Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes. Indeed. And as soon as we each die physically, that is our "end of the world". The timing is in God's hands.
Lol. Yep. It's the end of the world right now for thousands, as we sit here typing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 02:25 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
True. There were probably people that went through both World Wars who thought the world was coming to an end. If someone WERE to nuke us, so what? Japan got nuked. It wasn't the end. People are bombed every day. Still not the end.

It may be the end of America as we know it (please, no panicking), but still not the END.

Unless, we are all that matters.
nope,I don't think we're all that matters.and yes,I would pay attention,would it be the end yet? who knows.maybe not.but another world war,this one using nukes this time around,would not be pretty.most ppl don't even realize we did get a small amt of fallout just from chernobyl,here in the usa.not enough to hurt us,but a nuclear ww3 would not be pretty! perhaps not even a nuclear middle east war.i don't know how much fallout we'd see here,if any.guess it would depend on many factors.

i promise not to panic
sometimes i wonder what it WOULD be like now,had japan taken us over.would we have better technology? a better economy?? no unemployment?? a better way of life??yes, I realize there would not be a lot of things/freedoms we have now,i just can't help but wonder if our overall quality of life would have been better.(no stone throwing,pls.just wondering!!!)I'm glad they didn't take us over,still,it makes me wonder if they had,would we have been any better off thanw e are now?

Old 07-26-2010, 02:57 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You can attack his character all day looonnnnnnnggg, (don't some of us know it so well) but he is speaking some real truths!!
Is there something we need to know about Alex Jones' character?

Old 07-26-2010, 02:57 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
nope,I don't think we're all that matters.and yes,I would pay attention,would it be the end yet? who knows.maybe not.but another world war,this one using nukes this time around,would not be pretty.most ppl don't even realize we did get a small amt of fallout just from chernobyl,here in the usa.not enough to hurt us,but a nuclear ww3 would not be pretty! perhaps not even a nuclear middle east war.i don't know how much fallout we'd see here,if any.guess it would depend on many factors.

i promise not to panic
sometimes i wonder what it WOULD be like now,had japan taken us over.would we have better technology? a better economy?? no unemployment?? a better way of life??yes, I realize there would not be a lot of things/freedoms we have now,i just can't help but wonder if our overall quality of life would have been better.(no stone throwing,pls.just wondering!!!)I'm glad they didn't take us over,still,it makes me wonder if they had,would we have been any better off thanw e are now?
I won't throw stones at you. I just don't care enough about much of anything to do so.

Anyway, interesting you say such things. My son is obsessed with Japan for some reason. Probably because of, as you pointed out, their advanced technology.

And, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, ahead of time, for not panicking.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Anyway, interesting you say such things. My son is obsessed with Japan for some reason. Probably because of, as you pointed out, their advanced technology.
reminds me of what Marty said to Doc in the movie Back to the Future..

"But Doc...all the best stuff is made in Japan!!"
Quote:
And, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, ahead of time, for not panicking.
the sky is falling!! sry,temporary moment of panic there

Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 AM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
reminds me of what Marty said to Doc in the movie Back to the Future..

"But Doc...all the best stuff is made in Japan!!"
Ha..that's the first thing that popped in my head when I read that too. lol.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:08 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Default Paying Attention!

Yes! I pay attention...have eyes and ears that are far reaching......thus, in spirit, am vigilant always! In physical terms...I am cognizant that nothing we do can alter the course of what God has written as HIS DIVINE WILL!

YOUR WILL be done on EARTH and it is in HEAVEN...

PEACE!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times
Quote:
sometimes i wonder what it WOULD be like now,had japan taken us over.would we have better technology? a better economy?? no unemployment?? a better way of life??yes, I realize there would not be a lot of things/freedoms we have now,i just can't help but wonder if our overall quality of life would have been better.(no stone throwing,pls.just wondering!!!)I'm glad they didn't take us over,still,it makes me wonder if they had,would we have been any better off than we are now?
Be aware that the Japanese hierarchy had total distain for Americans and Westerners in general. In fact, in a historical document on their treatment of downed and captured WW-II American flyboys in the Pacific theatre, it turns out that Japanese island commanders butchered and ate Americans as sashimi.

This fact was not released until all these young mens' mothers had passed away precisely because of the utter horror and shock this fact would have brought to those poor women.

The hysterically instilled bushido attitude of the warring Japanese Empire thugs would have placed us all in utter subservience. The Japanese attitude at the time was amply demonstrated in the Rape of Nanking, China and other atrocities against even their fellow Asians. Not to mention the infamous Burmese Death March they subjected captured British troops to after those brave fellows capitulated at Shanghai. Despite it's gross inaccuracies, check out the movie "Bridge Over The River Kwai"

Burma Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So good luck on them being some loving, compassionate masters back then....

Old 07-26-2010, 11:13 PM

geez,thanks for that rifleman...no wonder they earned the name 'japs'.I guess it wasn't all for nothing! I'm old enough to recall that happening.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:29 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times
To whom it may concern......

It's called PAY ATTENTION for a reason......if it's not for you, it's not for you! That's all. I don't drink tea and then turn around and complain about how much I hate it. Nobody forced me to drink it, right? RIGHT!

For the interested...."At stake: a free, open, and affordable Internet, threatened by powerful phone and cable giants wanting to privatize and control it, have unregulated pricing power, and decide what's published at what speed or blocked".

Under Threat: A Free and Open Internet

If this is not a cause for concern to you, then just move along, that's all. If it is, I urge you to pay attention to it's development. It is a critical step to where we are TODAY, along this ever increasing fast track to world globalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity