Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:45 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
They say we misrepresent . .. . yet when we say that even Hitler, Stalin and Satan will be saved, the story changes . . . . some URers do not think Satan will be saved . . . . and some URers don't believe in Satan.

Putting Satan aside .. . . there is nothing a person can do on this earth, murder, molest, steal, hate crimes . . . that will stop them from eternal life . . . . . . everyone gets Eternal Life is the message of UR . . .

Salvation is free to ALL . . . . . Period. That's UR in a nutsell, everyone will be granted eternal life . . . .
Lifesigns,

{Aonian} life is continuing life ---- it is not interrupted by judgment and the second death --- what someone reaps they will sow God is not mocked he will righteously judge everyone ----- for all of the pain and suffering that Hitler caused, he will reap it.

What does this verse mean to you?

1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I forgot to mention URs don't believe Satan exists either. Thanks.
But most of them do. Sheeesh - why are you doing this? Strange.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
But most of them do. Sheeesh - why are you doing this? Strange.
Because if one doesn't (such as me) then all must be lumped together.. Finn doesn't seem to care if he misrepresents what people believe or don't believe.... Now about me he is absolutely right, as I don't believe in a horned guy with a pitchfork called satan... but obviously other URers don't feel that way...

Personally I think he's just trying to be combative, but that is JMO.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:20 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Because if one doesn't (such as me) then all must be lumped together.. Finn doesn't seem to care if he misrepresents what people believe or don't believe.... Now about me he is absolutely right, as I don't believe in a horned guy with a pitchfork called satan... but obviously other URers don't feel that way...

And I suspect that you DO believe in the adversary/opposer, just not the traditional near-almighty devil and the "Helel son of Shahar" myth, right?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You misrepresent UR when you say all will be saved "automatically", or when you say all will be saved without being born again, or when you say all will be saved without believing in Christ.
You said yourself that there is nothing one needs to do in order to get saved. Yes? Then, but definition it is AUTOMATIC. Please look up the definition of the word 'automatic' if you don't know what it means.

And I said the URs don't believe one needs to be born again in this lifetime, which is the same thing as just said above. You believe one does not need to do anything, not even be born again because you believe everyone will be saved after death. It is the CORE UR belief, and a false teaching.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
oh so the UR's are the ones that believe that u only accept Jesus as your savior in your deathbed and even if u live like satan on earth, you will automatically be saved.. what do you guys think of Jesus' obvious conflict with the pharisees. so where does atheist go? an atheist who unknowingly follow Christ's teachings in that they love one another as they love themselves, in short they don't believe in Jesus not even in any god but they live like saints. where do they go?
No, they don't think you need to accept Jesus at all in your lifetime. You can live and die like Satan and reject Jesus, but they are still automatically saved after death. It is not a choise: everyone will be saved whether they like it or not.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

You know, you guys stated something that I had actually given thought to some years ago, but you had put it in very clear terms about the Jewish concept of satan not being a spiritual being. You had some links if I recall. Can you repost? thanx!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
No, they don't think you need to accept Jesus at all in your lifetime. You can live and die like Satan and reject Jesus, but they are still automatically saved after death. It is not a choise: everyone will be saved whether they like it or not.
No one accepts Jesus. You receive Jesus when born of the Spirit. And further, no one accepts being born of the Spirit. It's the sovereign work of the Spirit:

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The term listeth in the KJV is the Greek word:

θέλω
thélō; ***. thelḗsō. To will, wish, desire, implying active volition and purpose.
(I) To will, i.e., to have in mind, purpose, intend, please.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
No one accepts Jesus. You receive Jesus when born of the Spirit. And further, no one accepts being born of the Spirit. It's the sovereign work of the Spirit:

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The term listeth in the KJV is the Greek word:

θέλω
thélō; ***. thelḗsō. To will, wish, desire, implying active volition and purpose.
(I) To will, i.e., to have in mind, purpose, intend, please.
LOL Now you are defeating your own point.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Your evil arrow bounced off my breast plate and fell harmlessly to the ground.
raflm english ao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity