.

The doctrine clearly states that all ( WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST) escape eternal torment. And all who (REJECT CHRIST), then by their own decision will enter eternal torment. And you don't have to analyze the Scriptures very long, to understand this.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:19 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Either you aren't reading my posts, or you are playing games.
I will repost:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Oh, ok now that I read then it is clear from those scriptures that it doesn't say eternity.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The doctrine clearly states that all ( WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST) escape eternal torment. And all who (REJECT CHRIST), then by their own decision will enter eternal torment. And you don't have to analyze the Scriptures very long, to understand this.
Where is the CLEAR part that says "ETERNITY"?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:35 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
I didn't say OUR works. I'm saying do you believe works are not required to be performed by us to be saved?
Can you be clear about what you want?

I answered your question already.

What's the difference between "OUR works" and "works to be performed by us"?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, ok now that I read then it is clear from those scriptures that it doesn't say eternity.
Second death is complete separation from God. It is spiritual death.
There is no scripture to support that this death is reversed, so therefore, it is eternal.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Can you be clear about what you want?

I answered your question already.

What's the difference between "OUR works" and "works to be performed by us"?
Because Jesus has the copyright on all GOOD Works.

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds (works):
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Old 01-30-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Second death is complete separation from God. It is spiritual death.
There is no scripture to support that this death is reversed, so therefore, it is eternal.
So how do you explain that Moses wanted to be blotted out of the book of life if God would not take away the sin of those that sinned against Him.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
So how do you explain that Moses wanted to be blotted out of the book of life if God would not take away the sin of those that sinned against Him.
That event is strictly typological to Christ. They have sinned a great sin. He came not to make apologies, but to make atonement for them, and is a type of the good Shepherd, that lays down his life for the sheep - John 10:11, who was to be cut off from the land of the living for the transgression of my people - Isaiah 53:8, Dan 9:26.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity