Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

Good grief..... such false guilt, guilt games people play. Their own guilt they try to pass off on other's. "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man." (Matt.15:18)

It really seems some just can not believe God and accept the fact that God really gives His people a peace, especially about the things one can not contol.....

........... instead of doubting and trusting the Father completely about it in their hearts!! He takes away all fear .....

Not.... like some who find a false gospel and then take it, the word of God out of context to justify their fear's and sin of unbelief to deal with it !!!

When the Lord tells us..... about those who take and add to the word of God !!!
Wow, now this is profound!! Let me see if I can reiterate what you said....

When you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and when we trust God completely and believe his word we are given a certain peace about the things we do not understand, therefore there is no longer any fear whatsoever!!

This is what happened to me once I completely turned my life over to Jesus Christ. A peace beyond all understanding.

So one can't be fully in Christ and trusting God when they do not believe the word of God and do not possess this peace that is spoken of. One has trusted in man and had their ears tickled to satisfy their fears rather than trusting in God to give the elusive peace that satisfies all fear.

Awesome!! Thank you Latte' Chic....you hit the nail on the head!!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
^^
WOW.

This is one of the mental impacts of believing in eternal torment. You begin to see many people around you in this light, all deserving and exceedingly just for them to be burned for eternity.
Yes, and I have to wonder if Jesus Really Knows Them!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:11 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Wow, now this is profound!! Let me see if I can reiterate what you said....

When you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and when we trust God completely and believe his word we are given a certain peace about the things we do not understand, therefore there is no longer any fear whatsoever!!

This is what happened to me once I completely turned my life over to Jesus Christ. A peace beyond all understanding.

So one can't be fully in Christ and trusting God when they do not believe the word of God and do not possess this peace that is spoken of. One has trusted in man and had their ears tickled to satisfy their fears rather than trusting in God to give the elusive peace that satisfies all fear.

Awesome!! Thank you Latte' Chic....you hit the nail on the head!!
..... I am glad to hear Ilene that God has shown your heart to the understanding His power to sanctifying a heart in Him !! Hebrews talks so about those who rest in Him !!!

Yes, there is a peace that passes all understanding for the child of God no matter what. And those who continue to walk in the carnal mind, mocking, will/can not understand the things of the Spirit of God, let alone to surrender to Him!
Because self is on the throne of their heart, due to many factors, either fear, unbelief, or fleshly appetites (sin) there are so many things that will hinder God's will in a life !!

Their flesh will fight against the Holy Spirit all the way! When He wants to bring people to this, resting in the Lord Jesus Christ!
For whatever reasons only God knows the heart to why they continue to mock and lie against the truth!!
We are to die to self daily, hour by hour, minute to minute, everything emotionally, spiritually, and physically ! Christ taught this so much..... Come follow Me !

It was not easy to get where God has brought my heart so far ! There have been many paths of trials, testing, tribulations to bring me too the point of throwing up my hands and falling on my knees, surrendering to His will !!!

And I know there is much more ahead..... to learn. Yet, I know from hindsight and the lessons in life trials, that my Lord Jesus Christ is always with me no matter where He leads me, praying, interceding, guiding, teaching me all things needed in this life journey, to bring me completed in Him, spotless, blameless in Him, for the purpose to present my life to the Father !!! Hallelujah ! Praise His Holy name !!!

He is our blessed Hope !!!
Blessing.....

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
..... I am glad to hear Ilene that God has shown your heart to the understanding His power to sanctifying a heart in Him !! Hebrews talks so about those who rest in Him !!!

Yes, there is a peace that passes all understanding for the child of God no matter what. And those who continue to walk in the carnal mind, mocking, will/can not understand the things of the Spirit of God, let alone to surrender to Him!
Because self is on the throne of their heart, due to many factors, either fear, unbelief, or fleshly appetites (sin) there are so many things that will hinder God's will in a life !!

Their flesh will fight against the Holy Spirit all the way! When He wants to bring people to this, resting in the Lord Jesus Christ!
For whatever reasons only God knows the heart to why they continue to mock and lie against the truth!!
We are to die to self daily, hour by hour, minute to minute, everything emotionally, spiritually, and physically ! Christ taught this so much..... Come follow Me !

It was not easy to get where God has brought my heart so far ! There have been many paths of trials, testing, tribulations to bring me too the point of throwing up my hands and falling on my knees, surrendering to His will !!!

And I know there is much more ahead..... to learn. Yet, I know from hindsight and the lessons in life trials, that my Lord Jesus Christ is always with me no matter where He leads me, praying, interceding, guiding, teaching me all things needed in this life journey, to bring me completed in Him, spotless, blameless in Him, for the purpose to present my life to the Father !!! Hallelujah ! Praise His Holy name !!!

He is our blessed Hope !!!
Blessing.....
I know, getting to where I am has been full of trials, testing and tribulations and it's still going on!! I've been tested beyond belief here lately but I have come through, (though it was VERY bumpy) stronger than ever and ready for the next trial. Because we know there will be one or twenty. But the peace that the Lord gave me a few years back is always there.....no matter what I'm facing. The peace that puts to rest fear of things unknown or misunderstood because He put that peaceful trust in me to know and understand HIM. The peace to be able to give it ALL to Him and trust in His word and His plan.

Jesus is ALWAYS there though we may feel alone at times. I've still got a lot of work to do but I can't tell you how much your post helped me today. I'll just leave it at that.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:24 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,668 times
'The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment.' 1 Co 2:15 NIV

Old 02-28-2010, 12:02 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
'The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment.' 1 Co 2:15 NIV
We are all under Gods judgment --- by quoting that verse it would seem that you think that you are spiritual and not a man and so can judge others, who you deem to be not spiritual, but men.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:18 PM

'"Who knows the mind of the Lord? Who is able to give him advice?"

And we have the mind of Christ.' 1 Co 2:16

Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
'"Who knows the mind of the Lord? Who is able to give him advice?"

And we have the mind of Christ.' 1 Co 2:16
And you really believe the "mind of Christ" is having most people burning for eternity?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
And you really believe the "mind of Christ" is having most people burning for eternity?
''Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

"Because many are invited, but few are chosen."' Mt 22:13-14

Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The peace that puts to rest fear of things unknown or misunderstood
I believe that. I made that point earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity