Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,455,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
Usually, when there is a tragedy in the US, the churches blame the gays, abortionists, etc.
Since I'm no longer living in the US, and therefore I don't here as much of the chat, can someone here tell me who the churches are blaming the oil disaster on? The gays? The democrats?

Any info much appreciated.

Blessings,
brian
This isn't about the church....it's about the right to be informed! Let them play the blame game, what's new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,696,314 times
Hi Brian...they are blaming our President,saying he is not treating Israel right,and quoting scripture that God 'blesses all who bless Israel,and curses all who curse Israel',all the while ignoring the good he does for them...like the iron curtain,etc.
IMO it seems that verse was written for the time they were in though.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:43 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,384,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Hi Brian...they are blaming our President,saying he is not treating Israel right,and quoting scripture that God 'blesses all who bless Israel,and curses all who curse Israel',all the while ignoring the good he does for them...like the iron curtain,etc.
IMO it seems that verse was written for the time they were in though.
Incredible! So if we give Israel all the weapons they need in order to keep the Palestinians oppressed, the oil spill will get cleaned up? Absolutely brilliant! NOT!

Thanks for the update. I guess I'm not missing much..

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 AM

YW Brian,and I should have said Iron Dome,not curtain...LOL!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,384,581 times
Quote:
YW Brian,and I should have said Iron Dome,not curtain...LOL!
What we really need is the Iron Rod!
Then man will learn war no more...

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-21-2010, 07:52 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Incredible! So if we give Israel all the weapons they need in order to keep the Palestinians oppressed, the oil spill will get cleaned up? Absolutely brilliant! NOT!

Thanks for the update. I guess I'm not missing much..

Blessings,
brian
Not really. Sigh. Makes me glad to be a loner. It's always the quiet ones

Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,455,081 times
Some of you ...will wake up, and others, well....praying for you: We are well on our way folks to becoming GLOBALIZED!! HENCE...your NWO! OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICAN PEOPLE!!

YouTube - National Guard Helps Confiscate Guns in New York State

You can attack his character all day looonnnnnnnggg, (don't some of us know it so well) but he is speaking some real truths!!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM

Betsey...comon' now.I'm not denying that we MIGHT(BIG MIGHT) be living in the end times,but the endless scare stories and the ppl constantly yelling 'WE'RE GOING HOME SOON!' are getting to be a bit much.
and despite the now-plugged oil spill,(which was the focus of many scare stories),and the earthquakes and recession...things aren't nearly as bad as the scare-tactic story-tellers predicted.
when the nukes break out somewhere in the world,or Iran,Turkey or N. Korea get attacked,or Damascus falls overnight...then I may pay attention.until then....I'm setting the snooze button.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,155 times
Quote:
Betsey...comon' now.I'm not denying that we MIGHT(BIG MIGHT) be living in the end times,but the endless scare stories and the ppl constantly yelling 'WE'RE GOING HOME SOON!' are getting to be a bit much.
and despite the now-plugged oil spill,(which was the focus of many scare stories),and the earthquakes and recession...things aren't nearly as bad as the scare-tactic story-tellers predicted.
when the nukes break out somewhere in the world,or Iran,Turkey or N. Korea get attacked,or Damascus falls overnight...then I may pay attention.until then....I'm setting the snooze button.

True. There were probably people that went through both World Wars who thought the world was coming to an end. If someone WERE to nuke us, so what? Japan got nuked. It wasn't the end. People are bombed every day. Still not the end.

It may be the end of America as we know it (please, no panicking), but still not the END.

Unless, we are all that matters.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-26-2010 at 12:04 AM..

Old 07-25-2010, 11:58 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,037,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
True. There were probably people that went through both World Wars who thought the world was coming to an end. If someone WERE to nuke us, so what? Japan got nuked. It wasn't the end. People are bombed every day. Still not the end.

It may be the end of America, but still not the END. Unless, we are all that matters.
Yes. Indeed. And as soon as we each die physically, that is our "end of the world". The timing is in God's hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity