Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 03:12 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,637,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes, the "turn them in" practice will be perfected once again, only THIS time......it's for the likes of you and I, that's if you're a true Believer in the Most High God, it's just getting started!
How in the world can you say a program to fight terrorism is a program to turn in Christians and forcing the masses to get chip implants etc?

The article has nothing to do with that, yet, through the lens of your belief EVERYTHING takes on that haunting evil hue.

Do you think suspicious activity which could be linked to terrorism should go unreported?

The disconnect from reality being displayed here is really a bit stunning.

Why not fight REAL oppression instead of this imaginary stuff? Big corporations (like Walmart) contribute to poverty and misery all over the world - and WE pay for it.

Now that's a "beastly" act worth reporting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 10:58 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
How in the world can you say a program to fight terrorism is a program to turn in Christians and forcing the masses to get chip implants etc?

The article has nothing to do with that, yet, through the lens of your belief EVERYTHING takes on that haunting evil hue.

Do you think suspicious activity which could be linked to terrorism should go unreported?

The disconnect from reality being displayed here is really a bit stunning.

Why not fight REAL oppression instead of this imaginary stuff? Big corporations (like Walmart) contribute to poverty and misery all over the world - and WE pay for it.

Now that's a "beastly" act worth reporting!
Imaginary stuff you say? Do some research on Sam walton's grass roots. Wal-Mart...another co. owned and controlled by elitists who are part of the stock-controlled Babylonian system. In these last days all the major companies will HAVE TO align with the beast system. If they don't...they won't be in business.

That's why its being done slowly in the name of terrorism, to make it the norm. Are you following me? Still over your head? Make no mistakes, THEY ARE laying the foundation for the police state! Airports. Stores. Subways. What's next?? Submit? Obey? Conform? Assumed Guilty.....but since it's just the "same old day" to you, and all's well in Wonderland, carry on, eh?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 PM

Some of you really don't see it coming huh? For this very reason, some of us remain. Don't shoot the messengers. We do it because we care.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:29 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,026,327 times
Quote:
Some of you really don't see it coming huh? For this very reason, some of us remain. Don't shoot the messengers. We do it because we care.
How about I take 2 tickets to some small island in the South Pacific filled with fair maidens and leave Jesus out of it? Thanks for the heads up that I need to leave this country.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
How about I take 2 tickets to some small island in the South Pacific filled with fair maidens and leave Jesus out of it? Thanks for the heads up that I need to leave this country.
South Pacific, Iceland, or Taiwan....I have a feeling He"ll find you at the appointed time. (and, your fair maidens too )

Old 12-15-2010, 11:13 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,637,318 times
Quote:
Imaginary stuff you say? Do some research on Sam walton's grass roots. Wal-Mart...another co. owned and controlled by elitists who are part of the stock-controlled Babylonian system. In these last days all the major companies will HAVE TO align with the beast system. If they don't...they won't be in business.

That's why its being done slowly in the name of terrorism, to make it the norm. Are you following me? Still over your head? Make no mistakes, THEY ARE laying the foundation for the police state! Airports. Stores. Subways. What's next?? Submit? Obey? Conform? Assumed Guilty.....but since it's just the "same old day" to you, and all's well in Wonderland, carry on, eh?
Things like the patriot act infringe on privacy rights AND I heard someone musing the same ideas as you are here way back then so, no, it's not going over my head. I'm surprised that you think I'm that dense - but then again, when someone doesn't see what you see so clearly I guess an appearance of density is inevitable.

End-timers generally don't address real existing problems though. They imagine a persecution in the U.S. which is not happening. So anything that even hints at being a possibility of turning into something that supports modern end-timism is seized upon as "proof" (and must be due to the lack of any real proof).

The rulers, the power hungry systems, the "elite" have always been the problem. Crisis is always used to scare people into conforming - nothing new here. All along I've said we DO need to fight tyranny - so we are in agreement about that. But the real problem is when you and I keep supporting the oppression of the poor worldwide by supporting those corporations which engage in unfair labor practices.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Things like the patriot act infringe on privacy rights AND I heard someone musing the same ideas as you are here way back then so, no, it's not going over my head. I'm surprised that you think I'm that dense - but then again, when someone doesn't see what you see so clearly I guess an appearance of density is inevitable.

End-timers generally don't address real existing problems though. They imagine a persecution in the U.S. which is not happening. So anything that even hints at being a possibility of turning into something that supports modern end-timism is seized upon as "proof" (and must be due to the lack of any real proof).

The rulers, the power hungry systems, the "elite" have always been the problem. Crisis is always used to scare people into conforming - nothing new here. All along I've said we DO need to fight tyranny - so we are in agreement about that. But the real problem is when you and I keep supporting the oppression of the poor worldwide by supporting those corporations which engage in unfair labor practices.
You said it, Betsey didn't didn't call you dense, you called yourself dense. There are many of things that goes over Betsey's head too at times firstborn888, but the coming of Christ and the times that we're living in is not one of them, thank you Lord! How many times has He admonish us to WATCH AND PRAY? There's a lot more coming until ALL the prophecies has been fulfilled! The bible does not lie! It will all come to pass. Yes, we ought to be watching and praying......heeding the time.

And then.......there's yet more!!

Metro Transit Police Chief Michael Taborn “says he is not worried about a trend in terror threats against the transit system,” WTOP reports. And so WMATA will begin random bag searches at Metro stations soon.

Metro Opens Bags | NBC Washington

Old 12-20-2010, 01:07 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,656,612 times
You know I love you Betsey but this seems to be grasping at straws with the transit system thing. I don't believe we are in any immediate danger from anything, so cool your heels a little bit please. The minute I feel we are in danger I'll let you know, I have a pretty good gauge about these things. But then again, they're just feelings and not written in stone. Let's see what happens on May 21, 2011.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 AM

33 posts, read 40,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You know I love you Betsey but this seems to be grasping at straws with the transit system thing. I don't believe we are in any immediate danger from anything, so cool your heels a little bit please. The minute I feel we are in danger I'll let you know, I have a pretty good gauge about these things. But then again, they're just feelings and not written in stone. Let's see what happens on May 21, 2011.
Hello Ilene, what is significant about May 21, 2011 ?

Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,656,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:17 View Post
Hello Ilene, what is significant about May 21, 2011 ?
Well I started a thread recently about it that went nowhere but if you go to YouTube you will see that there are all sorts of predictions about May 21, 2011 as the day of the Rapture or Jesus' return. There is a website promoting it by way of billboards. Pretty interesting stuff but I have a feeling that May 22 will prove the obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity